Gautam Rode is TVs new Karn- TOI

goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Gautam Rode is TV's new Karn: There's a sudden twist in the tale of Siddharth Kumar Tewary's mythological show 'Suryaputra Karn'. Till now, news was that Aditya Redij was finalised to play the grown-up Karn. However, the production house has now roped in Gautam Rode for the role. He will be entering the show post the second time leap. Incidentally, Gautam was the original choice for the role, but the deal didn't materialise back then. Says a source, "Since he was shooting for 'Mahakumbh' at that time, he didn't have dates for the show. It was only when the producers went back to their original choice, did the actor give his nod to the project." Gautam confirms, "I believe in playing different characters and Karn is different from the ones I have played so far. Also, I like the fact that it's a finite series like my previous show 'Mahakumbh'. I am looking forward to being seen in a different avatar." Interestingly, Gautam happens to be the only actor on the small screen, predominantly a woman's medium, who has played three title roles " Saraswatichandra, Rudra (Mahakumbh) and now Karn " in a row.
- Neha Maheshwri

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blossom_loving thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
no offence to anyone but I wanted to c aditya :-( only
rajasvi thumbnail
😛 Its great news..I can rightly expect that Gautam will put hard work in materializing karna..not to forget the publicity the show gets...other crowd favorite actors would also have been good..but let us make the best of what we have 😉
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
This is so strange. No doubt Gautam will portray a perfect Karna but Aditya was not less capable too.. And wasn't he finalized already, giving interviews, publishing the look etc? Wondering what made the PH to suddenly change their decision 😕 Also not fair to Aditya unless it was a mutual decision due to some differences!!
Krilovad thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
 what ?? I think some wrong news ... CVS just stupid .😡
Nalayak-baccha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i think they've exchanged the roles...gautam rode as Karn and aditya as arjun...
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: THE_BOSS

i think they've exchanged the roles...gautam rode as Karn and aditya as arjun...

Might not be a bad idea, although I think Aditya would be a good Yudisthir
jmoyee200 thumbnail
I think this is not true news ... If this is true then CVS total stupid ...coz ADITYA REDIJ as Karn just awesome...  not Gautam rode 

Edited by jmoyee200 - 8 years ago
br200910 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is not fair CVS u do Aditya  photo shoot as Karn n now change u Karn very wrong . Gautam rode not good as Karn.
 May be This is wrong news coz not showing any other side so wait for Real news ...

If not Aditya as Karn i stop watch .

CHAVI5050 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very wrong Cvs this is not fair suddenly change Actor ...
 Aditya is best as Karn