Kaya FF || Glad You Came

supriya.ipkknd thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Glad you Came

Ananya Kashyap stepped out of her car into the cold, sleeting rain that fell impartially on the wet, dark, deserted street and on the tiny abandoned houses huddled up together nearby. Her heels made a constant click sound as she walked, half-ran, towards her destination, battling the hostile wind, blowing her hair about. She wore a bright red jacket, boots and had her i-card swung around her neck which read "Ananya Kashyap, Chief Editor, Khaas Khabar Network". She was in her late-twenties, blessed with a beautiful, intelligent face, luscious lips and sparkling eyes that could change from light brown to deep black in moments. 
Right from the moment Ananya forayed into the field of journalism, she fell in love with it. She loved the adrenaline rush she got every time she did a new story or uncovered a deeper truth. She loved discovering new lives and changing them for the better. It was her drug. At her age, she had all the fame and success she never imagined she could have. She had covered terrorist attacks, hostage situations and what not during her stint as a reporter that made the country admire her, that made her an idol for young aspiring journalists planning to make it big in the field. 

Her team loved her. Her boss applauded her. She was half the reason why KKN was the Number one channel.

And what did she get in return
'An opportunity to meet her least favourite person in the world', she thought sulkily, showing her i-card to the guard who nodded at her and let her in. 

She was standing in front of a stunning house, no less than a mansion, made of exquisite white marble having artistic textures giving it an aesthetic feel. Blazing neon lights lit up the huge lawn in front of it beside which she walked, her mouth half-open in wonderment.  A couple dozen feet away, she could see a fleet of splendid cars parked neatly, each outshining the other. Stopping in front of the massive door, she hesitated before ringing the bell. She let out a huge sigh as she glanced at the nameplate that read 'KS'. 
She was going to meet THE KABIR SHARMA today. 
Kabir Sharma was one of the most established actors in the decade. He had won the hearts of millions with his charming, effervescent smile in a short period of time. Being the son of a celebrated film director Arun Sharma, Ananya believed that he paved his way into the entertainment industry quite easily unlike people like her who had to go through so many trials and tribulations in order to get the success that he received on a silver platter. She would have had no qualms taking his interview had it not been the fateful day -13th February 2013, the day this man ridiculed her in front of everyone. She hated him as much as the country loved him. And now she was stuck here, admiring his mansion and having to feign exhilaration to satisfy his ego.

The door opened with a slight click and a bald, smart man in his early thirties greeted her and walked her inside. She was ushered into a large living room with a giant set of sofa, large square casement windows coupled with beautiful solid white oak floors, creating a warm, congenial and snug atmosphere. She sat on the comfortable sofa and was asked to wait for Mr. Kabir Sharma. All she did while biding her time was praying that he did not remember her or the incident that happened last year. 

'Ofcourse! He wouldn't right? He is a busy man. He sees hundreds of people every day. Why would he remember me?', she thought to herself,' It was just a silly incident for him, nothing consequential. Yes, no need to be embarrassed. Yes Ananya. Just act unfazed. He won't remember you. What did mom used to say? Yes. Anulom Vilom is good to calm your nerves.  Breathe in... Breathe out... Breathe in... Breath out... Breathe in...'

"Uhh.. Miss Kashyap, what are you doing?"

Startled, she opened her eyes to see Mr Kabir Sharma dressed in a plain white t-shirt along with a simple pair of black jeans staring back at her with an incredulous expression on his face. Realizing how ludicrous she might be looking with air puffed up in her chest, her mouth filled like a balloon, she quickly let out her breath, all flustered. 

"Umm... Nothing. I... Are you ready for the interview Mr Sharma?", she asked in a sugar coated tone to hide her embarrassment. 
"Please call me Kabir", he insisted as he sat down in front of her. "Drinks?", he asked. 
She quickly shook her head in a no. Yes. I would like a ton of vodka please.

"Okay. Nothing to drink then. So go ahead Ms Kashyap".
"Ya.. So... Umm...", she fumbled with her words to form a coherent sentence, as she searched blindly for her recorder in her bag.

Oh god! Why is he so attractive? And why is he staring at me? Don't stare at me you idiot. You are making me nervous. Look down. NOOO. Not that DOWN. GREAT! HE IS STARING AT MY BOOBS NOW. I AM GOING TO KILL HIM TODAY. DON'T LOOK THERE YOU bas***d. Look Up. LOOK UP. Okay. So this man is dead today. Great. He is still staring! Okay. Now that's ENOUGH.

"Sir, my face is twelve inches above the place you are staring at", Ananya said in the calmest tone she could possibly manage. 

"Huh? Ya.. I wasn't ... umm.. "

"You are doing it again"

"No. I wasn't..Umm.. .. Please start the interview", he said quickly, unsettled. Please.

Ananya shook her head in exasperation and started the recorded. 
"So Mr Sharma-"
"It's Kabir".
"Mr. Sharma is fine"
"Mr. Sharma is what people call my father", he said in a weary manner. 
"Kabir then. So Mr. Kabir-"
"Just Kabir"
"Mr Just Kabir-"
"Are you trying to be funny?"
"Are you trying to pretend that you weren't staring at... umm... there?"
"Where?", he asked, visibly amused.
"There", she said, indignantly.
"Do you want me to apologize for being a man?"
"What did you just say? You think this can be excused because you are a man?"
"Ananya, I-"
"Miss Kashyap"
"Well. Miss Kashyap. You came here to do something. Let's just finish it off".
"You are not even going to say sorry!?"
"Aap itna over react kyun kar rahi hain?!"
"That's enough. Thanks for your time Mr Kabir.", Ananya said, standing up, fuming with rage. 
"What? You're leaving? What about the.. the interview? I devoted time for this. I shifted meetings for this. And you are leav-", Kabir exclaimed. 
Before he could finish his last sentence he felt a tight slap on his right cheek. Before he could register the shock, Ananya was already out of the door. 

"What are you saying Ananya! You walked out?", Khalid exclaimed. 
Ananya had carefully omitted the tiny detail of slapping the mega star of India. Quite inconsequential really. Right? 
She was too tired to argue. She had just reached her home when Khalid, her boss, called to ask about the interview. 
"His behavior was unacceptable".
"I don't care if he asks for a strip tease. I have already run promos for this! Do you know how many people I had to talk to in order to arrange this? You are a great asset to my channel Ananya. But this is intolerable. Apologize to him and get me the interview! I don't care how you do it! I want it in two days. Otherwise you are fired!"
"What? Khalid. You can't do that?", Ananya asked, flabbergasted. 
"I will do it. Clean this shit up Ananya", he ordered and disconnected the call. 

For the next ten minutes Ananya stared at the wall. 
Apologize ? 
To him?
Great. 
My life is great. 
Just great. 

So hope you guys liked it. Would love to read your comments. 
Buddy me for PMs. 
toodles :D

Edited by supriya.ipkknd - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnVishtian thumbnail
🤣

Oh god!

Kabir stares at Ananya's chest! 🤣

Isliye tu mujhe wo ajeeb ajeeb questions puchri thi 😆

I LOVE it yaar! Seriously bahut hi funny tha 😆
Ananya ka inner monologue is just too good and totally like how she is in the show. 😃
I'm very interested to know the connection between these two, what exactly happened that has left Kabir remembering her after so long? 😆 Kya gadbad kiya hai Ananya Madam ne 😆

The concept is really good which you already know since we discussed it at such a length last night 😆 Kabir ko kahan se kahan tak pauncha diya tha tune 😆

The entire set up for this story is fantastic Jaan... Sachme you are very good taking the characters of the show and adapting them into a completely different setting. You have such a imaginative n creative mind and with your hilarious sense of humor this story is sure to be a hit!

12 inches upar 😆

I think your the first writer to kill off Ananya and also get Kabir slapped by Ananya in her fics 😆
Shabash meri sherni 😆 🤗 Underground jana pade toh mujhe bata dena 😆

Love you Supi 🤗 So happy to have you here!Edited by .Rinnie. - 8 years ago
InkAndFable thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Fantastic..
Lovely
Awesome

Unique Concept...
Continue soon and thanks for PM.
pd786 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
okay me third after rushing as well ðŸ˜•
loved the storyline
something new and different
it's a fabulous idea
kabir you are freaking naughty
khalid calm down "Strip tease" Seriously khalid *Hamare kabir sahab itne bhi bigade hue nahi hai*
loved the update
continue to pm me 
waiting for you to update soonest possible
Edited by pd786 - 8 years ago
TurnThePage thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome...loved it 😳

12 inches above 😆

Unique concept... update soon 😃
BedouinMe thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Loved it.. Its different and interesting. Pls continue soon dear...
Rashnayak thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It's awesome and very interesting . Please continue 
SahSah thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awww this is fab ...
really funny at sweet

i enjoyed reading it 
Lavi_dovey thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
ohooo...
from iterview to slap directly.
amazinggg.
lets see how miss kashyap will convince JUST KABIR for interview after so heated meeting.
update soon.
thank u so much for pm.
yoginisahakari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice update

Would loved to read what happened next.

Do pm me when update

Love and prayer
Yogini