Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Harshita. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Okk this was the last...finally loging out..
Hsp.canada thumbnail

Gone to soon, by Michael Jackson

Like a comet
Blazing 'cross the evening sky
Gone too soon

Like a rainbow
Fading in the twinkling of an eye
Gone too soon

Shiny and sparkly
And splendidly bright
Here one day
Gone one night

Like the loss of sunlight
On a cloudy afternoon
Gone too soon

Like a castle
Built upon a sandy beach
Gone too soon

Like a perfect flower
That is just beyond your reach
Gone too soon

Born to amuse, to inspire, to delight
Here one day
Gone one night

Like a sunset
Dying with the rising of the moon
Gone too soon
Gone too soon

putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hello SoSYs..
Will just to read all the comments if the network supports me..
Came to know from my fellow Musketeers that it has been decided to name our couple's first daughter as Maanvi..
I am extremely happy with this decision.. This is the best tribute for our golden girl.. she is going to be with us in this never ending journey.. We need to wait 9 months to hug, kiss and adore her..But her rebirth journey will be very exciting.
I want our couple to enjoy each and every second of Nivi's birth journey.. Dude n II, she will be the best gift to you..
Daughter like her will be one in million..

Yesterday I had this thought in my mind but didn't had the courage to propose it..

Even though Ranjan n Savvy are fictional characters but they are very much real to us. We can wait for Jr Savvy...
Sorry Ranjan 😔, you need to wait for Savvy...

I am very thankful to my buddies for showing extreme courage in this difficult situation and holding everyone together..
Nouf, Nammu, Shilpa, SR, Ashu, Dristi, Vibhu, Envee, Pritee, Modernfamily, Sush, Choti, Vani, Sri, Jyo, Bro..
Asma
Shev Di, Anu, Swati, Div, Harshey..
All others with whom I don't interact much...
Sorry if I missed any names..

And last but not the least our life line NISHA...

Kudos to you guys...

Can't wait to hold Choti Niv in my hands...

.Harshita. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: putti77

Hello SoSYs..
Will just to read all the comments if the network supports me..
Came to know from my fellow Musketeers that it has been decided to name our couple's first daughter as Maanvi..
I am extremely happy with this decision.. This is the best tribute for our golden girl.. she is going to be with us in this never ending journey.. We need to wait 9 months to hug, kiss and adore her..But her rebirth journey will be very exciting.
I want our couple to enjoy each and every second of Nivi's birth journey.. Dude n II, she will be the best gift to you..
Daughter like her will be one in million..

Yesterday I had this thought in my mind but didn't had the courage to propose it..

Even though Ranjan n Savvy are fictional characters but they are very much real to us. We can wait for Jr Savvy...
Sorry Ranjan 😔, you need to wait for Savvy...

I am very thankful to my buddies for showing extreme courage in this difficult situation and holding everyone together..
Nouf, Nammu, Shilpa, SR, Ashu, Dristi, Vibhu, Envee, Pritee, Modernfamily, Sush, Choti, Vani, Sri, Jyo, Bro..
Asma
Shev Di, Anu, Swati, Div, Harshey..
All others with whom I don't interact much...
Sorry if I missed any names..

And last but not the least our life line NISHA...

Kudos to you guys...

Can't wait to hold Choti Niv in my hands...

Woww...r u serious??...that is such a thoughtful idea...perfect name...
She would be soo happy wherever she is...
Baby Nivi is gonna be soo much adored by all of us...
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Read most of the posts.

Hello everyone. Nisha you are such a darling - sensitive caring and so lovable.
Love to All you people on the thread.
Nouf, namu, ashu, vee, vani, Anu, diva, shilpa, shev, Hershey 1&2, EnVee and to all others I have missed 🤗.
O 🤗
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Hers has got to be the most horrific most untimely passing of all. I have not met a more positive, kind, cheerful person. When the politics on the page was putting me through the wringer, she always said "Nisha I just want to cheer you up, here is what I found for you on the web" A beautiful quote, a song, a poem... EVERY EVENING

Day after day poetry after poetry. Every evening between 6 and 7 PM Mountain I would be on a treadmill and would see the peacock leaf load when I hit refresh... it would be a nice juicy looong review in impeccable English

I remember innumerable things about her
How tough the last semester was, what she cooked for her in laws, and how she got her gora roomies to read this tale, how a new tennant moved into her parents basement.

Star student, gorgeous looking, such refined nature, so much maturity, so much kindness, so fun loving... taking things so easily in her stride
Never getting bogged down.

SO UTTERLY CARING... young girls put their parents through the blender when they get married, by being selfish and mean and greedy
Here she was, wanting a simple wedding but a traditional one.  
Staying up to talk to Sahil and not even being upset when he cut off after five minutes of Skype

I was hoping to tease the heck out of her after she returned from honeymoon
Her second last email to me was again  A POEM about how she scaled a mountain of food her Mom put in front of her, she joked about how cleaning her plate is such an achievement

Maybe the last meal she even ate at home?😭

All I need is... for someone to be kind to me and  and talk nicely, I can give them everything. Somehow she knew that early on... even if she hated some chapters, she always comes back with a rocking review

I look forward to seeing her every evening like she is my very own.

I am unable to talk about her in past tense... I wont... any time soon
I am not sure WHAT lesson I am expected to learn from this. I thought I was done learning😭

A daughter like Maanvi is born to one in a million parents. I wont say after penance or tapasya, coz I know all that is sheer BS if prayers work she would have been saved. She is a gem in every sense of the word

How she sat on the "sunny side" on the steps so Manit could sit in the shade while her parents commuted from work. How she loved to cook, the things that kept her up at night, her courage and conviction and maturity in being able to work with cancer patients for her Grad school thesis

One of the many days I teased the "dulhan" she told me... "I am so tired, my stomach muscles literally hurt Nisha... I cannot laugh anymore...

She had sent me her engagement picture, I went back to my PM and looked it up and saw what she would look like with laugh tears filling up her eyes, and her face flushed and breathless

I cannot imagine that fragile young kid suffer so much pain. She probably BELIEVED she was going to be cured, I dont know of a different Maanvi. Her last email said "Between the sounds of drip and the echoes of beeps from the various monitors hooked to me, I wrote this for you"

I have done NOTHING extraordinary in my life.  I didnt obtain two Masters at 24, I didnt write poetry,
Its just another immigrant's life... struggling to bridge gaps between India and here and hoping for a  routine life

I recognized a tremendous energy, zest for life and warmth in her. I DONT know why... I was able to see it in her.

I cannot explain it... I dont think I am good with words, ya those two words pretty much sum her up.

I responded to her engagement picture by saying

"Tumhe meri taraf se DHER saari badhai aur shubh kaamnayen,  sada khush raho, aur tumhe woh saari khushiyan miley jo tum deserve karti ho, aur Mummy Papa ko bhi shehnai ki dher saari badhai"

She said to me "Even in your thoughts  why do u sound so sincere Nisha?"

"I just see it in you, its like reflection in a pool" I told her

I am totally unprepared to handle this grief... I stayed up the first three nights in a row when I heard it. 
I had invested way more than just writing this story... its no longer about the story... it quit being about the story... 6 months ago

I am weak, insecure, and irrational, I have no courage to deal with pain. I will still hope to see her when I return home and go to the Y at 6.😭

nikitagarwal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Omg Vibhu! This is so so true! 🤗
NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks a ton for the pics choti 
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

II's first born shall be named Maanvi, and Sam will call her Nivi.

I am not wealthy, I have nothing to my name, except credit card bills and car loans...I cannot designate a research wing at NYU or dedicate a poetry library... the only way I can make her live on forever is to have her be here forever.

I am weak, powerless and little... life reminds me every now and then as if I forgot

No you are not weak, powerless and little...it only takes one small step to bring forth change...one little gesture to make someone feel special and all of us here especially you have demonstrated over and over again that not only good people exist they have immense power to change. But while on the one hand it's heartening to note that there is hope, what happened to NIVI and how has shaken my confidence in everything...I am beginning to question everything...something has shifted and it will take me a long time to figure out things...I am not making sense I know...BUT
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nivi lives on...thank you Nisha🤗