The powerhouse of talent Bushra Ansari (bilqees kaur/saima choudhry)

tvluvr thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
hello friends currently zindagi is airing two outstanding shows "Azar Ki Ayegi Baraat" and "Bilqees Kaur" featuring Bushra Ansari .she is a Pakistani television host, actress and playwright born on 15 may 1956.she is a powerhouse of talent.she started her carrier at a tender age of 9 and the journey goes on and on and on...

Early Life, education and family
Born in Karachi, Ansari is the daughter of eminent journalist and writer Ahmad Bashir. Bushra studied in Lahore at Lady Griffin School and then she did intermediate from famous Lahore College for Women University, completed her BA in 1977 from Waqarunnisa College in Rawalpindi.she has

On 11 June 1978 Bushra married TV producer Iqbal Ansari. Together her and Ansari have two daughters. Her older daughter Nariman Ansari is a photographer . Her younger daughter, Meera Ansari, is a model and also a painter. 

Career
when she was  nine year old, she decided that she wanted to be on television, and forced her mother to take her to Pakistan Television's Lahore station. She joined a group of children in a children's music show 'Kaliyon Kee Maala' on PTV and started singing on it regularly. Eventually when her parents moved to Islamabad, she met the legendary puppeteer Farooq Qaiser and he asked her to join his show for children 'Kaliyaan'. Her first drama acting appearance was in one of Iqbal Ansari's productions, and since then she has appeared in many legendary programmes, including Angan Terha, Show Time, Fifty Fifty, Show Sha, Rang Tarang, and Emergency Ward.
Bushra is a very popular and versatile actress, equally at ease with comedy or serious drama. She is an excellent singer, a lively compere, and a gifted mimic. She has also worked as a model. And has also written some very popular drama serials and plays including 'Neeli Dhoop' which was also her first script. And 'Makaan' and 'Kucch Dil nay Kaha'. Her most recently screened serial was produced by GEO under Iqbal Ansari's supervision, called 'Dil hai Chhota sa' and it was the highest rated drama serial of that period. Bushra has visited many countries and won many awards, including the Pride of Performance Award in 1989 and presidential award as well as a Women's achievement award. Bushra Ansari hosted a television show Brunch with Bushra on Geo TV which featured in depth personal conversations with personalities from sports, showbusiness, and politics.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Am so glad you started this AT!

I am becoming more impressed with Bushra Ansari with every show of hers. I remember seeing her as the orthodox and suspicious MIL in Mera Naseeb and then as the wonderfully caring mother in Bezubaan. I think I got a glimpse of her real talent only in Kabhi Kabhi, where she played the complex role of the fussy-but-loving mother to perfection. These days my mother goes ga-ga over her Punjabi in Bilquees. It's great to have two shows of her back to back.
tvluvr thumbnail
copy pasting the article credit goes to arynews.

Fitting tribute to the iconic Bushra Ansari: website set up by her own daughter

June 27, 2015 @ 10:58 AM

Published in Entertainment

Comments are off for this post.

Bushra Ansari's website is a breath of fresh air, considering it highlights every detail of the comedian's life in a very thorough manner.

Bushra Ansari's website is a fantastic example of how one can create a brilliant online archive by saving numerous photographs and putting together many articles from the web.

It took two and a half years to complete bushraansari.com, but one can certainly take a look and see how the time and effort placed into the project has paid off. Featuring colourful pictures of the actress, a sea of articles throughout the ages (mostly from the 70s) and a timeline which featured important life events from Bushra's life. All, literally, a click away.

"It'll make it easy for me introduce myself to other people," Bushra Ansari had stated about the website to a local website. The website also served as a dose of nostalgia for Ansari, who had forgotten most of the songs she performed, when she started out as a singer for PTV.

"The collection of old songs on the website revived a lot of old memories. I joined PTV as a singer, I never rated myself as a proper singer, but they're so many songs that aren't with me anymore, so I'm glad some were preserved," she said to the same local website.

The website was helmed by Nariman Ansari, Bushra's 35 year old elder daughter who is a photographer and visual artist in Toronto. By going through the archive tab, one can view a collection of photos, videos, articles and music related to Bushra, each deservedly getting its own category. The pictures take you through Bushra's career, starting from a white photographed girl singing on a microphone to her posing with the Pakistan Idol judges, from last year.

The website is a much needed tribute to an actress of note. Other artists should take notice of this and compile a plethora of pictures, videos, articles and live performances of legendary artists.

Bushra Ansari performing in a play Kaliyon Ka Mela

Bushra at her wedding

Bushra Ansari with her fellow co-stars of Pakistan's iconic comedy show Fifty Fifty

With her husband Iqbal Ansari in 1986

Pakistan's entertainment industry is full of actors, actresses, comedians, musicians and artists of stellar quality which will be forgotten.

tvluvr thumbnail

Originally posted by: blyton

I am becoming more impressed with Bushra Ansari with every show of hers. I remember seeing her as the orthodox and suspicious MIL in Mera Naseeb and then as the wonderfully caring mother in Bezubaan. I think I got a glimpse of her real talent only in Kabhi Kabhi, where she played the complex role of the fussy-but-loving mother to perfection. These days my mother goes ga-ga over her Punjabi in Bilquees. It's great to have two shows of her back to back.

i became her fan 2 year back when i first saw the baraat series then bilqees kaur, and i was waiting zindagi to air it.,and now they started both the show back to back.she s gonna rock the indian tv.she is extremely talented person,hope she got the appreciation and fame from Indian audience she deserves.
tvluvr thumbnail
Bushra Ansari with sister Sumbul Shahid,daughter Meera Ansari and sister Asma Abbas

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
If you like her, you should watch her old show Anggan teda.
There was a servant's character in this show played by the late Saleem Nasir that was later imitated in an Indian movie Mr. India.
Bushras skits in fifty fifty were just hilarious. Her parodies of noor jehan, salma agha etc were amazing. She is truly versatile.
iluvtwist thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
glad you open the thread. bushra Ansari is a fabulous actress.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Omggg asma ABBAS is bushras sister 
Omggg I didn't know that 

Asma abbas was the gals mom in akbari asghari 
tvluvr thumbnail

Originally posted by: blyton

she really speaks very good punjabi.loving her in the roll of bilqees kaur. and saima choudhry.Edited by tvluvr - 8 years ago
tvluvr thumbnail

Originally posted by: -shabz-

If you like her, you should watch her old show Anggan teda.
There was a servant's character in this show played by the late Saleem Nasir that was later imitated in an Indian movie Mr. India.
Bushras skits in fifty fifty were just hilarious. Her parodies of noor jehan, salma agha etc were amazing. She is truly versatile.

definitely I m gonna watch it
heard lot about angan tedha and fifty fifty.she is a good singer,i have already seen khch dil ne kaha whose title track is sung by bushra. it was really good.though it is not easy to sing a song sung by legendary lata mangeshkar.