I might act with Salman Khan someday, says Sharad Kelkar

Tasha1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Says Sharad Kelkar who returns to TV with Agent Raghav and essays Sanjeev Kumar's role in the upcoming Hero remake

Sharad Kelkar was last seen on TV hosting a crime show Shaitaan - The Criminal Mind. Two years later he is back with a series Agent Raghav that has him playing a stylish detective who solves crimes! The actor who impressed with his menacing act in 1920 - Evil Returns and his small but effective role as Deepika Padukone's brother in Goliyon Ki Raasleela - Ram Leelais reprising Sanjeev Kumar's role in the upcoming Hero. He will also be seen essaying Gopinath Munde in a Marathi biopic Sangharsh Yatra. Here the actor talks about his return to TV and his film outings.

You have moved from hosting a crime show to solving crimes as a detective in Agent Raghav...

Yes, I think it's the next step (smiles). Hosting is a completely different ball game. Acting is my primary profession. Also, since the last two years I wasn't hosting or acting in any show so when I got this interesting offer there was no way I would turn it down. If you have followed my career graph, you would have noticed that I never repeat myself. Raghav is an unique character - he has several layers to him. He doesn't go about solving crimes in the usual way with a gun. He is a stylish, intelligent and smart detective. The last time I saw someone like that was Karamchand and Byomkesh Bakshi.

What is unique about Raghav?
He believes in using his brains and not brawn. He has a backgroung of psychiatry, so can read minds as well as body language. He believes that rather than using the gun, there are other ways of getting the criminals to confess their crimes. He uses words more than action. He is not serious in his approach, he cracks jokes, is casual and confident.

Why did you stay away from soaps for so long?
Fortunately or unfortunately my film commitments were clashing with serials. Also, TV requires a lot of time and commitment. Besides, I wanted to do something different. I have already played the angry young man, an anti-hero and even mature roles. Agent Raghav is fresh. He is a charmer, smart and well read. I get to play a hero as well as a intelligent guy. Even the show in his name. What more does an actor need?

Tell me something about your upcoming films?
I am very excited that my show starts on September 4 and the following week Hero in which I have an important role releases. I am essaying the character Sanjeev Kumar had played in the original film. I had seen the film when I was a kid but after I was offered the role I did not watch it. Simply because I did not want to get influenced by Sanjeev sir. I can never do what he did, so I have done it in my style. Then there's a Marathi film, a biopic on Gopinath Munde Sanghursh Yatra that is releasing in November. When I was approached for the role, I never thought I have any resemblance to the political personality. But the director convinced me and when I saw myself in the mirror after donning his get-up I was surprised at the resemblance. I did a lot of homework about the leaders who were there at that time - the toughest part was speaking the fluent Marathi the way he spoke.

How did Hero happen?
Salman Khan had done a cameo in Riteish Deshmukh's and my film Lai Bhaari. He knows Marathi and was so fluent, it was a joy working with him. And now, I am doing a role in his film, someday I might act with him too!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bawaswift thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Thanks for sharing.. !
Swatishubh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail