arrogant protagonists

Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
I think SidT has an ideology that to become strong to garner sympathy the main character always had to be rude disrespectful arrogant towards people irrespective of position age and anything else. The more rude they are more strong they will be proved. And well to be very honest this sony Karna is a winner in that case. And only comparison of him is well yes StarDraupadi. Well ppl relax not going to irk any angle here. But this SonyKarna is reminding me StarDraupadi in every occassion. To disrespect elders (well yes stardrau did to kunti,gandhari on ds, cant help it but it was big insult to give order to mother in laws) here karna does same with bheeshma, dhritarastra, kunti, , stardrau insultes pandavs in various occassions (during arsu marriage, abhi entry in virat etc) and sonykarna does same now. May be later episodes will show many more similarities. The biggest similarity is those whom they insult are very mild towards them and never hurled any insult as reply that very nicely support them. Or answer them. They may be wronged them in epic but in these shows they are quite nice. Even bheeshma is very calm in from Karna's attitude. Also another similarity that no matter how rude they are ppl will find them to be right. So now my question if karna is this much rude to all these ppl of hp what he will be towards drau. Are we expecting bhut pishach monkey to be reversed? coz this karn is no way near softieraj starkarna to digest insult. So may be he will start hurling in sayamvar itself.
Another similarity of both. Stardraupadi and SonyKarna both evoke irresistable desire of mine to punch them left right and centre.
Well if there are fans who get offended i really cant help i posted what i felt only. And this is not about epic characters regardless to say. Its for two amazing sidt creations.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KURT15 thumbnail
You nailed it Jhum!! SidT is once again proving to be master of badly written fan fictions in the guise of mythology
gowri122 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am a Karna fan and i agree with u. 
i do not like this portrayal of epic characters in such cavalier manner. Not just this show, most of the shows on epics or puranas has such ridiculous portrayal. dkdm was an exception to this,majority of time. even there, they made sati refer to mahadeva as being arrogant 
Here, Karna is lecturing everyone in his path. Dhrithrashtra calls Karna 'acidic tongued' in MB but he was like that to Shalya who was an epic irritant. Even when Drona insults Karna for attaining divyastra, Karna refers Drona as a valiant fighter. Karna always appreciated talent when he saw it. 

But here they have whitewashed Kunti completely🤬 and has turned Bhishma as the source of all of Karna's probs😕 I have stopped watching the show as i am epically pissed off by the bromance btw Karna & Pandavas. I won't watch it if they continue to screw up like this.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I don't so much mind Karna being rude to those who were his antagonists.  Like if a serial was true to the story and depicted him as being rude towards Bheeshma or Drona, it'd be one thing.  Or for that matter his hostility towards the Pandavas.

What bugs me is that Karna is getting to be depicted as guilty of ingratitude, which is the farthest that could be from reality.  In the original, the reason he stayed loyal to Dury to the end was his gratitude to the latter for standing up for him, and then taking him into his close circle.  The reason he was rude to the Pandavas, and hated them (until he found out who he really was) was that they spared no opportunity to insult or hurt him.

But here, in this story, Pandu, Kunti and now the Pandavas are very polite towards him.  They've bowed to him, despite being of a superior (known) status.  Had Karna been true to character, he'd have loved and supported them.  Also, Karna always graciously accepted any hand of friendship that came his way.  Yet, in this serial, when Kunti extended her hand wanting to feed him, he was extremely rude in his refusal to let her. 😡

If the makers didn't want to follow Vyasa b'cos it doesn't paint Karna in the best of lights, then they should have changed it to something that was at least logical.  Like having invented Karna's encounters w/ Pandu and now the Pandavas, they'd have been just fine in making Karna allied to the Pandavas, up to the war, and fighting it on their side.  That would have been consistent w/ a combination of Karna's character and the one they've created in this show - the kid who's showered by love from Kunti and her family.

The main reason Karna fans hate Kunti was not merely her floating him away in the river, but rather, never acknowledging his  identity or doing anything for him until she needed him.  But in this story, Kunti does not do that.  Even though she doesn't yet know that Karna is her son, she gives him almost the same love that a mother does, and in fact, in his childhood, loved him more than Radha  did.  So given this combination of circumstances, they should just make Karna all out pro Pandava and have him fight on the Pandava side in the war.  Granted, it will be completely nonsense, but it will at least preserve the integrity of Karna's character.
Patrarekha thumbnail
@gowri absolutely agree with you. DKDM was much better than both Starbharat and this nonsense show but still Sati was rude in times specially in last parts she hurled mahadev a lot and some considered that to be instance of a strong woman and which is not present in parvati and so and so. Leave it.
But stardraupadi was definition of arrogance of a different level and some pseudo feminists found her praiseworthy as if insulting and disrespecting is way of putting words. Some even said a woman cant be rude why? As if being rude for no reason is very praiseworthy act.
And this sonykarn. What will i say. I mean he defies all logic. I don't even consider him anyone with distant relation with the person I know from childhood. This is not at all about suryaputra karn of mahabharat. Its about just someone or some ppl with names from epic.
Calling him rude or arrogant will be insult of those words.
milinda.shreyz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
U guys right having very interesting discussion.  Agree with with all of u.
Myraluvpanchali thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So u can't resist to bring Draupadi in each and every topic you make? Can u?
Patrarekha thumbnail
Looks like some still don't know difference between Star and Sony version and epic character or don't want to bother the last line of the post. as per my knowledge also there is no copyright over to talk about any character. is there? whatever I don't care.Edited by Patrarekha - 8 years ago
vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
agree with u
feeling the same nd losing interest on show ..