Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: VeeIyer

Outstanding SV...am reading tamizh after years and years...do you write stories too ?

Let me so some story telling.

A dashing Iyer Engineery went to an English company to work in the 50s...he went on to become its General Manager and served in its UK returned to India asked his younger brother to get married children came by and later spoke of his desire to marry a colleague. His widowed mom agree to his marrying the Anglo Indian colleague. This wedding changed the life of a certain Srividya who was a 3 year old. The dashing Iyer boy was my Periappa. This wedding paved way for my entry into a school for Anglo Indians run by European nuns. I still speak only in English to my Appa and Athais. I ended up speaking English with ease using a dictionary for reference at  age 7 and reciting wordsworth singing in choirs watching Mary Poppins Chitty Chitty Bang Bang et al...When i started learning Tamizh it was taught in English...the Tam bram Tamizh at home didn't help either.
My younger brother(by 3 years) would coach me in Tamizh.
My friends in girl guides and guys i met on treks were from different parts of india . I remember becoming a laughing stock on a trek when as a 12 year old i walked up to a guy with a lantern and asked him ' Anaika theriyuma? i meant turn off the lantern...it took some explanation from some of the adults to help me understand that the word had another meaning. This experience got me determined to read tamizhbegan reading all tamizh mags...till date end up reading tamizh papers used to tie pottlamsand improve my reading and writing though i would;t dare to speak.
At college i went on to study literature when one of my Maharashtrian professors heard me speak Tamizh she called me aside and asked Onga Ammavum Anglo Indiana?
She said En Chattakari madri Tamizh pesara?
My brother is married to a Punjabi...hearing her speak my Mamiyar said Onnavida avale Namba Tamizh nanna pesara...

I joined this school i now head as an English teacher was involved in Creating the readers for English with my boss. Her Tamizh was on par with mine...We then set off to create Tamizh texts and when i was asked to be part of it my family and i thought it was a joke. I worked with a colleague who had sons my age and who was fluent in both Tamizh and English . She and her husband whom i call Appa got me to love tamil.
I went on to edit a course book in Organic Farming(in Tamizh) Whenever i conduct writing workshops for teachers or kids i choose to write in Tamizh to experience the same hardship...
Today i read, speak, write Tamizh with ease...though i use a transliteration software or when i write the script is English which my colleagues understand.
Like II i can talk non stop and my interests are varied so i see a lot of similarities...

See how a simple question set me off๐Ÿ˜Š
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: NSB7

Good morning meri Priya Janata

She Anu vaani thanks for the love...il post the stuff for u guys for sure

Diva I am glad the index is helping u catchup... No need of thakyou I feel amazing to be able to do something for all u ppl at SoSy

Hello everybody
Putti nouf...u two dint choose the name yet! Plz do

Hey Nammu...
Is it again a busy day?
I will be in meeting from 12:30 to 4:30..
Noufi do you have classes today..choose good name na...

NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I'm left all surprised at the wit that the update manages to bring along in most if the posts nisha
A smart lady we have here
The humour and that to the smart kind is worth a huge applause 
There are many situations in between the posts I am into splits laughing while rollong all over the floor

And the highlights of the two updates for me are
1 he was home and now I am part!! 
NIV I loved what u said about home is where he is...and nisha I am glad II even through her worry and unsurity of dude being with her forever calls him home and believes it to her heart beat 

2 the concern for the hurt hand and forehead that II held throughout the two updates! I would love it if u write a sentence where she kisses his forehead where he is hurt!!

3the tattoo the romance the surprise dude felt when he knew she did this in a spur of a moment 

4 the most important...how II just flew to dude like everything she withheld after he left breaking like a dam forced by heavy stream and flooding the city...I'm super glad she did that 
It's a great step in o show how she is...ignore until angry and once the anger vanishes run to where ever he is to embrace him with widely open arms 

Loved the two updates
Much delayed post but I had to say It!!!

NSB7 thumbnail
Originally posted by: putti77

Hey Nammu...
Is it again a busy day?
I will be in meeting from 12:30 to 4:30..
Noufi do you have classes today..choose good name na...

yeah Putti 
Packed for the weekend 
Il be designing the project talking to the vendors and getting everything sorted for implementation... So all that might need me to travel to Hyderabad
Not sure yet... If my ppl there canamage it without me then I will just be on Skype or phone

VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Like II i can talk non stop and my interests are varied so i see a lot of similarities...
See how a simple question set me off๐Ÿ˜Š

SV...so accomplished and a pleasure to know you !!
loved the 'yen chattakari mathiri tamizh pesare " ๐Ÿ˜†

I dont get to speak tamizh much at all...except my parents...and a manglorean friend who practises her  kocchai tamizh on me...
hence am loving your poems and remembering chennai weekends when at school reading
Ponniyin chelvan, parthipan kanavu and all the tamizh weeklies 

harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

I hope so too!

I am sure she will pounce, should RnB commits a blunder๐Ÿ˜†

Hi everyone!
Sorry for not saying hi earlier this evening.
Havent kept up with updates... So not sure what the Ulti-Khopdi(R&B) n the Doodh-Mangogey-Kheer-Denge(II) have been upto.. Dude gaya kya Paris?
harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am soo greatful for that boring Feb evening when I chanced upon this story.. It has brought me soo many friends who I dont even know by face.. Just by usernames mostly, but the well meaning prayers n blessings that you good people have been sending my way in PMs.. Its humbling n heart touching! Pray none of you ever face any difficult times, n hoping I send you PMs for only your happy occassions!
Thank you everyone!
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: harshita27

Hi everyone!
Havent kept up with updates... So not sure what the Ulti-Khopdi(R&B) n the Doodh-Mangogey-Kheer-Denge(II) have been upto.. Dude gaya kya Paris?

Harshey good to see you.. Trust everything is fine...
You read updates. Maza aayega..
NSB7 thumbnail
Ashu 
Il do the updates of the songs that are part of the story on Sunday
Il need to check on all the chapters and find them...so on Sunday pukka
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: harshita27

Hi everyone!

@ bold...Just loved your interpretation ...specially II ๐Ÿ‘
and welcome back Hershey !!  tough times test the mettle in tough people !!