Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: swathi1990

no one is miffed harsh...intact it is only bally who has put 2 and 2 together...no one else knows that...Ranjan doing it for II and compensating for it for a personal reason blurs the conflict of interest line between the client and the vendor...

Lets take a different perspective ---- Ranjan stopped his out of station works...but tomo if ritu /bally wanted her to go somewhere else for a different client, Ranjan cant do anything illaya...

That I agree, n thats why when I first read about Ranjan asking Mr.B to stop work in Punjab, I thought ki ab II ko koi aur dusra project de diya toh? Waise generally u dont get an out of city project, without first being consulted...everyone knows she is married, India mei sab decisions family se discuss karke hi lete hain... N US mei toh they wont even assume or expect, if you deny its like that was expected.
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: harshita27

Bally ko R&B ne bola na ki sick hai, she knew from Bally that its not sardi bukhar but dehydration and was administered IV... What is with that lets get in a conf room attitude? The first time was a vacation.. THIS, she already knows is a Sick leave...well, I understand that she wants to now establish the "I'm the BOSS" wala funda with II... BUT what is the matter with Bally? What is he mad about? That she didnt go to Ri2 directly? When she is sick? And dude genuinely doesnt know Ri2's contact detail???

See the problem is not giving them a clear picture...she already was working from home for the past 2 weeks...then she suddenly doesn't report...dude msgs wednesday that she is sick and won't come that day...but she ended not showing up even on thursday...and the extent of her sickness was said only on thursday nite...all these doesn't sound very professional to me...bally didn't say anything abt the indefinite leave because he is considerate about II...R&B was easily able to say to bally that he doesn't know when she will come...becos he was able to take advantage of that friendship...
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow
So many thoughts so many opinions

Vidya you bring up a great point. The Bhalla family is so scarred and bruised II has given them great joy so they have a valid reason to go over board. I didnt really think of  it at all. Thank you

Hershey: I dont think Ritu is pissed on behalf of KMPG she is upset with II because of her insubordination and choosing not to share the fact that she is unwell and hence will be missing. Unless she slipped into a coma I bet she could have texted or called. Very rarely these days people have their husbands or Dads call their boss

Orangen: ABSOLUTELY!! Fantastic points. Half my identity is my job. No I am not a CEO or a biz owner but it gives me immense satisfaction to be employed. Ive never done it (thankfully) for need
I was reading about Marissa Myer today she is pregnant with twins and how she plans to only take two weeks off after delivery. I thought "Gee!! Poor darling who will empty her diaper genie at home and disinfect the bottles and run to Costco for Enfamil"

And then realized this is a woman thats worth $250 million.  She revoked working from home privileges  when she took over the National Enquirer aka Yahoo.😡

Now by returning to work in three weeks she is trying to prove that "she is one of them"

Unfortunately for middle class working women like me nobody gives a f---. 😭 10 years from now, in the US there will be no paid maternity leave. A bunch of "wannabe men" CEOs like Marissa would have dug the grave on that
Also another proposal doing the rounds, capitalists/aka republicans want to get rid of the  paid maternity leave. 😡"Businesses are supposed to do what adds value to the bottom line"
Its the same group that thinks a three week old fetus is a BABY😡 and Planned Parenthood should be dismantled😡

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: swathi1990

no one is miffed harsh...intact it is only bally who has put 2 and 2 together...no one else knows that...Ranjan doing it for II and compensating for it for a personal reason blurs the conflict of interest line between the client and the vendor...

Lets take a different perspective ---- Ranjan stopped his out of station works...but tomo if ritu /bally wanted her to go somewhere else for a different client, Ranjan cant do anything illaya...

Absolutely  they are only acting as Bally, Bhallas (too many Bs) Bansal all understand the shrewd business tsar that Ranjan is he would definitely have his reasons. It is like castling in Chess...in a given scenario whatever will safeguard your game changer you try to safeguard. Ranjan will do anything for the comfort of his gudiya period...He is not insisting give the responsibility of the project and all 3...the dude, dad and II have been very respectful of not misusing power...if Ritu interprets it that way sorry the problem is hers...Bally understands II and definitely a democratic leadership would accept that...Ritu somehow comes across as petty...II is immature but is not doing things willfully to sabotage things which i cannot say of Ritu the way she calls and instructs and assigns tasks which without protest II complies to fulfil giving it her 100%.
harshita27 thumbnail
Originally posted by: moonwearer

Mr B is not doing the Bhallas a favour...infact the greatest benefit the bhallas have had is getting II into their lives...if  the deployment is delayed further it will affect their operations so KMPG has to regroup assess the situation. I think when such a situation is faced corporates do have a review of this sort.
Regarding the protocol to be followed...the euphoria, her physical state prevented II from intimating Ritu...I don't see anything wrong in the modus followed. I guess internal politics or protocols are in the feminine minds...the conversation between the bosses shows it is not a official communication but a clear indication of what is to come with even losses and who would cover being discussed. I would think RITU and II are over reacting and should go with the flow.

Ri2 being pissed off and II crying a river with all that darr at seeing a no subject email from Ri2 was over the top reactions! II should have known ki pregnancy news out hotey saath management would try and create a backup, a kind of contingency..so suddenly a so called indispensible person would be very diplomatically be sidetracked. I think I got to notice that in the very first year of my job, II has been workingthere for atleast 4-5 years so she should already be aware of it. And glad about it.. It afterall means less stress, less responsibility...anyway she doesnt like current job, she can ease into a relaxed job and eventually make a move when she thinks time is in her favor... Her personal life is of more importance per me.
I agree about the review part, but somehow I felt a resentment in Bally's email tone.. More like starting with negative tone about II's absence(not explicit) n then going on to talk about future plan and review of current status. He could have said II is sick, so she would be out, but he didnt.
Edited by harshita27 - 8 years ago
swathi1990 thumbnail
Originally posted by: moonwearer

Absolutely  they are only acting as Bally, Bhallas (too many Bs) Bansal all understand the shrewd business tsar that Ranjan is he would definitely have his reasons. It is like castling in Chess...in a given scenario whatever will safeguard your game changer you try to safeguard. Ranjan will do anything for the comfort of his gudiya period...He is not insisting give the responsibility of the project and all 3...the dude, dad and II have been very respectful of not misusing power...if Ritu interprets it that way sorry the problem is hers...Bally understands II and definitely a democratic leadership would accept that...Ritu somehow comes across as petty...II is immature but is not doing things willfully to sabotage things which i cannot say of Ritu the way she calls and instructs and assigns tasks which without protest II complies to fulfil giving it her 100%.

Sorry u have taken me wrong...I don't appreciate Ranjan's behavior...and I don't condemn ritu...Ritu is one of the person whose only thing is her career and ambitions...so she might be a pusher when it comes to work, tough as a boss...but that doesn't make her wrong/unprofessional...in fact if II hadn't eyed for the same position and if she was not married (without other priorities) II and ritu would have made a wonderful team...
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hersh

Email "tones" are very mysterious. 99% of the things we can "get away" with" in person in verbal communication, sound objectionable over email.

I am not mahaan, but when I try to word my emails I try to make it as non confrontational as possible

"I" as a detached observer did not see anything wrong with Bally's tone

But on the other hand, II's reaction seemed legitimate to me. She senses lrger trouble. Its not the email alone thats bothering her

When my Managers write emails to me with no subject like
NO greeting,
No pleasantries, it comes across as rude, abrupt and uncalled for.

No matter how grave an issue WE ALL HAVE TIME TO GREET
If we CHOOSE not greet, that can only mean ONE thing

We are PISSED

harshita27 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Wow

Vidya you bring up a great point. The Bhalla family is so scarred and bruised II has given them great joy so they have a valid reason to go over board. I didnt really think of  it at all. Thank you

Hershey: I dont think Ritu is pissed on behalf of KMPG she is upset with II because of her insubordination and choosing not to share the fact that she is unwell and hence will be missing. Unless she slipped into a coma I bet she could have texted or called. Very rarely these days people have their husbands or Dads call their boss

Orangen: ABSOLUTELY!! Fantastic points. Half my identity is my job. No I am not a CEO or a biz owner but it gives me immense satisfaction to be employed. Ive never done it (thankfully) for need
I was reading about Marissa Myer today she is pregnant with twins and how she plans to only take two weeks off after delivery. I thought "Gee!! Poor darling who will empty her diaper genie at home and disinfect the bottles and run to Costco for Enfamil"

And then realized this is a woman thats worth $250 million.  She revoked working from home privileges  when she took over the National Enquirer aka Yahoo.😡

Now by returning to work in three weeks she is trying to prove that "she is one of them"

Unfortunately for middle class working women like me nobody gives a f---. 😭 10 years from now, in the US there will be no paid maternity leave. A bunch of "wannabe men" CEOs like Marissa would have dug the grave on that
Also another proposal doing the rounds, capitalists/aka republicans want to get rid of the  paid maternity leave. 😡"Businesses are supposed to do what adds value to the bottom line"
Its the same group that thinks a three week old fetus is a BABY😡 and Planned Parenthood should be dismantled😡

Even though am surprised at this attitude about intimation of sick leave, but I'll leave it at that... Having worked in a bunch of firms n with atleast a dozen or more reporting managers I am yetto come across such a subordination lover, but to each their own.. Maybe I've had all good experience. ThankGod!
swathi1990 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Wow

Nish

why blame merissa ??? Her priorities are different...avlo than...everyone need not like the same thing illaya...
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Super Super discussions ladies..
O
How are you? So good to see you 😊
Envee
Hope you are in good shape or cold is still troubling?

Good morning/evening everyone...