Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Preet.Kc thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

the trees were always there, are the oldest of all of us, even the human being. We can say that they are one of the reasons of our birth, growth and survival. The trees around us are extremely important and have always been necessary for improving the human condition - both during its life and after harvest. It is not a stretch to believe that without trees we humans would not exist on this beautiful planet. In fact, some claim can be made that our mother's and father's ancestors climbed trees - another debate for another site.

trees have furnished us with two of life's essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter, medicine, and tools.

What Trees Do fo US:

Trees Produce Oxygen

Trees Clean the Soil

the absorption of dangerous chemicals and other pollutants that have entered the soil. Trees can either store harmful pollutants or actually change the pollutant into less harmful forms.

Trees Clean the Air

Trees help cleanse the air by intercepting airborne particles, reducing heat, and absorbing such pollutants as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen dioxide.

Trees Slow Storm Water Runoff

Flash flooding can be dramatically reduced by a forest or by trees.

Trees Are Carbon Sinks

To produce its food, a tree absorbs and locks away carbon dioxide in the wood, roots and leaves. Carbon dioxide is aglobal warming suspect. A forest is a carbon storage area or a "sink" that can lock up as much carbon as it produces. This locking-up process "stores" carbon as wood and not as an available "greenhouse" gas.

Trees Shade and Cool

Shade resulting in cooling is what a tree is best known for. Shade from trees reduces the need for air conditioning in summer. In winter, trees break the force of winter winds, lowering heating cost. Using trees in cities to deflect the sunlight reduces the heat island effect caused by pavement and commercial buildings.

Trees Act as Windbreaks

During windy and cold seasons, trees located on the windward side act as windbreaks. A windbreak can lower home heating bills up to 30% and have a significant effect on reducing snow drifts. 

Trees Fight Soil Erosion

Tree roots bind the soil and their leaves break the force of wind and rain on soil. Trees fight soil erosion, conserve rainwater and reduce water runoff and sediment deposit after storms.

Trees supporting wildlife.

Many animals, including elephants, koalas and giraffes eat leaves for nourishment. Flowers are eaten by monkeys, and nectar is a favorite of birds, bats and many insects. This means if there are no trees many animals would die.

Trees Control Noise Pollution

Trees muffle urban noise almost as effectively as stone walls. Trees, planted at strategic points in a neighborhood or around your house, can abate major noises from freeways and airports.

Last but not the least Trees are the source pleasant memories

Trees help record the history of your family as they grow and develop alongside you and your kids. We often make an emotional connection with trees we plant or become personally attached to the ones that we see every day.

What We do for them

We make money out of them

We cut them to make more space

We forget that without them there is no us.

What We should DO:

Take care of the trees that we already have

Plant more trees. If we cut one we should at least plant other two on its place, in a way to preserve the natural balance.

Preet.Kc thumbnail
Topic #1: The Basic Spiel
The existence of trees have helped create human life, development, and survival of the fittest. They have always inhabited the Earth, the oldest of all species including us. Trees have supplied us with two necessities: food and oxygen. As human life developed, these trees began to provide shelter, medicine, tools. etc. Us humans, owe our existence to trees and their nurturing abilities.
Preet.Kc thumbnail

If no one is gonna help. 

I'll back off, you decides to work like a team then i'm still in. 
Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Okhay Preet I will send something mayb a writeup, few quotes by afternoon nd few signatures by evening...
Preet.Kc thumbnail
@ sans thanks, but you are not the only member here. I admit that this game was supposed
To keep us busy for like 2 weeks and now it's more than a month, which doesnt go well with my priorities either, since i have signed up thinking that the first10 days fall in to my holidays and for the rest few days i can manage.

I know that paromita is making the VM and i cant ask more to her because i know that it is a time consuming task.

Avalanche has vilunteer on her own to help with the written ups, but now when there are just two days are left she is saying, sorry for my personal life's commitements i can't help more!!!

My reaction was really? And you are saying it now!!

Okay i am a streight foward person, i hate this thing of saying things that i dont think
So if you can take out time to update your stories or to take lesson on how to use PS
Then i'm not sorry if i dont excuse you or believe that you have busy life.
I too was used to write and i still make edits, you need a lot of time for the both of them.

I would have never said all this and would have managed on my own if all i got to know about this two days before, but even now only if i could't have to go for my personal matter out of home and came back late in the night.

If i was going to stay at home on saturday i would have done everythinf on my own without bothering anyone, but since my papa needs something done and since this office thanks to God decided to stay open even on saturday i need to go to get the things done.

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Its okay Preet I cn understand chill... IF can never be anyones first priority you r no exception...I ws having holidayday b4 yesterday anyways I will bunk a lecture today nd help u... Ny response frm other team mates?... If no chill we will manage how many words writeup we need? Are you done with the tags?
MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I m damn sorry Preet Di . Actually I had even found out the video of the movie you said and even a voice and song of a environment related drama . But when I tried to pm the member I could not πŸ˜• I was really sick πŸ€’ sorry for that . I will try send it to her . And any write up help you need I can help with that . 
We can keep some jokes and maybe something more . I m free for like whole three days so will try to give all of my time . Don worry you me and sans will make the thread and make it a success . 
Sanskruthi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Texie-Shady

I m damn sorry Preet Di . Actually I had even found out the video of the movie you said and even a voice and song of a environment related drama . But when I tried to pm the member I could not πŸ˜• I was really sick πŸ€’ sorry for that . I will try send it to her . And any write up help you need I can help with that . 

We can keep some jokes and maybe something more . I m free for like whole three days so will try to give all of my time . Don worry you me and sans will make the thread and make it a success . 

πŸ€— I am not attending school todayπŸ˜ƒ we can do it!😳 I will b only attending practicals fom 1 to 2:30 I have PMed you few things I wrote check plzπŸ˜›
Edited by .Sanskruti - 8 years ago
MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
We have all the informations. We can make the thread more interesting my adding songs lyrics or drama's scenes . 

teachers the politicians and the leaders
the ball breakers money takers
**the lying papers move to shake us**
the public school debaters
the trouble makers and the haters
the hypocrites and faith preachers
come on lawyers will destroy us 
when will you learn when willl you learn?
it's not all about the money you earn 
we're gonna lose if we don't choose

Plant trees or lose it all . 

Just take aim at climate change , 
Our final warning is global warning 
Nature's calling on you ...

This could be the introduction or the conclusion of the thread .,

Preet : Just I wonder how trees were few years back . 

Sam : Why were they blue in colour ? 

Sans : Shut up Sam ! she means how we there were trees everywhere and now ...

Preet : Can't believe that humans can be so selfish . They have cut all those tress jus for the sake of their own . 

Sans : If this carries on then one day we will forget what trees looked like and one day the earth will forget what the humans looked like . 

Sam : Let not jus sit here and wait for that to happen . Come on let us be the first one to take the step . Let's plant trees. 

Preet : But only we ? Alone ? 

Sans : So what Preet ? We will be able to do it ! Let's not care what the world says and does . One change can change a lot . 

*Jodi Tor Dak Soone Keu Na Asse 
Tobe Ekla Chalo re 
Ekla Chalo Ekla Chalo Ekla Chalore * 

[ If no one listens to your cry and comes, 
Then you march alone, 
Hey, Just Walk alone, walk alone, and you walk alone ] 

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Guys check ur PMπŸ˜›
@Anonymous_K couldn't PM u since u have blocked meπŸ˜•
Edited by .Sanskruti - 8 years ago