Kunal Kapoor: Im meeting producers and directors with my scripts

ChotaBheem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Didnt know that Kunal is a script writer!!😲

Kunal Kapoor: I'm meeting producers and directors with my scripts

Kunal Kapoor talks about his new film Kaun Kitney Paani Mein, a decade in Bollywood and scriptwriting.

2  0
Written by Aashay Khandekar | New Delhi | Updated: August 26, 2015 7:59 am
Kunal Kapoor, kunal kapoor kaun kitne paani mein, kaun kitne paani mein, radhika apte, gulshan grover, saurabh shukla, Kunal Kapoor movies, Kunal Kapoor kaun kitne paani mein, entertainment news
AdTech Ad
Kunal Kapoor talks about his new film Kaun Kitney Paani Mein, a decade in Bollywood and scriptwriting.

He made his debut in the film industry as an assistant director in the 2001 film Aks. While he moved in front of the camera soon after in MF Husain's Meenaxi opposite Tabu in 2004, Kunal Kapoor's journey in Bollywood has been rather measured. "I can have four to five releases a year if I choose everything that comes my way. But I can't compromise on being excited about my projects. Slow and steady is good for me," he says, as he gets ready for his August 28 release, Kaun Kitney Paani Mein.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE
RELATED ARTICLE

Directed by Nila Madhab Panda, the film revolves around two villages divided on economic lines " there are the commoners and the landlords. When there is a drought in the region, the commoners are not hit so badly as they had better water planning, while the landlords are affected badly. "When he (Panda) narrated the story to me, I thought it was fictional. However, I came to know that it was based on a true incident that he had witnessed in his childhood," says Kapoor, who has made his mark in films such as Welcome to Sajjanpur (2008), Don 2 (2011) and Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana (2012). Last year, he signed up for Formula Three training at the racing track in Abu Dhabi.

While he is happy about working with actors such as Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan and Madhuri Dixit, he admits that filmdom has not been a cakewalk. "I think one thing that I handle remarkably well is frustration. I never allow myself to be depressed. I patiently wait for an opportunity," says the actor, who is also currently working on an untitled play based on Partition, scheduled to open in Mumbai in November. He has also turned scriptwriter, with one of his scripts set to go on the floors. "Writing is something that I have enjoyed since I was 14. I have a book full of ideas. I'm meeting producers and directors with my scripts now and they seem excited," says Kapoor.

- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/playing-new-roles-kunal-kapoor-on-kaun-kitney-paani-mein/#sthash.e4vOqK4t.dpuf

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I like him. If he really writes some good stories/scripts, I would love to watch them turn into movies. Hope he gets an opportunity as he wishes. 😳
ChotaBheem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Kaapi

I like him. If he really writes some good stories/scripts, I would love to watch them turn into movies. Hope he gets an opportunity as he wishes. 😳

yes he is a decent actor
His new movie is coming and pre release reviews are good though 
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I miss him so much. <3