Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
I love the jhumkas with the morpankh in the bg!!! 
Beautiful!!! 
Divashni thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This ws her laptop bckgrnd...she luvd evrythng abt it. I caught hr starng @ it sevrl times...lost in her own thots.
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The feets with anklets and toe rings😊
Ashu25 thumbnail
Thanks for sharing it with us Div!!! 
Means a lot! 
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
u r a real diva...
this sharing means a lot for all of us...
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hers has got to be the most horrific most untimely passing of all. I have not met a more positive, kind, cheerful person. When the politics on the page was putting me through the wringer, she always said "Nisha I just want to cheer you up, here is what I found for you on the web" A beautiful quote, a song, a poem... EVERY EVENING

Day after day poetry after poetry. Every evening between 6 and 7 PM Mountain I would be on a treadmill and would see the peacock leaf load when I hit refresh... it would be a nice juicy looong review in impeccable English

I remember innumerable things about her
How tough the last semester was, what she cooked for her in laws, and how she got her gora roomies to read this tale, how a new tennant moved into her parents basement.

Star student, gorgeous looking, such refined nature, so much maturity, so much kindness, so fun loving... taking things so easily in her stride
Never getting bogged down.

SO UTTERLY CARING... young girls put their parents through the blender when they get married, by being selfish and mean and greedy
Here she was, wanting a simple wedding but a traditional one.  
Staying up to talk to Sahil and not even being upset when he cut off after five minutes of Skype

I was hoping to tease the heck out of her after she returned from honeymoon
Her second last email to me was again  A POEM about how she scaled a mountain of food her Mom put in front of her, she joked about how cleaning her plate is such an achievement

Maybe the last meal she even ate at home?😭

All I need is... for someone to be kind to me and  and talk nicely, I can give them everything. Somehow she knew that early on... even if she hated some chapters, she always comes back with a rocking review

I look forward to seeing her every evening like she is my very own.

I am unable to talk about her in past tense... I wont... any time soon
I am not sure WHAT lesson I am expected to learn from this. I thought I was done learning😭

A daughter like Maanvi is born to one in a million parents. I wont say after penance or tapasya, coz I know all that is sheer BS if prayers work she would have been saved. She is a gem in every sense of the word

How she sat on the "sunny side" on the steps so Manit could sit in the shade while her parents commuted from work. How she loved to cook, the things that kept her up at night, her courage and conviction and maturity in being able to work with cancer patients for her Grad school thesis

One of the many days I teased the "dulhan" she told me... "I am so tired, my stomach muscles literally hurt Nisha... I cannot laugh anymore...

She had sent me her engagement picture, I went back to my PM and looked it up and saw what she would look like with laugh tears filling up her eyes, and her face flushed and breathless

I cannot imagine that fragile young kid suffer so much pain. She probably BELIEVED she was going to be cured, I dont know of a different Maanvi. Her last email said "Between the sounds of drip and the echoes of beeps from the various monitors hooked to me, I wrote this for you"

I have done NOTHING extraordinary in my life.  I didnt obtain two Masters at 24, I didnt write poetry,
Its just another immigrant's life... struggling to bridge gaps between India and here and hoping for a  routine life

I recognized a tremendous energy, zest for life and warmth in her. I DONT know why... I was able to see it in her.

I cannot explain it... I dont think I am good with words, ya those two words pretty much sum her up.

I responded to her engagement picture by saying

"Tumhe meri taraf se DHER saari badhai aur shubh kaamnayen,  sada khush raho, aur tumhe woh saari khushiyan miley jo tum deserve karti ho, aur Mummy Papa ko bhi shehnai ki dher saari badhai"

She said to me "Even in your thoughts  why do u sound so sincere Nisha?"

"I just see it in you, its like reflection in a pool" I told her

I am totally unprepared to handle this grief... I stayed up the first three nights in a row when I heard it. 
I had invested way more than just writing this story... its no longer about the story... it quit being about the story... 6 months ago

I am weak, insecure, and irrational, I have no courage to deal with pain. I will still hope to see her when I return home and go to the Y at 6.😭

Ashu25 thumbnail
Thanks for venting it all out Nisha! 
Much needed! 
NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nisha will u please let me take your hand and hold it  tight?Edited by NSB7 - 8 years ago
Ashu25 thumbnail
I have learnt to pick myself up... Compose my form and move ahead
Its not easy... Some day I know I will fall down to the Earth... Crashing! 
Till then I am pretending to be strong. 

I am just worried. 

I am only cursing my fate that I couldnt reach out to her the last one week... I am a fool. I should have seen what I am typing and to whom. 

Did she remember me?? Again?? Is all I can think of at the moment!! 
_barbie_ thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This has to be the most terrible thing I have ever experienced I guess.. I have observed her a lot, connected with her on many common things, relished her words, enjoyed all ur teasing her..but regret not interacting with her😭
For a person, I haven't even seen, not interacted I stayed up all night yesterday..My thoughts were only around her..Believe me, I never thought a virtual friendship could affect me so much!! This only shows how much she is being loved..

Lets cherish each one here..keep it rocking as always..I really feel proud knowing this virtual family..u ppl are in my thoughts and prayers always..