Zeeliciousxo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Firstly, I'd like to congratulate Faisal on being the winner. When I first heard he won I was a bit taken aback but then I thought about it and came to an understanding.

My reasoning:

If you need 2 things in order to win Jhalak (dance + popularity) and you excel in one of them, is it fair that you have an advantage over the other contestants? I see many people saying that it's unfair for Faisal to win because he's a trained dancer. Well was he born a trained dancer? No. He worked hard for it, just like other contestants worked hard for their popularity. So if you use that reasoning, it's completely fair. But if you say being a trained dancer is an unfair advantage than so is coming into the show extremely popular with a solid fanbase. Both types of contestants have an edge over the other contestants even before going into the show.

So if you want a completely fairly formatted show all the contestants must be non-dancers with more or less equal popularity. But if you are ok with contestants who already have huge fan power than you must accept trained dancers as well. As stated above, both work very hard for their edge (whether it's dancing or popularity) but it just isn't fair to the other contestants. 

However, since we have to accept that some contestants will have an edge each season...whether it's in dancing or popularity...if one is accepted the other one must be too. In that case, Faisal and Sanaya were the most deserving winners and I am glad one of them has won.

P.S. I know this is a sensitive time for many fans but I would like to say now, I am not a "hater" or "fan" of anyone here. I don't like to categorize myself like that. I like both Faisal and Sanaya and many people know that. So don't bother attacking me thinking I am targeting anyone specifically. I am stating my unbiased opinion because I have the ability to think critically right now. 

Congrats Faisal! And congrats to Sanaya for being first runner-up. Both are good souls and I am happy for both their achievements.

Biggest congratulations, however, to Vivek. This man has been brilliantly choreographing for years on JDJ! Each year I felt so bad for him because his choreography was alway so unique and beautiful and yet it never seemed to pay off with winning. But now it finally did! Congratulations man! You deserve it so much!! ðŸ¥³

P.P.S. How could I forget Vaishnavi...this girl has also been a a part of JDJ for years. Finally a win for this sweetheart! Congratulations girl!! 
Edited by Zeeliciousxo - 8 years ago