*~|| Signature Stories - Voting Round ||~*

Sukanya_Datta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Hello Friends

🤗

- Please vote for 2 Signatures, 2 OSs & 2 Signature+OS by specifying entry number and do not vote for  MORE or  LESS than two (6 in total) entries!! Votes will not be counted if members fail to follow this format:

- Exp: Signature - Entry #x, #y
OS - Entry #x, #y
Signature+OS - Entry #x, #y

- Please do NOT create multiple ID's to vote for your own entires or other people's entries and advertising through PMs is not allowed. All of this will lead to DISQUALIFICATION.

- Participants can vote other's entry but NOT for their OWN entries. 

-
Newbies Votes won't be counted for the results.

- Please contact me immediately if any entry is missing.

-The Voting line will be closed on 23rd July, 2015 at 11:59 IST.
Edited by Sukanya_Datta - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sukanya_Datta thumbnail
Entry 1:

The man walked towards the chambers of his beloved. It was by misfortune, that he coud not declare his beloved as his in front of anyone. The secret burned his heart from inside, but he let the burns be covered with her touch. Slowly he ran his fingers through the walls of the darkest corner of the palace. From his childhood, he was told that every corner of this golden palace was his and only his. But somehow the golden palace did not interest him at all. He was bored of the same designs and the same dark corridor. The only spark he found is the fresh new days which brought him new oportunities to go to her chambers again. It has been twelve long years they met secretly, somewhere somehow. Noor always did all the marital rituals in name of Bindusar, but he knew they were meant only for him. He would not mind spending his whole life in secrecy like this.

"Is Rani Noor inside?" he asked the soldier softly. "Yes. Welcome Rajkumar Justin." he said, and bowed like he expected. Justin entered the chambers of Noor. She sat there looking outside the window. He did not fail to notice her naughty smile. "So, how is Rani Noor?" Justin asked as he sat down beside her. "Like you have kept her." Noor smiled. "I am really worried about Siamak, Justin." she said. Justin's eyebrow rised a bit, only to understand Noor was talking about the truth which none knew till now. Not about their love, but about their son. "What if that Charumitra does something to him? I am scared. She and her evil powers!" Noor grabbed Justin's forearm. "Justin! I hate all this. For so many years we are together and we did not let anyone know. But now, I am tired. I want to be with you. Only with you. And not like this, normally." she said. A tear trickled down her eye but Justin put his finger and let the tear fall on his finger. "No Noor." he said, hugging her close. "Don't cry. I can't bare to see your tears like this." Justin said.

Sushim was very tired and disgusted after what happened with him in the Raj Ki Vidyalay. Siamak had performed better than him, and got praise from everyone. They even said he was quite capable of becoming the Samrat. He closed his eyes as he remembered everyone cheering for Siamak. That Ashoka.. he too was there, cheering and screaming for Siamak. They were such good friends after all. He knew the only way he could get peace was by going to his mother.  But he had to do something for his mother too. "Sushim, listen. When you come back, put this black powder in front of Noor's chambers. This will harm Noor more. And when that happens, Siamak will be worried. He won't be able to perform properly. You get me Sushim? Do not forget!" Charumitra had told Sushim. Sushim looked here and there, and did not see anyone. "Path clear!" he said. Imagining Siamak in tears, and Rani Noor, from whom he had faced numerous insults in front of Samrat Bindusar, he quickly took out the powder of black magic. He smirked in his mind. "This is the prize you get for demeaning me, my dear young brother!" he said. Fire burned in his eyes as he was about to open the pcket when suddenly he heard Noor's voice from the other side of the curtain covered door.

Slowy he put his ears on the door and listened. "Shhh.." he heard Noor say. "We can't do anything until that Bindusar is gone.." he heard a male voice. "Uh! Who is this?" Sushim asked himself. I know this man, but from Rani Noor's chambers? Something wrong is going on for sure. Sushim wondered. Without thinking much, he stepped inside the corridor of Rani Noor's chambers. Slowly he went nearer and nearer to her bedroom, and finally peeped inside the curtains. And what he saw, made him numb.

"After Samrat's death, I don't know what will happen to Siamak. What if Sushim becomes the Yuvraj? What will happen to Siamak! I want him to be Samrat. I never got any love from that Bindusar! And also, I want my son to know about his real father.." Noor said, as she hugged Justin. "How unfortunate I am.." she sighed. "Nope darling. Its not you. Its Bindusar's misfortune, its the misfortune of the Mauryans that they could not love you..." he said, and kissed her. Noor reciprocated the kiss, as she lay in her bed. Justin kissed cupped her face and kissed her on her forehead. "I promise you Noor, our son will get his due. I will give him all the love which Bindusar does not give him. Just like I gave you my everything.." Sushim looked away in disgust. So this was it! Siamak was Justin's son! He did not know how to react, to be shocked or stunned or happy! Wel, that means if the truth comes in front, then Siamak can no longer be his competitor! His way will be free! Free. Sushim could not believe his eyes! He was about to run to his Mother when he bumped into a vase. Wham! It made a noise. Noor and Justin moved away from each other. Looking at each other's faces, they ran towards the curtains. And just then, Sushim and Justin bumped into each other. "Sushim!!" Justin was shocked for a moment, and the next moment he freaked out. "Sushim! What are you doing here! Why have you come here without anyone's permission! And what the hell were you up to?" he said, shaking Sushim. Noor stood there, stunned fearing the worst kind of mistake. "I heard everything." Sushim declared, as he broke through Justin's grip. "What do you think Justin kaka? You will have all the fun without marriage, and still none will know? Ha! Your secret is mine now!" Sushim smirked, as he glanced nastily at Noor. "And anyways, nice lady you have. Wonder who else you share the same bed with?" he told Rani Noor, smirking. Rani Noor looked straight at Sushim, and within a moment slapped him tight across. "Stay within your limits, arrogant boy." she said. Raged and angry, Sushim turned around to hit Noor back, but Justin caught his arm. "Dare you Sushim. You spoiled brat I will.." "What will you?" Sushim broke in. "What the just and loyal Justin will do? After all this? Don't forget, I can reveal the truth anytime! Infact, I will." Sushim said. Justin looked at him not knowing what to say. Sushim broke into laughter. "Funny things you say to each other! So you teach such things to Siamak! No wonder!" Sushim said, turning to Noor. Noor looked back at him with rage, and coldly said, "You better shut your lips Sushim. Or else it won't be good." she hissed. "It won't be good? It wont be good? Well let me tell you Rani Noor, you are mistaken! It wont be good for Kaka Justin and you, if you don't declare Siamak out of the line to the throne!" Sushim replied back. There was silence for a moment. Justin and Noor both stared at the young prince, challenging them. "What do you mean Sushim.." Justin gritted his teeth in anger. "Aaah Justin kaka. Don't you teach us about patience? Patience. If you and your..err Rani Noor does not listen to me, then it will be too bad for Siamak and for both of you. As the punishment for this is one! Death!" Sushim hissed. The words echoed through the corridor leaving Justin and Noor in utter shock.

They looked at each other, thinking what to do. "Think..' Sushim said turning around. Pitaji Maharaj will never forgive you. "But son, you have no proof." Noor suddenly said, stopping Sushim. Sushim turned around glaring at the Queen. "Didn't your mother teach you that nothing is believable until you turn it into your favour? Samrat will just be angry at you for talking rubbish. Remember this Sushim, you will never be able to beat my son! Never." Justin felt relieved for a moment. Noor smirked at Sushim. "Go.." she said patting his shoulder. "Go." she repeated showing him her finger towards the door way. Sushim burned from inside, before leaving he said to Justin and Noor, "I wil see whether this secret is fire or ashes! I will not let peace be with you. Never!" he repeated as he stormed off leaving the corridor in silence.

Entry 2:

Subhadrangi looked out of the palace window and took the view of the entire city of Pataliputra. The sunshine washed the city of its darkness. Faraway, she could see the trees of the forest, as though calling to her. She was the first one from the royal palace to hear the song of a bird, which may perhaps have come to the palace since when. But none noticed it. She was the first one to allow rain to wash away the thirst of her hands than have rosewater do it. Othewise, the city of Pataliputra did not have time for such things. The regular busy lifestyle of the royal servants, the royal family and the hustle bustle of the town was enough to cover up any loneliness. Subhadrangi drew the curtains away, and stood there, feeling the breeze. The palace was limited for nature. Her broken cottage in the woods was a better place, she thought. It was only for a few seconds that she had forgotten all her troubles. Suddenly as she turned back, everything which happened a couple of weeks ago came running back in her mind.

She remembered how her son Ashok learned about his father, and how his aversion for a paternal figure came out. A tear escaped Subhadrangi's eyes as she remembered that bloody fight Ashoka had with his very own father's son, his brother Sushim. She remembered as everyone stood up against Ashok. Ashok fought against all the Queens and princes to give her a place in the palace. But she never wanted luxury! She only wanted her son to be happy, her husband to be happy. She wept as she remembered Ashok's words. They indicated clear hatred for his family and father. "I will earn back all my rights Maa. Samrat will pay for what he did to you. I will give him every ounce of pain he gave you. I will take back every tear you dropped." he had said in front of everyone. From then onwards, they lived in the palace, along with the roya family. Samrat Bindusar happily gave them space. But Ashok only lived to destroy now. Subhadrangi smelled blood instead of sunshine..

"Rani Subhadrangi!" the voice of one of the maids broke Subhadrangi's chain of thoughts. "Rani, its time for the palace discussions. You are welcome to come to the Queens Andarmahal. Maharani Charumitra, Rani Noor and Rani Subhrasi are there. Samrat has said you too should be there being a part of all activities." "Why create troubles with the other Queens..I am fine here.." Subhadrangi replied softly. "No Rani. Samrat said you have to be there.." the maid replied. "I will be there then. You go, I will come. And have you seen Ashok?" she asked. "No Rani. Rajkumar Ashok is not in palace since morning." Subhadrangi nodded her head tensedly as she heard the maid. Slowly she got up and stepped outside her chambers, towards the Andarmahal of Queens.

Slowly she stepped inside, removing the curtains she moved forward. But she saw no one there. None of the other Queens were there! Subhadrangi stood there, not knowing what to do when she heard someone clap from behind. "So Samrat's favourite Queen Dharma has already taken over the Queens andarmahal." Subhadrangi shook her head as she turned around. Rani Noor, displeased and irritated, stood there. "No. I did not mean to come until the maid said.." "Said what?" Charumitra said, as she stepped in with Rani Subhrasi. "That you are Maharani from now? Remember this, you can never take my place! The Queen status is mine." she said, as her cunning eyes narrowed. Noor smirked. "Every coin has two sides, Subhadrangi!" Noor added as she took round the room. "You have successfully brought Samrat to your side! But we have our part too! Your son will never get a place in Samrat's heart!" Noor declared. "Forgive me Maharani. I did not want to come here. But Samrat insisted I do.." she replied. The mention of Ashok wretched her heart. She had always wanted Ashok to be away from violence and jealousy. But she felt she had lost control. "That is because you have been successful in hypnotizing him!" Charumitra added, pointing a finger at Subhadrangi. "That is because your Ashok forced Samrat to do so!" she snapped. "Maharani!" Rani Subhrasi broke in the conversation. "We all know Rani Subhadrangi won't lie with Samrat's name. Maybe Samrat really wanted her presence here!" she said softly. "What he wants or not wants has no meaning for me anymore." Rani Noor said, gritting her teeth. Charumitra sat down in her usual Queen seat, and looked straight at Subhadrangi. "No matter how much Samrat loves you, or how much luxury you get, you will always be like any other dasi to me. Even dasis are Samrat's consort, are they not?" Charumitra smirked. Subhadrangi raised her eyes on this comment. She was flabborgasted for a moment, when she heard her son's voice from behind..."Stop this drama!"

Ashok entered the Queens andarmahal, his sword tied to his back. "Forgive me, Maharani and Rani Noor, but I can't believe that you call yourselves Queens." he said , as he stood in front of Subhadrangi. "Get out of here Ashok!" Charumitra said, showing him the door. "Why will I Maharani? This is my right too. Magadh and its Samrat has done enough harm to Maa and our lifestyle. There had been numerous nights where we did not eat anything! Never did anyone think of us! And now when we are back to get our rights back, I will not leave so easily."Ashok said, explaining with patience. He had the usual arrogance and anger in his face. "Ashok! Don't talk to your elders like this. Come let us go from here." Subhadrangi held Ashok's hand and tried to pull him out, but Ashoka left her hand. "No Maa! Enough is enough. I will not stop until I see due respect for you from the royal family." he said. "Our time of hiding, and keeping quiet has ended Ma." he added. "Why have you come here when you have no love for your own father and family? Only because of your greed for the throne. Mind you boy, you will never get the throne! Never!" Noor replied to Ashok with equal rage. "Only time will tell what I get and what not, Rani Noor. Time reveals all." Ashoka said, softly. To this, Noor did not know what to reply, she looked away and groaned. Charumitra stood up, raged from her seat. Slowly progressing towards Ashok, she said, "You don't eye the throne, which belongs only to my Sushim. You have tried to demean him in front of Samrat many times, but don't you dare to now. This palace is not yours." she replied, with her wicked smile. "I already said, I don't want anything other than my mother's due respect in my motherland. And as for Rajkumar Sushim, he himself with his deeds is enough to demean himself. I only go for what I think is right for me, and for everyone else." said the to-be emperor of Bharatvarsh, Ashoka. His words echoed through the roo, touching every corner. Through history, and through values, it was the sign of a good king. The busy city of Pataliputra had already witnessed the touch of perfection. It was only time which would have to do its work now. Ashoka took Subhadrangi's hand and put in on his head. "I swear, I will not let go of what I rightfully ours. My mother's. My motherland's. And for that, if I have any obstacles, I will deal with them." the young teen boy said. He joined his hands, and bowed to Charumitra, and then Noor and Subhrasi. Subhadrangi stood there, astonished. She had no words to say. She could not explain she wanted nothing but peace. She remembered Chanakya's words before his death, "Ashok, make your mother proud, but above all, make your motherland proud." The greatest teacher of all time had said. She had been a witness. She did not have any words in defence. She closed her eye, to let her tears escape, but they were wiped by two hands before they fell. "No more tears Maa." Ashok said. "Only fears, to those, who are the reason for your tears." the boy smiled. He left the room, leaving his words to echo in the palace, and in the minds of the people living there.

Entry 3:

The "Courageous" Son

"Maa!", opening the heavily crafted iron door with the little amount of energy that he had, Ashoka ran towards his mother.

"Ashok! What happened child?",Maharani Dharma, King Bidusar's most important wife was alerted all of a sudden with her son rushing into her arms with a crying face.

Cajoling her little son to raise his head, Maharani Dharma asked him again, "What happened little child? Please tell your Maa".

"That is the problem Maa..", raising his head from his mother's lap, Ashok continued, "I'm no longer a child. I am nine years old. But Radhagupt doesn't understand this. He called me a child again today".

Radhagupt, the chief councilor of the King, Chanakya's disciple, was five years older than Ashoka and always used to boast at that fact. Today also there was no exception, when Radhagupt had called him a child, the first place that Ashoka had chosen to find solace was his mother.

Maharani Dharma left a huge sigh as a smile broke on her lips, "So tell me what happened in detail".

With the encouragement from his mother, Ashok went on to describe the small fight that took place between him and Radhagupt earlier that day.

FLASHBACK...

Watching the little heir to the throne, who was trying to knock down the ripe mangoes from the royal mango orchard in vain, Radhagupt went towards him.

"I told you na Ashok, you are still a child. Give that Bow and arrow to me. I will pluck them for you".

"No, I'm not a child any more. And you wil surely get the punishment for calling the Yuvraaj a child", protested Ashok.

Thereafter dragging Radhagupt by his arm in spite of his shouts and protests, Ashok had managed to successfully lock him in one of the empty rooms of the palace, when he had come face to face with Chanakya. It was from the immense fear that Ashok had on this half bald person, that he ran to his mother.

FLASHBACK ENDS...

A loud gasp emerged from Maharani Dharma's mouth as soon as she heard of the new act of naughtiness that her son had committed.

"You shouldn't have done that Ashok. It's not good to lock someone in a room. You should apologize to him. Hope he hadn't told these already to Maharaj", Maharani Dharma warned her son while caressing his hair.

No sooner than Maharani of Magadh had uttered these words than she heard the footsteps coming towards her chamber. Soon she saw Maharaj Bindusar standing in front of her door.

However Ashok did not feel his father coming and thereby continued to chat with his mother.

Sensing Ashok was going to speak, Maharani put her finger on her lips indicating Maharaj to stay quiet for some time.

Nodding his head in agreement Maharaj Bindusar came within the hearing distance to hear his son speaking.

"I'm not afraid of anyone. Let him complain to Maharaj!", Ashok said with a straight face, though in his mind the fear of getting a good thrashing from Maharaj was lurking around.

Hearing his answer, both Maharani and Maharaj looked at each other while the Maharaj arched his brow upward as a smirk played hide and seek behind his moustache covered upper lip.

"Accha! So my big, brave son isn't afraid of his father?", enjoying playing along with her son Dharma asked.

"No. Not at all. To say the truth it is Maharaj who is afraid of me not the other way around", he decided to show his mother what a courageous son she had.

This time, Bindusar could no longer maintain a straight face as his lips broke out in a silent laughter. But as soon as the laughter had appeared, it died down as well in a short while.

Bringing himself closer to the mother-son duo, he cleared his throat.

Ashok heard a throat clearing and though his mind warned him that it was his father, but still his heart motioned him not to believe that.

"Maa. Don't make sound like Pitashri", he said with a shaky voice.

"Me! I'm not making any sound", Dharma feigned innocence, looking at the plight of her little one.

Hearing his mother's answer, he whirled around and got a shock seeing his father's calculative gaze roaming around his face.

The innocent child that he was, he failed to notice the laughing man behind the facade of the rough and angry king and got afraid sensing that his father had come to punish him.

Looking back at his mother he said, "Oh I forgot to inform Janaki maasi to change my bed cover today. I'm going to her now", and his last words were uttered outside the door as the "courageous son" had fled on seeing his father.

As soon as Ashok went out of sight, Maharani and Maharaj broke out in a hysterical laughter over the innocence of their little son.

Maharaj Bindusar took his place beside the chief queen and looking at her he said, "He's exactly like you. Full of innocence".

"No Maharaj. He's too much manipulative like his father", Maharani uttered before breaking out in a roaring laughter again as the king sat perplexed at the acts of the mother and son.

Sukanya_Datta thumbnail
Entry 4:

The Intricacies Of Politics

"Maa! Please don't go away! Please come back to me!", I was screaming while running behind the Maharani of Magadh. The distance between us seemed to be increasing with each step that she took away from me. I continued to run behind her and my screams only worsened as she continued to move away from me.

I continued running and screaming behind my mother as her figure became hazy in my eyes and her voice continued to reach my ears, "Don't run behind me. Look behind you. So many people are waiting you. Moreover you have to stay in Magadh and avenge my death". And with that she was gone...

I woke up with a start with sweat beads on my forehead. The same nightmare, it has become a routine for me since I have lost my mother, Maharani Dharma of Magadh. Looking around my room, I came to the reality slowly. This was not my bedroom in Pataliputra but the guest room of the royal palace of Prayag. Stretching my hand to get the earthen mug which had water, I grasped it hard and drank till the last drop of the colorless liquid was inside me. As my thirst was quenched, I made up my mind to talk with the King of Prayag, that the time of attacking Magadh was coming near. I had to remind him of the mission behind our attacking Magadh.

I thought of the time nine years ago when I had left Magadh. What was I to do if my own father did not believe me? I tried to reason with him so many times but it seemed that his eyes were closed in the love of his step-mother. In the process of making him understand, I had lost both my mother and father. I hate to call Rajmata as my grandmother. After all, how can a grandmother make her grandchild a orphan. In her dream to make her son Justin, the king of Magadh, she has robbed me of my mother. I heard her talking with her son about the poison that they gave my mother. I was so angry with them and when I confronted them about the matter, they threatened me to stay quiet. How could I do that! That's why I went to Maharaj Bindusar, my father, to reveal the culprits behind my mother's murder.

But I was so wrong to believe that he would believe me. He easily fell trap to his step-mother's emotional blackmailing and as a result left my mother's murder issues alone. I tried to extract the truth from the raj vaidhya but even she refused to accept the truth.

In front of the people of Magadh, my mother's death was due to ailment but I was the one to die every moment knowing the truth behind the false faade. I knew my father was only becoming more and more frustrated with my mood swings and my rant of my mother's murder, but still he did not trust me for once.. How could he not trust his own blood!

The last pin on the coffin was my father's second marriage with Rajkumari Charumitra of Chedi. Obviously the marriage was a result of the conspiracy of Justin and Rajmata. I tried to make my father understand about the consequences of his actions but he was not the one to trust me.

In one of my heated moments, I had uttered some words to the new Maharani of Magadh which I shouldn't have done, and the punishment that I got was exile from Magadh for my whole lifetime.

I still remember his last words to me, "I don't need a son like you. Maharani Charumitra will give Magadh it's heir. You will be leaving Magadh today only and never ever dare to set your foot on Magadh again".

I was so hurt that day. Suddenly he seemed to be the step-father to me, after all, how can someone's real father say this to his ten years old son!

The loud rumbling sound of thunderstorm outside the room took me out of my reverie. Having decided to talk again with the King of Prayag, I embraced the pillow again.

The loud noise of conches signaled the beginning of the war between Magadh and Prayag. And I felt like the most unlucky son of this world when I faced my motherland in the battlefield, but as an enemy. The look on the faces of the subjects of Magadh made me feel horrible. The subjects who once used to hail at my entry, now stood against me with their faces showing disgust. I learned from my fellow warrior that the King of Magadh was not to come to the war field today. He was ailing.

As the night descended on the battle ground, I felt homesick. My mother's voice came to me. She used to say that her dream was to see me fighting in the battle for Magadh. What an irony! Today when I was fighting, it was against Magadh.

An aide entered the camp announcing the visit of the Chief Councilor of Magadh, Chanakya.

I stood up to greet him. As I went to take his blessings, he stepped away, "I don't give blessings to those whose sole aim is to harm Magadh", was all he said.

"Guruji, I have never meant to harm Magadh", I said facing the other side.

"Then why is this sudden war?", he forced me to face him.

I was afraid to tell him the whole truth but still I went on and told him everything. As I looked at him after finishing the story, I found his eyes steeled.

"Don't worry son. I will surely make the Vaidya utter the truth. I will make sure Maharaj comes to know the entire truth this time. He has been in the dark for long", was all he said.

"Me too hope so..", I sighed hearing him.

The next day sunrise commenced the second day of the battle.

It was afternoon when the war was suddenly called off from Magadh. Though everyone was surprised at the latest developments, I was not. While everyone's mind was filled with numerous questions, my heart was filled with new hopes... hopes of returning to my motherland, of being accepted by my father again.

It was not long before my call came from the Royal palace of Pataliputra. Thanking the idol of Shivji, that I worshiped, I began my journey to the palace. I remembered the numerous times I had crossed the palace gate as a child. The whole palace was eerily silent. I wondered where Justin and Rajmata were. I didn't want to face them again. I was escorted by an aide to the King's bedroom. It was exactly same as I had seen it nine years ago. There my father was lying on the palatial bed with Chanakya seating beside him. As our eyes met, tears pricked behind my eyes. I lowered my eyes not able to look at his eyes. He looked like he had aged by fifty years. Hairs grey, body lean, the once strong hands laid lifeless by his sides, I couldn't remember the last time he had looked so helpless.

When he called me, I saw Chanakya leave his place, so that I could sit there.

As I sat there, I heard Chanakya say how the Vaidya accepted her crime of giving poison to my mother. I heard him say how my father was also given poison slowly for these nine years. I heard that my mother was killed to make place for the entry of Charumitra, who was assigned with the task of slowly poisoning my father.

I could hear no more as the tears fell from my eyes and I broke down on my father's chest. I found the solace, I was searching for the past nine years there. I felt him stiffening a little before his hands slowly came to rest on my head. I raised my head slightly to see his eyes spilling tears.

I embraced him again as Chanakya told me about the impending hanging of Justin, Rajmata and Charumitra with the sunrise of the next day.

"Son, after their hanging tomorrow, you will be declared as the King as I don't have any other child", my father said quietly.

I shook my head, "No. I will only sit on the throne when you will be standing beside me portraying the proud look in your eyes", I argued with him.

"I'm not going to live that long son", he sighed looking at the other side.

"Nothing is going to happen to you now that I'm here. I have lost my mother, but I'm not going to lose you", I promised embracing him tightly as tears continued to flow from both our eyes.

These tears are needed, I thought as I felt his hands hugging me, in a comforting manner and I heard his words, "I'm sorry my son".

Entry 5:

Lost and found

He looked towards the Peepul tree with the same longing in his eyes. He was leaving that place today.. the place where he grew up since a child. He tried to make his parents understand but they seemed to be extremely unreasonable for reasons unknown to him.

He turned back, making his mind not to look at the tree again, as it would only hurt him more. Being a lonely child that he was, he loved to spend his time alone, rather than being with others. And in that alone life of his, the Peepul had become a very important part. He used to share his every little joy, every sad experience and every tear with it. Thoughts of having to leave that tree made his heart painfully constrict again.

The tree also had another importance. It is below that tree only that he had met the Maharani of Magadh, Dharma.

It was a stormy day, when he had found a palanquin from the royal palace resting below that tree, while a broken branch of the tree had managed to crush one end of it.

On reaching near, he had found the Maharani laying there. Her unconscious figure lying there had managed to tug unknown strings in his little heart. He looked around to find no one there, the carriers must have fled sensing the storm approaching.

Thereby, running on his toes to fetch the required medical herbs to treat the queen's wounds, and treating her wounds, he had developed something special with her. Though he couldn't place what they shared, but he knew that it was another important bonding to him.

When the queen had opened her eyes, the first word that she had uttered was, "Ashok".

"I'm not Ashok. I'm Jaimal", he had introduced himself.

But he had soon understood that his words had fallen on deaf ears as she had crushed him in a fierce embrace calling him Ashok again and again.

He had heard that the Prince of the neighboring state Magadh, Ashok's name who was lost when he was just a month old.

He had understood that moment that the royal lady sitting in front of him was none other than the Royal Queen of Magadh.

After she had come back to the reality, the queen had told him how she was travelling to her father's place in Awadh, when the storm had come. Rest she didn't remember.

It was from that time, a beautiful relation had grown between the two. The relation was a strange one.. Neither was it a mother-son relationship, nor that of two friends. Whatever it was, they both knew that it was extremely important for both. A mother searching for her son had found solace in the little Jaimal and a little boy, a loner in the world's eye had found a friend in the royal lady.

Thereafter her visits to her parents home increased and whenever she came to Awadh, she used to visit Jaimal surely. The same was with jaimal. He used to wait for the queen's visit to Awadh.

This had continued for four long years. Strangely, though there was nothing to hide, but both of them had kept their meetings hidden from others around them.

It was just two days ago when jaimal's mother, Kanchi had found about the secret meeting, when she had seen them Jaimal sitting below the Peepul tree laughing on something that the Queen had uttered.

Kanchi was afraid when she had seen the Queen's eyes sparkling with unknown happiness and Jaimal basking in her unconditional love. She faced a hard truth; Jaimal was never like this with her.

Kanchi and her husband Manohar had found Jaimal lying by the riverside on a small vessel about twelve years ago. He was a small child of a month or two at that time. It was from that time Kanchi and Manohar had brought him up. They were always protective about him meeting other people and were always haunted by the fact that if ever his real parents met him...

Seeing the Queen's face and the relation between the two, Kanchi had come to understand, there was surely something more than that met the eye.

That day after Jaimal had returned home, he was subjected to endless questions from his parents, at the end of which he had poured his heart out. He had divulged to his parents, how he had met Dharma and how they used to meet every time she used to visit Awadh.

The next day he was given the news of their shifting to Ujjain. He had tried everything possible in him to stop his parents but they were not the ones to pay heed to his pleadings.

A long defeated sigh left his mouth as he pondered upon the thought that he would never be able to meet Dharma maa again.

The Queen of Magadh came below the Peepul tree to meet her best friend. But the loneliness she met there, did not seem to be normal to her.

"Why did not Jaimal come today?", she thought.

"What if something had happened to him..", as soon as the thought came, she snapped herself out of it! What was she thinking!

"May ne he's busy today.. I'll come tomorrow", she told herself.

The next day also was spent waiting for him. She had spent her whole stay in Awadh waiting for him.. But Jaimal did not come..

"Maharaj", she slowly called the King from behind, "Please search him. I can't live without him".

Maharani Dharma had returned Magadh sooner than she had to. In order to find for jaimal, she had divulged the whole story of meeting the boy to her husband, King Bindusar.

"You take rest. I'll appoint Amatya Chanakya to search for him", the King said while consoling the broken queen.

"Bring them to the court now", King Bindusar ordered his minister.

Within minutes, Jaimal, Kanchi and Manohar were presented in the court.

On questioning them again and again, at last they disclosed the reason behind their sudden shifting.

Jaimal was shocked would be an understatement.. he was shattered. The people whom he had known as his parents were not his real parents; this bitter truth stabbed his young heart.

"We found him on the river banks twelve years ago", Manohar said with his eyes lowered.

Bindusar was shocked to find that the boy standing in front of him was found twelve years ago, when his own son was lost.

He remembered how frantically he had searched for Ashok, but only to meet with dead ends every time.

"Maharaj", Chanakya barged in the King's chambers with his heart racing with the news he had suddenly received.

"The boy jaimal is our Ashok", he broke the news to a baffled Bindusar, "Our soldiers found Maharani's chain and pendant in their house while they were searching Manohar's home.

"Present them to the court now", Bindusar ordered before going to give the good news to the queen.

"Maharaj, not only we have found out that Jaimal is our Prince Ashok but also the culprit behind the incident", Chanakya announced in the court as everyone gasped out loudly.

"It was on the night after a month of the birth of the Prince. I had heard Rajmata and Prince Justin talking about the river. Though I didn't get anything at that time but after a week when the Prince went missing, I had my doubts on them. But due to less proofs, I didn't take up the matter to you. But after Jaimal is found, yester night, my disciple Radhagupt found this letter written by Rajmata to Prince Justin who is busy in war against Ujjain. I want you to read this", Chanakya declared as the whole court sat with their mouths gaping.

...The boy came to the palace today and Justin my heart says that this boy is Ashok.

As King Bindusar read the last line, his face went on to become more red.. red with pain of betrayal by the woman he considered his own mother, red with fury for the criminal who was now standing in front of him.

Thereafter jail till death was announced for Rajmata Helena and Prince Justin. Justin was ordered to be back from Ujjain.

Maharani Dharma didn't waste a second to take Ashok in her arms and Ashok went willingly to her extended arms. He cried his heart out along with the queen and was soon joined by the King himself.

As the family went busy in shedding happy tears in the four walls of their room, King wiped his tears, "I have ordered Manohar and Kanchi to stay in Magadh and they will be given all facilities from the Palace. Ashok, son, you can visit them whenever you wish."

Ashok grinned, "Ha. From now on I have two mothers, just like Kishenji had. Isn't it mother?"

Dharma went on to laugh hearing that, "Yes my son".

Entry 6:

Magadh Ka Mahayoddha

After a much needed hiatus, finally the day had arrived for which entire Magadh was waiting with baited breath. The day which would determine the ultimate victor of the Magadh mahayoddha competition.  Both the contenders for the coveted title - Prince Sushim and Ashok - were keen for the commencement of the deciding stage of the competition. An aura of restive energy and steely determination had been emanating from Ashok while that of sheer wiliness and iniquity had been emanating from Sushim. An ambience of expectation and anticipation began to build up around them as they awaited the commencement of the culminating part of the competition.

Laid in front of them an intricate maze, a labyrinth, which was the brain child of acharya Chanakya. The task assigned to the ultimate contenders, Ashok and Sushim, was to reach the other end of the maze. However, in accordance with acharya Chanakya's views, appearances, in most cases, are highly deceptive. Everything was not as they appeared.  

"You do know that all your efforts are futile and that I will win the sword at the end of the day, don't you?" Sushim drawled with a sly smirk.

"I do know one thing. The sword of a true patriot can only belong to another true patriot. Let's see who among us that will be." Ashok rejoined with a serenity he was far from experiencing.

Sushim glowered at Ashok, his eyes reflecting the malice in his heart but Ashok met his glower head on, his eyes reflecting steely grit.

However, before Sushim could come up with another snarky rejoinder, the announcer's booming voice alerted both Sushim and Ashok to their surroundings and they returned their attention to him. With the announcement of the commencement of the round, the announcer let the piece of crimson cloth fall from his grip.

Following the cue, both Ashok and Sushim dashed towards the maze like a pair of arrows shot out of a bow. However, Sushim was absolutely no match to Ashok's speed and within no time he began to lag behind. By the time Sushim entered the labyrinth Ashok was nowhere in sight.

Ashok came to an abrupt halt at a crossroad. Three identical paths led to three different directions. He frowned as he tried to determine which path could be the one leading out of the labyrinthine maze and which could lead him deeper into the confounding labyrinth. The paths in the left and right were paved broadways while the middle path was a narrow one carpeted with cobblestones and while the other two paths were flanked by smooth walls on either sides, those of the middle path had jagged edges.

Any other person would have preferred either of the roads which, by the look of them, promised a better experience and evade the middle one which displayed, in no uncertain terms, a difficult way ahead. However, Ashok was no other person. He was the student of one of the greatest and most gifted teacher of all time of the country. He recalled that on one occasion acharya Chanakya warned him that appearances can be deceptive and everything may not be as they appear. Acharya also told Ashok once that there was no shortcut to success and that destination lay at the end of the most toilsome and difficult path. With a deep inhalation of fresh air, Ashok fortified himself as his choice became crystal clear in his mind's eye. Wasting not a moment more in futile deliberation, he strode towards the middle path. However, in his haste, his arm brushed with one of the several jagged edges on the walls flanking the road which lacerated his skin, drawing blood. Ashok grimaced at the sudden pain. Though he instantly tore a piece of cloth from his attire and tied it securely around the wound, thus stopping the flow of blood, Ashok didn't notice the few drops that had already scattered on the ground. Ashok was not one to let a mere wound deflect him from his destination. He strode ahead through the path, albeit cautiously this time.

A while after Ashok had disappeared out of sight, Sushim skidded into a halt in front of the crossroad. The paved and less toilsome roads decided it for him and he was about to chose the one in his right when a glimpse of something crimson caught his eye. He walked towards it and on a closer inspection, realized it to be someone's blood. His sly mind instantly realized that it could only belong to Ashok as he was the only other person beside him in the maze and that it insinuated that Ashok had opted for the middle path. Hence, Sushim, too, took that path.

After he turned a corner, Ashok came within his range of vision. There was quite a distance separating him from Sushim. The disquieting realization that he could not hope to outmaneuver Ashok through fair play struck Sushim. Who cared for fair play anyway, thought Sushim, he had always displayed nepotism towards the idea of achieving his objective through any means, no matter how foul they were. With his signature sly smirk, he brought out some pebbles, hidden in the folds of his garments probably for a moment like the present one. He sprinted towards Ashok to reduce the distance between them to some extent and then did what he did best. He stooped and rolled the pebbles on the ground towards Ashok.

Oblivious of the booby-trap, Ashok accelerated his momentum. However, at that precise moment, he stepped over the pebbles, stumbled and was thrown on his back. Before he could wrap his head around the out of the blue fall, someone's footsteps grew louder. From his position on the ground, Ashok turned towards the sound and found Sushim gaining in on him. Soon Sushim skidded to a halt beside him and looked down at him with unadulterated scorn.

"Tch, tch! Poor trivial creature! Told you all your efforts will come to nothing. You cannot win against prince Sushim." Sushim jeered.

"Even you know, prince Sushim, that you were lagging behind until you resorted to your nefarious means."  Ashok gritted through clenched teeth.

"It doesn't really matter. At the end of the day everyone remembers the winner, not the means by which he won. Victory is all that matters. Get ready to congratulate me on my victory." Sushim retorted with a palpable smugness and resumed his sprint. 

"Never Sushim. I can't and won't let you win. Not today, not ever." Ashok vowed vehemently.

Disregarding the gashes on his arms and legs oozing blood, Ashok leapt on his feet with the agility of a wild cheetah and gritting his teeth against the pain, resumed his sprint.

Sushim skidded to a halt as he came across Subahu, who seemed to have materialized out of thin air.

"Sushim. My mother is in grave danger. Please help me to rescue her." Subahu entreated.

"Yeah, right! Why not? Now I'll go save your mother and let that Ashok win the competition. Do you take me for a fool Subahu?" Sushim scoffed "Victory is much more important to me than rescuing your mother. Go, save her yourself. Don't bother me." Shoving Subahu aside Sushim went on his way.

Within no time Ashok reached the spot and stopped on encountering Subahu.

"Ashok, please help me save my mother. She is in grave danger." Subahu entreated again.

Ashok glanced at Sushim who was getting farther away with each passing moment and then returned his gaze to the helpless boy whose heartfelt entreaty touched him.  He was aware of the excruciating agony of losing a loving mother and certainly did not wish such a misfortune to befall even a foe. He realized that he had two choices, either to pursue his dream or to save Subahu from experiencing the bereavement that he, himself, had had to endure and at that moment his choice was made. He could live with losing a competition but he could not live with the compunction of shoving one to endure the bereavement of losing a mother.

"Lead me to the place where your mother is. Don't worry together we will save him." Ashok promised.

With a grateful smile, Subahu beckoned Ashok to follow him. However, moments later, to his utter befuddlement, Ashok found himself at the other end of the maze and in front of emperor Bindusara, acharya chanakya and others. He glanced around but there was still no sign of Sushim.

"You must be thinking how suddenly you are standing at the other end of the maze. The real test was to see if you are compassionate enough to give priority to others over your own interests. As you have shown compassion you have won the competition. A great warrior should also possess compassion beside valor and patriotism. Valor without compassion becomes atrocious." Chanakya beamed.

A beaming Bindusara presented Chandragupta Maurya's sword to an overwhelmed Ashok who accepted the honor with inherent humility. Once again good triumphed over evil.

Sukanya_Datta thumbnail
Entry 7:

The End

It has been three days since she was said that she will be hanged if her father didn't come. Three days since her love, whom she considered her life, kept her a bottle of poison asking her to drink to prove her innocence. Is he the same person for whom she was ready to give her life? Is he the same person who came in search of her in spite of his mother calling him to run away from the burning palace? Does he really feel that I betrayed him?
Do you still doubt that Ahankara?' her inner soul mocked her. Yes, he believes her to be a betrayer, a raja drohi. After all the things he said to her, how someone can still doubt that?
Ahankara remembers what happened few days back.
Three days back, the soldiers entered her room announcing her that she will be hung in three days if her father didn't do athmasamarpan, also called as Suicide in royal style, as per the king BIndusar Samrat's order.
She pleaded them on how could she be the victim and how can the king himself do injustice to the innocent. None gave an ear to her pleads.
Now only hope left for her is him, her Sushim. May be he is angry at her from past few days but when his anger goes away he will never leave her. What did she get in return of her wait and trust on him?
He came announcing that she is also a betrayal. That was all enough to break her trust on him.
She felt disgusted on loving a person who doesn't believe his love. Is she really so bad that even her father left her to die for herself while he escaped? Her father...
How could she blame a third man when her own father made her life hell? No one wants her in their lives anymore. Be it her father or Sushim. What is the use of this life anymore?
She made a decision that she will die but she is not a coward to take her life.
She came out of her thoughts when the early morning sun rays falls on her.
In a dark passage, a boy wrapped in shawl was sitting with a lantern and the horse which rode him was tied a few meters away. He heard silence in the air. Silence which is dangerous enough to kill.
Apart from the distant howl of fox and his horse, he couldn't find any life surrounding him. Soon, he heard ruffling and crushing of leaves under foot as someone walked on them. As the sound increases, he realized the person is approaching him. He stood up to see the person's silhouette towering him as he stood at the entrance blocking the now rising sun rays from entering the passage.
Sushim...' he heard the person calling him. He took the lantern up from the wall where it hung and increased the flame in it.
Come Ashok, I was waiting for you.' Sushim replied while hanging the lantern back on the wall.
Both exchanged a friendly hug and sat down on nearby rocks.
Did you find him Ashok?' questioned Sushim after they settled.
Today is the D-day. Ahankara will be hung today. The court of King Bindusar is filled with people around the capital to witness the punishment.
Bring Ahankara here.' Bindusar ordered his soldiers. It was the first case in his court after the Shadayanthra played on the palace and the kingdom. As soon as everything came to normal, he went to forest with his brother Justin and Ashok to pray at the temple for thanking the almighty for getting them out of this cruel plan of the rival king.
Ahankara Samrat summoned you on the court.' She heard her Sushim, no he proved her to be not hers, call her. She turned around to face him. She was standing on the edge of balcony and decided to kill herself.
She tried not be a coward but when the D-day arrived she felt it is better to lose her life by herself instead of dying in the hands of those who hate her and see her as a culprit.
Sushim entered the room to find Ahankara coming from the balcony. Not having a way to escape she followed him before nodding her head.

The entire hall witnessed Ahankara coming inside and then the commoners started abusing her with words. Some cursed her, some yelled at her, some requested the king to give her a cruel punishment before she is dead, and so on.
Listening to their talks, all Ahankara could do was keep her head hung ashamed to look at anyone lest she couldn't bare the loath in them for her.
Soon they were standing before the King. Before someone starts speaking, Sushim spoke.
Sorry to interrupt. Can I have a chance to speak before we decide what should be done?'
Bindusar gave his permission.
Thank you. Before I start, I want you to meet someone.' He then, signaled Ashoka who nodded and left the place.
Sushim and Ahankara moved aside as Ashoka brought a figure fully dressed in gown along with him.
Samrat, this is the person who is responsible for all those things happened with this kingdom.' Ashoka removed the veil covering the person.
Shock would be an understatement for all those who are present in the hall to see that person whom Ashoka said is the culprit.
ASHOK...' Roared the king seeing his mother standing as a culprit.
Samrat, please control yourself. Let's hear what they have to say.' Chanakaya controlled Bindusar who was throwing draggers on Ashoka.
Ashoka thanking Chanakaya, goes on to narrate what happened a day back.
Ashoka was shocked to listen to the king's order on killing Ahankara because of her father being raja drohi's daughter. He promised Ahankara that he will prove her innocence.
He decided to find the real culprit, so he was on a hunt for the Ahankara's father. During his investigation, he realized that the rival king was brought into kingdom by Helena and her father. He started doubting their intentions and started following their activities.
A day back, he saw Justin going out and followed him. He started following him when he found Sushim doing the same as he does. Soon, he met Sushim who voiced the similar doubts on Helena, Justin just as Ashok himself.
Soon they came together. One for his love Ahankara and another to keep up his promise.
They found Justin talking to Ahankara's father. Ashoka and Sushim attacked them but Justin escaped the place and fled away.
After some time, Sushim took Ahankara's father with him and prisoned him in the dark passage. That was when Ashok came in.
Sushim...' he heard the person calling him. He took the lantern up from the wall where it hung and increased the flame in it.
Come Ashok, I was waiting for you.' Sushim replied while hanging the lantern back on the wall.
Both exchanged a friendly hug and sat down on nearby rocks.
Did you find him Ashok?' questioned Sushim after they settled.
Yes, I found Justin.' Said Ashoka.
From Justin and Ahankara's father, they came to know about the master mind behind this entire plan which is none other Helena.
After narrating the entire truth, Ashoka and Sushim even produced proofs which they got against Helena and her father.
Bindusar was shocked, felt betrayed. The person whom he kept so high in his life and loved more than his real mother cheated him. He gave the cruelest punishment to be known by mankind to Helena, Justin, Helena's father and Ahankara's father.
Noor was shocked when Samrat gave his verdict. She cannot tolerate her Priya saki Justin getting punished. Blinded by anger, she attacked Samrat but luckily was saved by Dharma.
Bindusar was happy to see Dharma alive. He always hoped that Dharma would be alive and his hope became true.
Bindusar punished noor along with others. Chanakya then revealed the promise he made to Chandragupta maurya, how he got Ashoka here and everything.
Ahankara was happy to know that Sushim never doubted her but was acting all along as to not make Helena suspect that he is aware of her truth. Soon, everything settled and King Bindusar announced Ashoka as next King. He along with Dharma and other two wives went to forest to lead normal life. Before going, he conducted the wedding of Sushim and Ahankara.

Entry 8:

YOU & ME

All he wanted was her. All she wanted was him. That was their love. But they knew they couldn't be together, how could they? He was a King, she was a mere Brahmin girl. Still every night when she looked at the skies trying to forget him all she was reminded of was of the way he looked at her. Every night he gazed at her life-size statue in his huge palace was the way she made him feel. They were irrevocably in love with each other, that was the bitter truth, but each living in their own misery.

She tried to forget him by immersing herself to look after their son, their symbol of love, by making him an able boy. He tried moving on by conquering different states. But every day , in those few moments of solitude that one gets the pain never left, it just intensified.

Then came the Ganga Pooja, she knew she would do it like she has been doing every year. He was determined that his gut feeling couldn't be wrong. And they met, one was startled, the other relieved. But well could the can of worms be far away? And it opened! He could she the hurt and accusation in her eyes. She could see the pain and confusion in his eyes. Had she misjudged him? Had he given up too easily?

And she did accuse him, of breaking his promise, for abandoning her, for trying to kill her and their child. He hid his pain and let her finish, he knew his love was strong enough to bear her burnt. All he said was one word. All she wanted to hear was that word. All he said was Forgive me'. All she did was that as she ran into his embrace.

Finally he was at peace. Finally she was where she belonged. Finally there love had won.

Entry 9:

https://i.imgur.com/C2fyJjU.png

The Intangible Truth

The gentle drops of rain cooly grazed her face as she looked up, beaming at the grey clouds adoring the sky. The fragrance of the clean rain mixed with her perfume of jasmine, mint, aquatic green accord, and cinnamon and she inhaled deeply.
"Dharma." The chillingly deep voice of a man came from behind her.
Dharma casually turned around and smirked.
"Mir Khorasan." She muttered.
"You have hid everywhere, but I have finally found you. Prepare to die at the hands of my sword!"
Dharma laughed and shook her head. "Mir Mir Mir. You don't understand yet, do you? I wasn't hiding, I was sparing your life. My principles are of non-violence but-"
"Bah, shut up." Mir interrupted, his face contorting in rage. "I don't care for your pathetic reasons and excuses." Saying so, he stepped forward and raised his hands.
======================================================
It was morning. The gentle breeze of the fresh forest atmosphere mixed with the sounds of the birds, bees, and critters. Dharma leaned against the wooden door frame and watched as two little puppies playfully fought over some food she had placed moments earlier. Smiling, she looked up at the sky and closed her eyes, soaking in the benevolent rays of the sun.
"Sevika!"
Dharma opened her eyes and looked in the direction of the voice. A small boy of about 6 or 7 years was running towards her excitedly. His earring rocked to and fro as he stopped every so often to jump over a tree root or over a hole in the ground.
Dharma smiled. "Drupad! What are you doing here? And where is Rani Subrasi?"
"Oh Maa will be in a few minutes. I rushed ahead to see you first!"
Dharma smiled and tousled his hair. "But Drupad," she said kneeling. "It isn't right to leave your mother alone. Who is going to protect her when you aren't there." Her eyes twinkled in joy.
Drupad's eyes got wide and he put his hands on his cheeks. "Sevika! You're right, I have to go and find Mata right now!" And he turned around, only to have his face buried in Subrasi's dress.
"Sevika." Subrasi said gently.
"Pranam Rani Subrasi." Dharma said happily. Subrasi was the only queen of Bindu that was nice to her, who understood her, and who was free of ego and pride. "May I ask what brings your presence to this humble home of mine?"
Subrasi smiled. "I just wanted to talk, that's all." She reached for Dharma's hands, and a worried expression appeared on her face. "No, I'm lying." she said, her eyes welling up with tears.
Dharma quickly placed one arm around Subrasi's shoulder and guided her towards her bed. "Rani, what's wrong?"
Subrasi wiped her tears. "Mir Khorasan wants to kill Drupad."
Dharma's eyebrows rose in confusion. "But Drupad isn't even a threat towards the title of samrat. The contenders right now are Sushim and Siamak, Khorasan doesn't need to worry about him." Her eyes drifted to Drupad, who now sat on the ground playing with the puppies.
Subrasi followed Dharma's gaze and said, "I tried to go to Samrat about this, but he told me the same thing." She paused and looked down.
"You're hiding something aren't you Rani Subrasi?"
Subrasi's eyes lifted slowly. "He thinks you're Dharma, and I'm hiding you."
Dharma's eyes widened, but realizing the folly of this, she quickly looked away.
"You are Dharma aren't you, Bindusar's second wife?" Subrasi whispered.
Dharma was in a dilemma. Subrasi's gentle mannerisms towards her, despite being a servant, was something she would always be in debt of, and repaying her kindness with a lie to protect Ashok. She closed her eyes, trying to reach some conclusion where neither she would feel guilty, nor Ashok would be in danger.
"It's okay if -"
"I am Dharma." she said, loud enough that even Drupad, who was laughing with the puppies, momentarily turned his head to see what the commotion was about.
Subrasi stared at Dharma before a wide smile appeared on her face. "Oh thank goodness. Rani Noor and Maharani Charumitra were driving me crazy with their cruel nature. Now I have someone that's sweet, gentle, and caring." She stopped, her smile turning into a frown once again. "Oh no. Why did you tell me that?" she cried. "Mir has put me into a predicament now! Either I lose you or I lose Drupad."
Dharma pulled Subrasi into a warm hug and gently stroked her long, black hair. "Calm down. It'll all be alright. You can turn me in." She paused and grinned. "Or ... you can tell Mir that I am down by the Manasa Ghat. Yes, tell Mir that."
Subrasi pulled away and looked into Dharma's deep, doe-like eyes. "Are you sure?"
Dharma smiled and caressed Subrasi's cheek. "Drupad is more important to me than my life itself. Of course I'm sure."
=======================================================
As Mir's hands approached Dharma, she snarled and jabbed him in the stomach. Unclenching her fists, she grabbed Mir's hands and put her weight on her feet. Lurching forward, she threw Mir over her head and slammed him onto the ground. "I was pregnant that time, you worthless scum. Otherwise your chapter would have been over that very day."
Mir rose up, his red face covered with the dirt of the earth. "I didn't expect this from you Dharma. The Samrat always praised your non-violent attitude." He laughed and drew his sword. "Your punches are strong, but how would you fare against a sword?"
He lurched forward and tried to stab Dharma, but the forest-raised goddess simply dig her heels into the ground and spun counter-clockwise. Mir narrowed his eyes and darted forward again, this time cutting the air diagonally. Dharma shook her head, dodged to the left, and launched her knee into Mir's gut. As Mir collapsed to the ground, a faint smile appeared on her face.
"You went too far by threatening Rani Subrasi and Drupad. It was fine when it was me and Ashok, but I will not let you hurt others for my sake."
"Ashok? That's Samrat Bindusar and your ..." Mir managed to groan.
Dharma tilted her head to the left and smiled. "Son. And the only reason you know this truth, is because you will die soon."
She walked over to a stone slab where the beautiful sword of Samrat Chandagupta rest.
"That is the sword of Chandagupta Maurya!" Mir exclaimed. He had now managed to stand on his feet. "A person who admires ahimsa as yourself ... turning to violence now." He smirked.
With her back still facing Mir, she snarled, "Just because I am named Dharma ... It doesn't mean I can't lift a sword." Grasping the hilt in her hand, she lifted the sword with ease.
Mir Khorasan, filled with the blood of the Persians, yelled out his war cry and with his sword raised high, he ordered the small group of soldiers he had brought with him to attack. Dharma grabbed a soldier by his throat and slammed him against a tree trunk, allowing the crimson red blood from his throat to sputter over her golden-hued hands. Breathing heavily, Dharma struck the ground with the sword and snatching a dagger from the belt of the soldier, she drew an X across the soldier's chest. And smashed the blade clean through the center of the cross. "Want more?" she declared.
The soldiers exchanged a look with each other and fled the scene leaving Mir Khorasan and Dharma standing.
With a scowl, Mir rushed forward with a downward stroke, but it was parried by Dharma, who then kicked Mir in the shin. Her face contorted and shaking in rage, Dharma, with a well aimed kick, spun and her foot connected with Mir's face. Leaping onto Mir, she placed one foot on the earth and other on Mir's chest. Crying out, "Jai Maa Durga!" she lifted the sword of the great Chakravartin Chandragupta Samrat and cut off the life force of Mir Khorasan. "Your reign of terror on Magadh's future ends here and now!" she cried.
Stepping off, she wiped the sword of Chandragupta with her clothes and returned it to its original position on the stone. This was a war long fought, and it had finally come to its end.
======================================================
Days later, Dharma sat by herself in a garden near Subrasi's palace. Her mind had been very much agitated by her violent actions and she took to meditating to calm and control her mind.
The soft tinkling of the anklets on Subrasi's feet as she approached broke Dharma's concentration and she stood to greet her.
"Pranam Rani Subrasi." she said politely.
"Please Rani Dharma -" But Subrasi was cut off.
"Sevika." She said happily, shaking her head. "This secret is between us too only. Let's keep it that way."
"But you took to violence for mine and Drupad's sake."
"Mir Khorasan was a devil that needed to be wiped out. I was just fulfilling my dharma."
guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
everyone's done a fantastic job, 👏 Crap, I hate when everyone does a great job. Makes voting that much more painful.

Siggy: #2, #4
Siggy + OS: #1, #3
Edited by shyam09 - 8 years ago
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
This is too tough . Everyone has done a fantastic job . Thanks a bunch for arranging this for our forum Sukanya . 

My votes below 

Signature - Entry #1, entry #9

Os - entry #6 , entry #2

Signature + Os - entry #9 , entry #2
Edited by VasusenaRadheya - 8 years ago
Bon_Vivant thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Signature - entry# 3 entry# 5
OS - entry #4 entry #5
Signature + OS - entry# 3 entry# 4Edited by LaZyLaDy - 8 years ago
DanmeiLover thumbnail