Yeh Vaada Raha

Janvi Vora Is My Real Sister- Rinku Karmarkar

YD.AH thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Janvi Vora who plays Karuna in Sasural Simar Ka is elder blood sister to Rinku Karmarkar and cousin to Ashita Dhawan who are in TV industry.

On being asked if she came into industry because her sister was already around she says, " Rinku started her career when she was 17 and she was doing a film called Sarhad and I had gone to meet her and director Mahendra Shah of the film told me I should consider acting. At that time I didn't think about it. After marriage I got a feeling that I want to become an actress. Parents were not in favour as I was doing well in my job. Post marriage I got my folio done I did a cameo in seven. My sister Rinku was initially surprised as why I would like to enter into acting when I was having a stable corporate job. I had no references. It was my heart's calling."

On being asked if she was inspired by her real sister Rinku Karmarkar or cousin sister Ashita Dhawan She says, "There was no one to guide me. I have the quality of doing what my heart says. I bought a film directory and started hunting for work through social networking websites. I didn't ask for help from anyone. Now Rinku and Kiran Karmarkar both are proud of me since I am successfully doing a stable show. My in-laws who were initially apprehensive about my acting career are happy that I am doing decent in career. Initially everyone was apprehensive as there is notion that in film and TV industry one need to compromise to get work. I got work on my own without anyone's guidance or help. I explained to my family that there is compromising possibility in every field even in corporate sector not just entertainment it's how you conduct that matters. Today everyone is proud of me"

Rinku Karmarkar says, "My bond with my real sister is that of a cat and a dog, except the cat and dog equally love each other. The relationship is like how ideally it should be. We rarely see each other in person as both are busy professionally but that is how family is. If we don't like each other's behavior, we tell on the face. We cannot show fake love in front of people but can't stand each other in real life, like many other siblings I have seen. We fight a lot but that does not mean we don't like each other. Janvi Vora is my real sister and means the world to me".

Keep reading this space for more updates.