Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: putti77

I agree with Nisha's point.. You have to inform boss at least a text msg when you are not keeping well..
In our firm an email wil be sent to all married women (off course you can't this email to un married women in India) every month asking if anyone are pregnant by a lady HR... It is not to dictate someone but our manament wants to create a proper backup plan...

Previously it has happened that two ladies working on same application got pregnant on the same time but didn't inform management until 4th month.. Both of them had complications and couldn't come after 5th month... The management suffered a lot with application being critical...

So II should have informed Bally n Ritu..

These are my two cents...

Recently my company increased maternity leave to 6months and next 6 months they can take unpsid leaves...

Putti

I would deem that "Excessive and bordering on the illegal"๐Ÿ˜ฒ I am totally shocked reading your company does that. Someone could easily take them to court

In the US they would have their ass sued, nobody likes their company or their government in their bedroom.
Its like asking ISIS "Do u plan to bomb next month"

Contingency planning is not defined as asking "fertile women if they missed their period"

Contingency planning is cross training and documenting processes so MANY are able to fill in
I am surprised nobody has taken your company to task๐Ÿ˜ญ

swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Swathi

You cannot "casually shrug" off such arrogant symbolism  influential women like Marissa display. I am not going to have any more kids (Phew!!)

She will end up screwing your maternity if you are complacent

Yahoo lobbyists will convince  Washington "Maternity is a waste of productivity, costs the American corporations $38 billion a year" and get Congress to pass a legislation getting rid of the already shitty 6 weeks we get.

For her Yahoo's stock price is important and her golden parachute, a pregnant employee be damned

Jus sayin...

Nish

we need not make it a big issue...even now there are all kinds of ppl who work for more than 18 hrs and stuff...every ceo does...but that doesn't mean that we are going to have a legislation passed that everyone shud work for 18 hrs...the one who does has their own priorities/liking and benefits...u choose wat u want to do...there I don't think u need to consider others...if she wants to breathe work and only that gives happiness to her...so be it...I have no problem in what she does as long as she does not bring a rule that all postpartum women should join in 2 weeks...
Edited by swathi1990 - 8 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: swathi1990

She wants to come back to work in 2 weeks is her choice Nish...she is not asking all the women to come back...banning work from home is totally different...infact I have seen many ppl as to how they work from home...it is equal to taking a paid leave...it was literally misused by everyone... Nish...

Unfortunately for Marissa and like minded CEOs like her WFH IS THE REALITY of the future. She can take it and shove it if she doesnt care for it

Of the 50 top commuting nightmare cities in the world over 20 are in North America. Sooner or later its going to be a legitimate choice offered to new hires and existing employees

Technology will outpace paranoia and corporations will be able to tell how many times u peed and if a Fed Ex guy showed up at your door or a sexy plumber showed up and at what time๐Ÿ˜ƒ

docs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Did I miss an update after unlike II ???/plz let me know the page no. Shit i m running late. I have to go make breakfast n lunch before the lil one wakes up n here I m stuck to my fone reading sosy ... Bye plz let me know 
harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

You mean Establishing a Yahoo HR policy of forcing Yahoo's post partum female employees to return to work in two weeks" by setting an example by returning to work in two weeks after the twins

Is HER CHOICE?

Enakku puriyale u tell me Swa

There are 2 ways to look at it, either all the women employees take her to task ki dknt do gender bias in pay and IF you are leading let us draw same paychks as you and we ALL will take ONLY 2 weeks off... Else buzz off!! With that 250K one would be able to afford a full time in house nanny for that BABY or prize whichever way you call it, coz that lady sounds like making her job her first baby and for a company that is not in her name, kisi bhi din sack kar sakte hain, fir apne baby ko batayegi yahoo ke liye tujhe 2 wk ka chor kar gayi thi kaam pe๐Ÿ˜†
Errantnomad thumbnail
When you're demotivated, you communicate haphazardly about things that bother you. That can cause more problems than it solves.

Just something that came to my mind after reading these discussions.This guy was doing so well for himself for the first four years of his joining a multinational managing his projects in Singapore flying out from India at least thrice a month to meet his clients there.
The top management poached a super senior guy from another miltinational to head Singapore operations and that new boss managed to poach his team from his old co and in the process the guy from India lost his sweet spot and his earlier bosses couldn't do much to help his situation. This guy slowly started finding it difficult , felt supremely demotivated to even communicate and blundered often after that.
It so happenned that this guy who was the point of contact with his clients, on his next trip to Singapore,as luck would have it, lost his passport in the morning of an important presentation with the client which had his new boss accompanying him.Tried to reach his boss but couldn't , did not do enough as he was distracted and once the cops registered the complaint, the situation was no longer in his control.
He left the boss at the altar , if I may say so, stranded to handle the client and the new boss who was just getting updated with the deal had to save face which obviously did not go well with him. The guy lost his footing even more with his current boss.
The guy who lost his passport took an emergency visa and came bk to india, couldn't travel for a few months cos of the lost passport and lost his standing in the projects that he was earlier handling .
He stuck around sulking and in the next three months, found his ship was sinking and started to prepare to jump out.
The man ,normally sharp ,failed to inform his boss on the mrng that his passport is lost and left him stranded. He still cannot believe that he failed to communicate then.
Now the guy is seemingly happy in another multinational but tells us that's the worst professional low that he has gone thru ever in his career.
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: swathi1990

Nish

we need not make it a big issue...even now there are all kinds of ppl who work for more than 18 hrs and stuff...every ceo does...but that doesn't mean that we are going to have a legislation passed that everyone shud work for 18 hrs...the one who does has their own priorities/liking and benefits...u choose wat u want to do...there I don't think u need to consider others...if she wants to breathe work and only that gives happiness to her...so be it...I have no problem in what she does as long as she does not bring a rule that all postpartum women should join in 2 weeks...

Swa

You are missing my point

Five years from now if she revokes maternity leave in Yahoo and the practice catches on across the industry then?
Already IT is infamous for inhuman work conditions. No maternity leave or "subtle pressure to quit" "bad reviews" "forcing you out" type tactics will be used if u choose to take over the 6 week paid leave

When a CEO pulls such STUNTS I am sorry Swathi its no longer a matter of "freedom" or "choice"

It will cascade down to nobodies like me๐Ÿ˜ก
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Unfortunately for Marissa and like minded CEOs like her WFH IS THE REALITY of the future. She can take it and shove it if she doesnt care for it

Of the 50 top commuting nightmare cities in the world over 20 are in North America. Sooner or later its going to be a legitimate choice offered to new hires and existing employees

Technology will outpace paranoia and corporations will be able to tell how many times u peed and if a Fed Ex guy showed up at your door or a sexy plumber showed up and at what time๐Ÿ˜ƒ

not complaining about work from home as long as ppl don't misuse it...๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†   
harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Waise ye sab toh theek hai Nisha, R&B ko II  mili ki nahi?usko tumne 7-8hrs se bhookha hi rakha hai, breakfast bhi untouched tha when R&B last checked๐Ÿ˜† Edited by harshita27 - 8 years ago
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: docs

And here in India some companies are coming up with 1yr maternity leave!!!!

Oh yes haven't j said somewhere earlier a woman is a woman's worst nightmare ???? 

We have one year maternity leave in Canada.. The most wonderful time that a new mom can spend with her baby without fear of losing her job! Fantastic.