priyachand thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Finally the long wait ends!!!!

After a long wait, Drashti's new show 'Ek tha Raja Ek tha Rani!!!!

i am a history buff, so when i heard this show is set in pre-independence era, i was excited!

The first episode was an interesting start!!!

The first impression of Ranaji!!!

Though i was not too enamoured by the army dress (felt more like sepoy!!!), i liked the way Siddharth showed his inner trauma!! Soldiers who fight in army come back with their own baggage. Siddharth showed that in his expressions! He sure is a good actor (this is the first time i am seeing him, few scenes of PKEK cannot be counted na!)

DD sure looked pretty though little rounded! but it suited the chr, so no issues!! liked her sassy chr! but not that much different in the way she spoke. may be commoners spoke like that. only royalty spoke more formal terms.

liked dd's chr shown as a girl interested inreading. but she seems to be half in love with her rana!! may be the attraction of young prince to a young girl is natural! all of us love our fairy tales!

i liked rajmatha, the way she accepted her companion's suggestion was commendable. but what mark was she hiding? i initially thought may be cruel husband, but looks like husband is dead. so what was that mark? can some one throw light on that!!!

i liked the cousin chr! he looks familiar, i dontknow where i have seen. slowly the chrs are getting revealed. we have a resentful rajkumar, and that uncle looks devious only!

so already one murder attempt. seeing the promo, i thought thanx to gayatri, rana will escape the bomb. but it doesnt look like that.

on the whole good start! i liked it! nothign too dramatic apart from bombing! whichis drama enough i think!

i am waitign for the story to unfold!

great start!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

utopia88 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome post! I agree with everything you said. It was a great first episode. The ETRETR team and Drashti+Sid did  a wonderful job. I liked how the cvs introduced each character. I'm looking forward to what comes next.  πŸ˜Š
leverne thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I hope we get to  learn more abt the independence  history in this show.. the entire package should appeal the audience rather than just the love story
Neeju thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: leverne

I hope we get to  learn more abt the independence  history in this show.. the entire package should appeal the audience rather than just the love story

agree...
pennu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I remember you making comments towards the end of Geet.. and in MB I dragged to make comments early but look at you Wow Chand you made a post from FIrst epi itself...πŸ˜† Kudos. for that...πŸ‘

Now coming to today's epi.. Me too loved the Army flash back... actually i loved the wayu they showed that war in B&W...  Siddaanth was Good and DD was looking soo pretty... as you mentioned may be those time people talked like this expect the royal families who highlighted their Pride in their talk... 

yes the starting epi was Good.. wasnt just a startup epi.. it really showed some drama also.. the car getting bombed making us curious to know who how wen and why...πŸ€“

About Rajmata.. i felt she was trying to hide her wrinkled neck like hiding age... was that something else too... DOnt know...πŸ˜•

Anyway really looking forward how they are gonna connect the story n Romance along witht he historical events... πŸ˜Š
 Am getting all excited...πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by pennu - 8 years ago
punam2712 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
great first entry of everyone
gayatri is chirpy and is in half love with her ranaji
ranaji has a past which tortures him

rajmata was not hiding any mark
she was trying to hide the wrinkles in her neck which show her age
BeautyForAshes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hellooo Hellooo dear Priii  β€οΈ ... lol its not like we are meeting after a long time πŸ˜‰ ... thank u for reminding me the profile nameπŸ˜†...totally lost in touch with the forum .. now back to the business... the show is Daebakk⭐️ !!!! 
i loveddd the Promos ...the Story really seems intriguing ... as a fellow viewer of ETR2... i too want the story to be solid with bits of everything and NOT JUST ROMANCE alone... if they proceed in such a manner am sure the show will sustain longπŸ‘πŸΌ ...

Now to the serial ... Raja's Intro :...  when Raja was shown walking with his army suits on...it was a bit off ..kind of not suiting him...but when they showed him recollecting the gun fires on the battle ground it was fantastic...nicely done there ...the emotions were definitely felt⭐️ ...so our handsome Raja has got problems that any WAR HERO would have ... i have already started liking him as Raja/War Hero😳... 

Raja's mom : it was nicely done...showing the characters in detail again ...as how u mentioned i liked the bit where she accepted the suggestion made by her worker ... i think the lady was worried about her skin sagging ?? i mean getting old kind of feeling-thing πŸ˜† not sure tho' ... 

Gayatri : our very dear D... she has put on weight .. but gorgeous as always😳 ... i too had the same feeling regarding her dialogue delivery ...  her intro shot was beautiful...she was glowing ... i liked they way they added the bits about Gayatri's opinion on Raja ... 

and then the library scene, where the two lil darlings were introduced was adorable..their acting as well...😳

and the overall look of the show is good...i want them to maintain it ...looking forward to the next episode ... πŸ˜Š

Good Luck to the Entire Team of ETR2 ...wishing them a super success !!! πŸ˜Š

Edited by BeautyForAshes - 8 years ago
DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Hi , great post.
I've watched more or less all of Sid's previous shows including PKYEK , but none of them on a regular basis, this one I've planned to watch from the very beginning. 
I loved his acting in the 1st episode. He's suffering from PTSD , but still so poised n graceful in the exterior.
DD is looking adorable n her character is really sweet n likable.
I'm already in love with the Prince , he reminds me of Fawad Khan's Prince Vikram.
1st episode was nice.
priyachand thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: punam2712

great first entry of everyone

gayatri is chirpy and is in half love with her ranaji
ranaji has a past which tortures him

rajmata was not hiding any mark
she was trying to hide the wrinkles in her neck which show her age

Wrinkles!!! she made a fuss for the wrinkles!! me and my wild imagination!!!

thank u for clarifying!! i created a cruel husband and abuse etc in those few seconds!!! i think i am watching too much of tv shows!
MADHUBALA-Ahan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Interesting review. πŸ˜Š
Nice episode too. Lovely start according to me. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Especially liked the part where DD explains that other kings send their soldiers to fight in the war but Rana went himself, which makes him different from other kings. πŸ˜³

And yes its just wrinkles that that rajmata is bothered about...nothing else! πŸ˜†