Abhishek Bachchan roped in for Sanjay Gupta's next?

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Abhishek Bachchan roped in for Sanjay Gupta's next?

Deccan Chronicle | September 13, 2015, 13.12 pm IST

Mumbai: After teaming up with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, filmmaker Sanjay Gupta is planning to direct another film 'Ek Tha Gangster' with Abhishek Bachchan. Sanjay who is fascinated with the genre has attempted several films like the Shoot series, 'Musafir' and 'Zinda' in the past. 

Abhishek's last few projects have fallen into comedy genre, hence this film will be a welcome change. The last time, Abhishek played a gangster was in Mani Ratnam's 'Yuva' which garnered a lot of praises. According to reports, the actor has already read the script and given it a nod of approval. If eveyrthing goes smoothly, the makers are planning to take the film on floors next year. 

The director recently wrapped up the shooting of 'Jazbaa'. The film marks the comeback of Aish who was last seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guzaarish'. It also stars Irrfan Khan in a pivotal role.The film's first look was unveiled at the Cannes Film Festival this year, Sanjay also presented a small trailer for the media present there. 

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150913/entertainment-bollywood/article/abhishek-bachchan-roped-sanjay-gupta%E2%80%99s-next

Edited by touch_of_pink - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Oh god I was watching all is well last night I watched about 10 min of it and started doing something else. Abhishek got no screen presence, he can't act, looked fat half the time and just really doesn't look good. I think its time he gives it up and does something else.
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
People are too harsh on Abhsihek. he CAN act, but he has limited screen presence and VERY limited popularity.
if John can get umpteen chances, then why not Abhishek?