Sujoy Ghosh buys rights for Saradindu's 'Tungabhadrar Teere'

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Filmmaker Sujoy Ghosh buys rights for Saradindu's Tungabhadrar 'Teere'

Jhimli Mukherjee Pandey,TNN | Sep 2, 2015, 04.12 PM IST
Filmmaker Sujoy Ghosh buys rights for Saradindu's Tungabhadrar 'Teere'

After his short film
 Ahalya went viral on the internet, film maker Sujoy Ghosh is suddenly the center of everyone's attention. He has been flooded with phone calls about his next project and whether it would be a full length feature film like Kahaani or whether it will be another experiment in filmmaking.

Ghosh who hails from the city, though now settled in Mumbai, confesses that Kolkata and things Bengali have always owned a large part of his psyche and that is why Kahaani was set in Kolkata andAhalya was a Bengali film. Again, not many know that Korbo Lorbo Jeetbo Re, the slogan of the Kolkata Knight Riders, was also coined by Ghosh.

For some time Ghosh has been silent about his next project after Kahaani, though curiosity was mounting and then Ahalya was released on You Tube. But it is his quest to find his Bengali moorings that has once again brought Ghosh to Kolkata; this time to buy the film rights of Tungabhadrar Teere - the landmark historical novel by Saradindu Bandyppadhyay.

"Tungabhadra fascinates me. It's setting is so panoramic, the thoughts and feelings involved are so deep and the characters so larger than life that it simply transports me to another world. It would be an immense task to bring this immortal story to life. I have bought the film rights of the novel and hope to film it in Hindi," Ghosh said. He was here over the weekend, when he also attended the 60th anniversary celebration of Pather Panchali among other things and left for Mumbai on Monday evening.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Filmmaker-Sujoy-Ghosh-buys-rights-for-Saradindus-Tungabhadrar-Teere/articleshow/48773857.cm
s
Edited by touch_of_pink - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow Wow Wow
This is one helluva grand novel
But turning it into movie would mean big budget and multi star cast
Hope Sujoy casts well
I'll be catching this one for sure. A magnum opus in making is what I hope for.
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow! One of my friends is a huge fan..I'm gonna tell her about this news right now 😆
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
The story seems powerful...but...

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

The story seems powerful...but...

You read it? If not, check it out immediately.