ArHi OS: Sanki Pankhis | Happy Birthday Re Re! TY Note Pg 7

Chokri_ASR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

A Collaboration by Ruchi (Arshi67), Choti (chotidesi) and Jigs (Chokri_ASR) in honor of Re Re (Heavens_Flower)

Hope you all enjoy this small funny oneshot and join us in wishing Re Re for her Birthday...

Sanki Pankhis

20 September 2015

Astrus Offices, Mumbai

A more than slightly gorgeous specimen of mankind steps into the building, with one hand casually hooked in the pocket of his jeans. He runs his other hand through his lush locks while looking around unhurriedly. He saunters towards the reception at the far end of the lobby and asks for directions to the MD's office.

The girl behind the desk gives him a glazed look, opening and shutting her mouth, unable to formulate any response. He looks a little concerned and waves his hand in front of her face.

"Tum theek ho", he asks automatically.

She shakes her head slowly, swallowing nervously.

Fortunately, her colleague finishes with his call and rushes to assist. "Sorry sir, Mr Mathur is on the top floor. Please allow me to show you the way."

"Is she okay? Does she need any dawai?" the man asked huskily seeing a shiver run through the girl.

"She'll be fine sir, please come this way," he answered, leading the visitor towards the elevators. "She er ... gets this way sometimes." especially when she spots you he muttered under his breath.

They got off on the top floor and made their way towards the far end of the open plan office. There was a sudden silence as the staff gaped at the visitor crossing the room.

The only sound that could be heard was a faint buzzing sound. It sounded like a swarm of bees. Shrugging aside this fanciful notion, the visitor looked up as he heard a familiar voice call his name. A lopsided smile broke out on his face as he clasped the outstretched arm of his friend and adviser, Aman.

"Barun, good to see you" Aman said giving him a man hug.

"Likewise," said Barun "but why did you want me to be here in person? I'm perfectly happy for you to negotiate with them Aman. I trust you yaar".  

"Arrey, this was one of their conditions. They were adamant that they wanted to meet with you in person. I have to say they do appear rather keen. They've been here since before the offices opened. I just need to warn you that there are quite a few of them here."

"What are they called again?" asked Barun intrigued.

"Baaraati Production House. It's an international company from what I gather. Quite well funded even though this is their first venture. And very professional and extremely well organised" replied Aman settling himself behind his desk.

"I have no problem working with newcomers provided the script excites me" said Barun walking over to lounge casually on a couch by the window. "You know that".

"Yes ... I do, lekin these ladies are, how shall I put it ... different?" said Aman hesitantly. "You'll know what I mean when you meet all of them".

"All of them?!" asked Barun "Exactly how many of them are there?"

"I'll just call them in and you can count for yourself" said Aman while picking up his phone.

"Lavanya, could you send the ladies from BPH in please, and could you also send in some black coffee for Barun".

"Am I going to need some Desi Daaru" began Barun jokingly just as the door to the office swung open with some force and a group of women literally swarmed in. They came to an abrupt halt in front of him.

Barun stood up politely holding out his hand to the lady in front.

She was in a long red dress and had silky black hair which tumbled down to her waist. She had a wonderfully dreamy look on her face, even while her eyes were fixed speculatively on a point just above Barun's eyes. She continued staring as Barun dropped his hand back to his side.

Feeling slightly uncomfortable, he lifted his hand to surreptitiously wipe his mouth in case his wife's lipstick marks were still visible ... The movement seemed to bring the lady out of her trance and she stepped forward.

"Rabba Ve Barun. I'm Re Re, the official spokesperson for our group" she said holding out her hand. Seeing him cock his eyebrow, she noticed the tweezer in her hand and quickly shoved it in her pocket. "Thank you for agreeing to meet with us. I hope you like our proposal. I've already consulted with a few research groups regarding the subject and the results have been very positive. We have a lot of in house expertise ranging from costume to location to direction to publicity to makeup to hair ..."

A snigger broke from two young girls bringing up the rear of the group. They were clutching a bag from which  a blue fabric could be seen from a distance ... and something else which had a moose pattern of some sort printed all over ...

Giving them a Buaji glare, Re Re turned back to Barun.

"As I was saying, we wrote the script ourselves. It is a collaboration between some of the finest authors and you're going to love it, I'm sure"

Re Re handed him a bound copy of the script along with a book which looked like an anthology of poems.

"What's this?" asked Barun looking at the book.

"Oh just some poems I've written" said Re Re airily, smiling at him.

He flipped open the book to a page which had the title "The enthralling curvature of your eyebrows". Looking a little nonplussed,  he closed it and set it down on a nearby table.

"Thank you" he said and sneezed suddenly. Instantly a few roomals were thrust under his nose causing him to stagger back slightly.

"As you can see, we're well prepared for all eventualities" said Re Re giving an approving smile to her friends. "We have gourmet chefs here who are able to whip up whatever you fancy, we have sunny people who will always greet you cheerfully. Oh and here is an album put together for you by one of our members. This is made especially for your wife for while you're away shooting with us."

"Um... thanks, I guess. She will appreciate it..." He hesitantly takes the scrapbook from her hand and puts it on the table.  He looks over at the corner, and spots a woman staring at him surreptitiously.  

As their gaze meets, her face turns into a tamatar red, and she quickly lowers her eyes. And mutters under his breath...

"Ae teri toh ..."

Re Re arches her eyebrow following his outburst, and notices one of the Bee's. She shakes her head, and lets out a deep sigh.

"Oh don't mind her. She is team leader of our SS Department of the production house. Shall we move forward?" She gestures towards the loveseat in the corner, and walks ahead.

"I guess." He shrugged, but noticed a group of women following him. His eyes widened, as he sits down and Re Re moves closer to him.

Her voice softens as she says, "We have to make space for the PIC team."

"Ab yeh kaun hain?!" as he sees a quintet of women standing over him. One of them seemed to be clutching a pair of scissors and a comb.

He leans back with an alarmed look on his face.

"Don't worry" says Re Re casually, as she waves to the stylist amongst them holding designer outfits in her hand. "They're here to do a test look and show the beta testers before production."

Barun nodded as the designers descended upon him, only to have yet another person interrupt the scramble.

"Wait wait wait! I forgot to give you this sheaf of letters from Jalebi." Barun gave her a confused look, taking the stack of letters from her hand. He flipped through them, still mystified by who this Jalebi person was.

What kind of a name was Jalebi anyway?

"Barun, we'll need you to come this way with us..." Re Re continued, gesturing to the side. He glanced up in the mirror as he stood up to go with her, only to awkwardly catch the eye of a group of women whose eyes were cast pointedly at his...

That was it. He was done with these sanki pankhis.

He threw Aman a vitriolic look and strode out of the room, his face thunderous with only one thought in his mind...

Bhaag beta bhaag! Bhad mein jaaye yeh role aur bhad mein jaaye ye antararashtriya production house.

The sanki pankhis stared after him desolately, and then turned to the distraught birthday girl, surrounding her and engulfing her in hugs.

"Kyun dard hai, itnaa... tere ishq mein, rabba ve, rabba ve... rabba ve..."

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt_kmgrxlkA[/YOUTUBE]

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Di!

A heartfelt wish to someone who is very special to me and am very fortunate to have you in my life. To someone who touches each life she enters, spreading joy to everyone you meet: may the love and happiness you share with others return to you tenfold. I wish you many more happiest of birthdays!

Love you more to infinity and beyond!

Your angel Hamesha!

Jigs

Here's to gazing at not just his eyes, but his perfectly trimmed eyebrows...

Credit to Uploder
Edited by Chokri_ASR - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshi67 thumbnail

Many Happy Returns of The Day Re Re   🥳

"He who kisses joy as it flies by will live in eternity's sunrise." 

William Blake

And this is how I see you Re Re. Always ready with a smile for us, always ready with a hug for us, always ready with beautifully woven words for us, always ready to indulge us. May you always remain thus  🤗

It is my pleasure and privilege to have you as a friend Re Re, and your friendship is one I shall always treasure. I hope that we can watch Barun's next film together and not just be together virtually. Swooning and screaming and bringing the house down! 

A special warm hug and lots of love is being sent your way. And not just for today, it's the hamesha wala one  ❤️

Yours, 

Ruchi

Edited by Arshi67 - 8 years ago
rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Me too here Re Re...

Re Re...

Whenever it's a special day, 
And even when it's not, 
You're someone I appreciate 
And think about a lot. 
I appreciate the nice things, 
That you take the time to do,
I think about the way we met, 
And how our friendship grew, 
And as I send you wishes... 
All a warm heart can extend... 
I add a loving line to say... 
I am glad you are my friend... 
Friend... such a simple word for one of the great necessities of life. 
So glad we're friends! 

Friend... such a simple word for one of the great necessities of life. 
So glad we're friends! 

Happy Birthday!
Edited by rulama - 8 years ago
Sadh123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
I am very slowly getting acquainted with you all and my recent acquaintance was with Re Re aka Poem ki Raani.. and her poem is what which United us.. and it was on Revealed.. Choices! 

Sometimes our accidental choices turn the best and this was the case with me too.. The love all of them have poured above clearly shows the wonderful person you are.. 

A very very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Re Re.. I wish there is always sunshine during your deepest struggles, happiness in your life and hope to succeed.. Have a very happy birthday and more to come.. 

This was an awesome one Jigs, Ruchi and Choti.. I was grinning all the while.. Lol.. you guys are too good at humor.. and Jigs I think your next stop should be on a humorous subject.. You are so natural at it!

Love,
$adh!
Edited by Sadh123 - 8 years ago
jduke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Re Re 🤗, 

Just like her name she is beautiful and a sweet person in and out. I am glad that we met here and proud to call her as akka. Happy Birthday and I wish you all happiness for years to come.  Enjoy your day. 

PS: Jigs and Ruchi, Thanks for PM. 

Edited by jduke - 8 years ago
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Happy Birthday Re re. 🤗

Re re for me is,  a Ray of hope, a ray of sunshine, a ray of love, a ray of warmth, a ray of friendship, a ray of humility, a ray of poetry, a ray of joy and much much more.

It has been my privilege to have met you on IF and you and your friendship have become my beautiful companions which I hope to cherish in years to come.

Hope you have a wonderful day and have a year full of joy and happiness.

Edited by canapoem - 8 years ago
chotidesi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Happy Birthday, Re Re! You have filled our lives with wonderful words, the warmest of hugs and the most endearing enthusiasm for Barun's eyebrows (and by default, his eyes)- I wish you a year filled with just as much joy as you give us with your poetry.

Much love,
Choti.
Edited by chotidesi - 8 years ago
sudhareddy thumbnail
The days come around every year, but friends like you only come once in a lifetime. I'm so glad you came into my life. You are a true friend, so please don't change ever!  For many people, the word friend is just a sequence of letters. For me, it is the source of happiness and strength because of you.
I am glad you are my friend 😃
Happy Birthday Re Re ❤️ 🥳 

Edited by sudhareddy - 8 years ago
pravallika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RE RE 🤗😛

Happy Birthday Gifs.

PS : that was one fabulous idea for os  jigs, ruchi, choti... I was 🤣 awesome threesome 😛👏⭐️

Edited by pravallika - 8 years ago
Anu567 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Happy birthday Re Re,

Hope you have a fabulous and fun day and great year ahead. One that is filled with thoughtful reviews for us to read, and your interesting, quirky observations on all the amazing stories on this forum! Good luck and God bless!! 😊

Jigs, Ruchi, Choti, another stellar collaboration...take a bow...poor Barun and the Sankhi Pankhis...donon ka point sahee hain! Loved all the fun bits...Buaji wala glare...haha! All too hilarious. Thanks for the morning laughs! Off to work now...in a better humor than I was before this one! 

Edited by Anu567 - 8 years ago