Pulkit Samrat: Happy to Find an Elder Brother in Riteish Deshmukh

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

"I consider myself lucky, as I got the opportunity to work with Riteish in Bangistan," said Pulkit Samrat

Bangistan actors Riteish Deshmukh and Pulkit Samrat had earlier claimed that there is no 'bromance' between them in the film, but in real life, they share a strong bond. Pulkit said that he is happy to find an elder brother in Riteish.

At an event, Pulkit said: "He has been a great support throughout the film. Before meeting him I was really nervous. He has a brilliant comic timing and sense of humour. I was not sure about how to start talking to him since he is senior. We had not met before."

They met for the first time in Hyderabad where Riteish and Salman Khan were shooting for the Marathi film Lai Bhaari. But both of them joked that their respective greetings were ignored by each other. The Fukrey actor said that Riteish had started pulling his leg since that very day.

On a serious note, Pulkit said: "I have learnt a lot from him over the course of the film. I consider myself lucky, as I got the opportunity to work with him at such an early stage of my career, especially in a film like Bangistan which is a satire."

"There is a certain kind of approach that he has towards his work and I've stolen minute aspects from that. I think that our relationship and bond goes beyond sets and I'm very happy to find an elder brother in him," he added.

Directed by Karan Anshuman, Bangistan which was mostly shot in Poland and Ladakh, narrates the story of two suicide bombers, Hafeez Bin Ali alias Ishwarchand Sharma (Riteish) and Allah Rakha Khan alias Praveen Chaturvedi (Pulkit), who have been brainwashed into an explosive mission but eventually realise that the death wish is a futile exercise.

The movie also features Jacqueline Fernandez and is slated to release on August 7

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
I wish the romantic film with yami released before this film⭐️
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Riteish is someone else's "elder" brother now? 🤣
It wasn't long ago that he was acting as a younger brother to every hero. Plus he still looks juvenile. 😆 
Terenaina thumbnail
I know so funny. Time changes. The people that used to be younger now the elder ones😆😆
Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Salman jeeja...Riteish elder brother... entire bollywood is his family.