TOI:Nikita Dutta continues shooting despite injuring her feet

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
There is no doubt Nikita Dutta who plays Lakshmi in the show, Dream Girl is an impressive performer, but she is also committed and thorough professional who believes in giving her best and she proved her mettle at a recent shoot . 

Well the actress who had to do a dance sequence injured her feet while shooting but as she believes that the show must go on she continued to shoot despite being in pain. The sequence was not an ordinary Bollywood dance but it was an extremely complex kathak performance.

Nikita Dutta who has never learned Kathak before worked with a professional kathak dancer who was hired to train her. Nikita picked up the steps in as short a time as an hour. The toughest part of the shoot was Nikita had to perform on the terrace barefoot in the blazing sun and she developed blisters on her feet due to the scorching heat. 

A visibly pained Nikita says, "I always wanted to do a dance sequence and even though I was hurt I was not going to miss this opportunity. Now I am planning to join weekly Kathak classes as the mudras and postures fascinates me. 

The next day Nikita arrived for her shoot at the given time which left the cast and crew completely surprises as they were expecting her to take some time to recuperate. But Nikita who is known for her punctuality came to set ready to take on the day with full gusto.
Hiren Kotwani,TNN | Jun 12, 2015, 02.21 PM IST

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

misssweet thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
She is always superb... 👏 👍🏼