Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS 29th August 2015  ep.18  My Take

For me , personally the episode stands out as a celebratory one for the resilience of a vulnerable group of women. it's all the more interesting to note that the women are symbols of a varied age range that spans across  from the elderly, to the middle aged, to  the under twenties. There is an amazing strength of character and determination and a defined sense of purpose that is cascaded from the older to the younger...

The opening scene touches upon the issue that all though the widows are crammed together under one roof. Each one of them carries within themselves some past wound that contributes to their present situations. But here in the refuge they draw solace by the fact that each one has some sad story to tell. Badi Ammaa too has a skeleton in her closet.. She seems to be a victim of those families who prefer to abandon such aging widows who enjoy longevity. Ones who  need continued care from their immediate or wider families. So eventually under the pretext of taking such ageing widows for pilgrimage to Banaras.. their families chose to leave them  behind, to  beg and fend for their survival. Many keep the grief of being abandoned by their families to themselves. Badi amma who leads the rest of the widows of the shelter, too grieves in private about her silent suffering.. But the trend of the shelter is, that no one suffers alone.. badi amma receives and accepts support from both Dulari and Dhani.. two different age groups.. both carry  within themselves the skills of offering comfort and consolation  when required ,to their unit.

Still their personal sorrow is not an obsession that renders them as depressed. Life's routine and requirements are followed. New challenges are taken up with keenness; including efforts  put in learning news ways.. Badi amma receives Dhani's feedback and then based on the information collected she  trains Dhani  to follow the next step in the procedure.. so where as Viplav will be trained by Ravi bajpai.. she trains Dhani.. a keen learner!  So keen is Dhani, that  her guru badi amma  willingly hands  over the responsibility of identifying and despatching the said documents to Dhani. Opportunities are given to trainees to develop their own personal skills  Like a good leader badi amma  suggests to  Dhani the inclusion of  sawarna who is literate  in the given task. We see  the promotion of team work, where ones strength is also used to fulfil a group task!  we see the widows moving with the times despite their obvious lack of knowledge . still the systematic thought pattern is seen to exist. This scene reminded me of an office like precision.. they certainly rise to have a go..  Dhani's keen relevant questions, prompt the skills of problem solving into action! and soon the slight glitch of EMAIL!  is solved but not without defining the next step which was  to use it effectively!  

While in another place Kanak literally sweet talks Dashrant like a slithering sly snake .. wrangles information out of him regarding his recent purchase the widows ashram.. Kanak is as twisted and coiled like the jalebi.. runs rings around him.. in her sweet affectionate manner she manages to twist her FIL's arm into suggesting a worthy hospital for her doctor son Vedan!  Dashrant is as devious and convoluted  in his plans.. and as such lauds Kanak for her brilliant idea of demolishing the white elephant ashram! into a up and running hospital that will serve the greater community on the outside! and quench the fire of his  vengeance  his nemesis .. the widows! ..this then is another partnership that supports ,strengthens and extend each other in immoral ways in a rounded up way.. as opposed to the straight and narrow path of the widows

Dhani shows the need for further clarification. Badi amma   prompts her to ring the lawyer.. who once again,  patiently clears the cobwebs  in her mind and points her in the right direction the internet cafe!  toward's fulfilling the task  that he needs to kick start his next step that, he will take for both of them! These short business like phone calls between them, client and lawyer.. bring them closer unknowingly , as they connect to solve a matter of mutual interest.. i.e ,the ashram, or themselves as two people who met and had severe run ins with each other

Field work.. by the young widows.. to complete the given task as a matter of urgency!

Safety in numbers! As the team of young widows bravely enter the world of cyber net! yes the switched off flat screen monitors stare them in the face! bravely and to the point Dhani  states the reason they were there.. Rajlaxmi challenges the  owner  about the price stated for the use of the facility.. life has taught her to haggle! she  hows they may be simple widows but not stupid.. he gives in.. and and the group tries to make sense of the computer and the monitor.. like thrown into the deep end of water..  Dhani does what a good pupil does.. ask for help! And then  help is given by the owner..a little knowledge is a dangerous  thing.. but sheer perseverance gets the job done! well nearly.. till their money doesn't buy them service too instead , their ignorance is scoffed at! Rajlaxmi gives the man a mouthful .. Sawarna tries to tackle the task.. except that they have an address but not an email id.. what complications! But I still give them credit for holding fort! Till they decide their next move..

the lawyer waits.. time is precious.. time is money!

The wicked Kanak gets her job done  easily.. while the righteous find stumbling blocks at every step! but they persist and stay together!

The team leave the cyber caf , the task incomplete. Outside it seems even the elements turn  against them to add to their misery.. Rajlaxmi suggests they return to the ashram.. the storm symbolises the arrival of the demon.. Dhani loses the paper with  email address..  Rajlaxmi's chilling words, hopes dashed and gone down the drain!  Even the heavens are laughing at us! Adversity pours down on the destitute!  Dashrant ..his car splashes muddy slush on the sari of the young widows.. Rajlaxmi again challenges unfairness.. Dashrant driver stops the car! gets a mouthful for disregard to pedestrians and driving recklessly ! This stop  gives the devil the chance to  see Dhani retrieve the scrap of muddy paper.. his sense of blood sport awakens and he decides to hound the girls..  they leave pulled by rajlaxmi but he finds the scrap of paper that Dhani looked at.. that Rajlaxmi threw in the sludge!. Dashrant picks up the clue and manages to find the word  g.mail dot com..and heads into the cyber caf.. will he find whose email id ..was on the tatty scrap..?

Viplav waits for his documents..while the team return home without getting the job done. the team has mixed feelings.. Dhani regrets.. swarna  still hopes.. and Rajlaxmi tells it as may be that the lawyer may be fobbing us off! by beating around the bush with loop holes of email, computer.. so time is wastes time!  he doesn't  really want to work for us.. so he's faffing us about.. Viplav phones vidhi to chase the documents..  it's the PCO... tells him straight ,he doesn't  know who phoned him.. so Viplav does want to fight the case.. but for who? cannot trace her.. he needs to prepare himself, to become familiar with the case..  but  she phoned from a PCO,, he begins to  get frustrated! complains about cases  fought in the air!  from the top of one's  head.. snag on both sides.. glitch in communication.. who will  maintain  connection.. ??.. Hamlet53 30. 8.15

overall..I liked the episode because of the teaching and learning that took place.. there is a clear feeling that an important task is tackled.. there are big gaps in learning.. but the drive to complete it is still there.. despite the existing short falls as shown in this episode.. let the task resume next week!

have a great weekend..love hammie

Precap!  Begins with an apology from Dhani.. and ends with a cuss! as Viplav loses his rag!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nileshni679 thumbnail
Hi Hammie your explanation is so thoroughly justified luved it
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nileshni679

Hi Hammie your explanation is so thoroughly justified luved it

hi nilesh..I  saw their attitudes towards this problem they face..thanks for reading and commenting.. and heyeee you first to comment!😛.. have a good weekend
love hammie
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hammie

Very nice take with the focus on team work, learning, and growing together. Your observations about how each woman at the ashram has a distinct personality is well taken. It is something I give the CVs credit for, and I hope that they maintain this nuanced storytelling as the narrative unfolds.

Your symbolism about the twisted jalebi being just like Kanak was enjoyable to read --sugar coated in her speech, twisted in intentions, and yes, I would like to add, overall bad for one's health.

Dasharath's car splashes sludge on the widows minding their own business. The symbolism is only too obvious --Dasharath's views of the widows being dirty, impure seductresses is given expression by the saris of the widows taking on Dashrath's curses and slander of their characters.

A clue is lost; a clue is found. Ironically, Dhani, who loses Vip's email address to the sludge is clueless about it all, while for Dasharath, sifts through the dirt, and finds a partial clue that makes him smug as a bug. The hunter is cornering its prey. However, for Dasharath little knowledge is a dangerous thing. What is of import is not gmail.com, but what comes before it. Dasharath's own grandson is going to be his nemesis.

Let's see what next week brings. Have a nice Sunday!

Edited by aimf - 8 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

Hammie
hi aimf..
Very nice take with the focus on team work, learning, and growing together. Your observations about how each woman at the ashram has a distinct personality is well taken. It is something I give the CVs credit for, and I hope that they maintain this nuanced storytelling as the narrative unfolds.
its daunting..the cyber world ,if one is unfamiliar with it.. they fumbled around but overall a mark for effort.. 
Your symbolism about the twisted jalebi being just like Kanak was enjoyable to read --sugar coated in her speech, twisted in intentions, and yes, I would like to add, overall bad for one's health.
i know.. waise i luv jalebi and ladoos!   warm jalebi freshly made
Dasharath's car splashes sludge on the widows minding their own business. The symbolism is only too obvious --Dasharath's views of the widows being dirty, impure seductresses is given expression by the saris of the widows taking on Dashrath's curses and slander of their characters.
yes dirty old geyser! loves eye candy..
A clue is lost; a clue is found. Ironically, Dhani, who loses Vip's email address to the sludge is cluess about it all, while for Dasharath, sifts through the dirt, and finds a partial clue that makes him smug as a bug. The hunter is cornering its prey. However, for Dasharath little knowledge is a dangerous thing. What is of import is not gmail.com, but what comes before it. Dasharath's own grandson is going to be his nemesis.
mind you i recall  he goes to the cafe.. ufff  hope that idiot doesn't remember vipttip
Let's see what next week brings. Have a nice Sunday!
thanks you amif  enjoy.. and see you monday.. love hammie

Guruvishva thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Nice take Hammie dear 😉
Keep Rocking 😛
The title you always choose itself says everything 😉
Waiting for you on Monday yaar 😉
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7
Nice post Hamie. 
I too liked this episode although it broke my heart to see Dhani's bad luck. 💔

At least episode was Tania free.😃
sunshine_sun thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
U r one of the gem in this forum !👏👏
Ur analysis as usual is very good😃
zeba_kausar thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful..i liked the epi too but there is a stupidity or what i dont know viplav told her about cyber cafe nd other details..but not that u too should have an e-mail id to send the docs...but its okey as it is a show...
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guruvishva

Nice take Hammie dear 😉
Keep Rocking 😛
The title you always choose itself says everything 😉
Waiting for you on Monday yaar 😉

hi  radnes,  thanks for and giving an encouraging comment as usual.. humm.. i reckon every one is  waiting for monday..
love hammie