Why doesnt Mehreen Jabbar rate Sanam Baloch high in acting skills?

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
I really liked Sanam B in DeS. I got to know Mehreen Jabbar is the best director of Pakistani dramas. Came across an interview she gave recently to a website. While she has rated Sanam B's dramas she directed highly as well her costars from the same dramas but not Sanam B herself. How did she leave out the greatest actress she has ever directed? Here is the exact quote. 

Q. First of all, congratulations on Jackson Heights! From Khalda Riyasat to Maya Ali, who've you enjoyed directing the most in terms of acting skills? (Male or Female)

A. Thank you for watching and liking Jackson Heights! Again, I've worked with some fantastic actors. Starting with Khalida jee, Nadia Jamil, Sania Saeed, Faisal Rehman, Humayun Saeed, Sonia Rehman, Marina Khan, Nouman Ijaz etc to the new lot like Maya Ali, Sanam Saeed, Aamina Sheikh, Adeel Husain, Mahira Khan and so many more and I would love to work with them all over again. Whoever takes the art and craft of acting seriously is my favorite.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
She must have forgotten to mention about her..her last drama with her was long time back and now I think she completely out of sight wrt dramas.
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Crescendo-

She must have forgotten to mention about her..her last drama with her was long time back and now I think she completely out of sight wrt dramas.

But Mehreen has mentioned people who worked with her long back. She even included Sanam Saeed who was only a supporting role in Sanam Baloch's Daam. 
sillage. thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

But Mehreen has mentioned people who worked with her long back. She even included Sanam Saeed who was only a supporting role in Sanam Baloch's Daam. 

Sanam S is visible as she is doing dramas but Sanam B is not doing any dramas as of now.
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sanam S is visible as she is doing dramas but Sanam B is not doing any dramas as of now.

But SB is still very much on TV with her morning talk show. Also it's not a there and then kind of interview. A list of Qs are asked by fans and celebs then answer them taking their time, so it's kinda hard to accept she forgot.

@ Shreya - well I guess that's very telling and wow she named so many!

Me too liked SB in DeS and I do like her and she's good, but guess there are so many more talented actors in Pak, though once upon a time I got teh impression that SB was the best actor ever.

TheRager thumbnail

So that means Sanam B's acting skills are so flaky that her own director forgets her if she is out of sight?
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

But SB is still very much on TV with her morning talk show. Also it's not a there and then kind of interview. A list of Qs are asked by fans and celebs then answer them taking their time, so it's kinda hard to accept she forgot.

@ Shreya - well I guess that's very telling and wow she named so many!

Me too liked SB in DeS and I do like her and she's good, but guess there are so many more talented actors in Pak, though once upon a time I got teh impression that SB was the best actor ever.

Oh she is visible? So the excuse she is out of sight also doesnt hold.
sillage. thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

So that means Sanam B's acting skills are so flaky that her own director forgets her if she is out of sight?

She may not be versatile then...this word is not going out of my mind today for sure. Edited by -Crescendo- - 8 years ago
TheRager thumbnail

She may not be versatile then...this word is not going out of my mind today for sure.

So maybe Mehreen wasnt impressed with Sanam B in Doraha where she had a negative role. Every else she did positive roles. 
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I dunno why Sanam Baloch is under-rated. She is one of the best out there. They even 'forget' to give her awards in the award shows there. Nominations even.