Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Bin Roye: Mahira Khan's love for film

The star was in jovial, winking to the audience while sharing movie anecdotes 
WAJIHA JAWAID ABOUT 5 HOURS AGO

She was fashionably late. Over one hundred reporters and bloggers fidgeted in their chairs looking towards the door, waiting for her so the event could truly begin. Finally, in a blur of black silk, porcelain skin and joyful laughter - Mahira Khan had arrived.

The actress who rose to fame with Humsafar is a cultural and style icon in Pakistan and plays Saba - a young girl who learns that love is not as simple as she had dreamed when she must marry Irtiza the man she once thought was the man of her dreams but is now an ugly memory. Destiny and guilt play off each other in this complex story based on the cult favorite Urdu novel by Farhat Ishtiaq 'Bin Roye Ansoo'.

When Khan talks about her role she says it impacted her personally:

"I have lived with this character for the past two years and the guilt she feels in her life has stuck me so strongly that I couldn't come out of its trance ," she said

Khan says she feels this film is close to her heart even though the character didn't have any resemblance with her.

One story, a movie, a serial and lots of drama

Bin Roye has two directors: Momina Duraid and Shehzad Kashmiri and will be aired as television serial. The unique format pushes the envelope in Pakistani storytelling and capitalizes on an unexplored terrain of genre for film in the local market.

Producer Duraid has promised that both mediums will offer unique products to audiences - if so then the film is one step in the right direction towards developing a thriving fan culture. For a thinking audience who need to know more about a characters and want back story, a novel and a serial to provide this are the perfect geek material to create universe of Bin Roye fandom.

The film features the stalwarts of Pakistan entertainment industry including Mahira Khan, Humayun Saeed, Armeena Rana Khan, Javed Sheikh and Zeba Bakhtiar. Renowned television actors turned film stars Adeel Hussain and Junaid Khan will also do a brief cameo in the movie.

Shooting the film over a period of two years wasn't an easy job and many obstacles came on the way - the Dastaan director Haissam Hussain left half way leaving the job on Duraid to complete.

Initially Fawad Khan and Sanam Baloch were approached for the movie but later Humayun Saeed and Armeena Rana Khan were taken aboard.

"It was a nerve-racking experience but I am glad to complete it on time. We made it with love and affection and I am sure it will touch the peoples' hearts, Duraid said.

Confident as always Khan was in complete jovial mood, winking to the audience while sharing anecdotes happened on the sets of Bin Roye' - be it Shahzad Kashmiri's hug in the air after shooting in the scenic magic hour or the existence of ghosts in the haveli.

When asked how important Bin Roye' was for her she proudly calls it her first film'

"Although I made my debut with Bol' but I considered Bin Roye' as my first film. I have been associated with it since inception - interfering at every level and constantly giving my feedback about what needed to be done to make it more grabbing,"

Khan who has set a benchmark for herself with the blockbuster television serials like Humsafar and is hopeful that Bin Roye' will continue her streak as a successful star..

When asked who was the best co-star: Shah Rukh Khan or Humayun Saeed she smilingly said, "Since Humayun is called the Shah Rukh Khan of Pakistan, that makes Shah Rukh Khan the Humayun Saeed of India."

Lead actor Humayun Saeed, who made a comeback after a brief hiatus, was also excited for his role.

"My character in a movie is that of an intense lover - I have played a similar character on television but this is the first time that I am doing it for a feature film."

Saeed added that in order to be experimental we often missed out on basics. The actor said that while a lot of people are trying their hands on diverse scripts hardly anyone has opted for drama genre' which is our biggest strength.

Mahira Khan's wardrobe for the film has been done by Elan, Feeha Jamshed and Sania Maskatiya whereas two songs in the movie have been directed by the talented Asim Raza and Sarmad Sultan.

Bin Roye was shot at multiple locations, including Karachi, Dubai and the scenic locations of Santa Barbara and San Francisco and as announced earlier it will be released this Eid in Pakistan and seven other countries.

The music launch of the film will be held at Telenor Bridal Week in June.

http://www.hipinpakistan.com/news/1147262/bin-roye-mahira-khans-love-for-film

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Sanam Baloch was offered Bin Roye along with Fawad. This is something certain Mahira fans love to deny for some odd reason. Humtv's official facebook page (the verified one)..had Sanam Baloch, Fawad and Mahira's pictures in one poster up as their cover photo right when they announced that Bin Roye is going to turn into a movie..only to remove it in a short span of time because some of their desired cast members denied the film.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshu.sundas

I think bin Roye was never offered to Sanam B, mahira and Fawad were always the first choice for Mina and infact momina herself had said it too .

And yes nobody said Sanam B is not liked but is a bad actress but she is still far behind than others who made a bigger impact .

And also with a body of work like SanamB it's shocking that she is not even close to Saba Qamar and Mahira's popularity .

And why name only shows which were written by umera or directed by Hassaim ? Infact sanam failed badly in KPKP and was overshadowed by Humaima in Akbari Asghari both of which were Hassaim shows ..

90% actors shine in an umera Ahmed project and that doesn't make SanamB different . Infact sanam saeed is a lot better than sanam Behen it comes to conviction and effortless expressions , she does not even need pilot episodes to make a connect and clocks from the very first scene ..

@bold: lmao.

Where are the members who get their panties in a bunch when SanamB fans use their gospel words to talk about SanamB? The hypocrisy amidst certain people is hilarious. 😆 Why are you making it seem like your words are a universal fact? 😲 blasphemous.

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

But Mehreen has mentioned people who worked with her long back. She even included Sanam Saeed who was only a supporting role in Sanam Baloch's Daam. 

Sanam saeed was there in mehreens Mata e jaan too 
starstruckk thumbnail
@harshu: how do you have an opinion on everyone and everything going on in Pakistani television when you can't watch any show that doesn't have Fawad or Mahira? 
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Coming to the post ...first of all I think it was jus that she forgot to mention Sanam b 
Why is such a big deal made out of the answer 

Sanam b DOESNT NEED anyone's certification to be proved what she is and what she is capable of 

So what's the point of this thread anyway 

Mehreen jus forgot to mention her ...why us everyone digging so Mich into the answer 
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Coming to the post ...first of all I think it was jus that she forgot to mention Sanam b 

Why is such a big deal made out of the answer 

Sanam b DOESNT NEED anyone's certification to be proved what she is and what she is capable of 

So what's the point of this thread anyway 

Mehreen jus forgot to mention her ...why us everyone digging so Mich into the answer 

This thread is in retaliation of my thread on Fawad vs Mikaal's versatility. 😆

quick brief 😆 -

I made a thread supposedly degrading Fawad...I guess these people felt that Mikaal is far more superior than Fawad and I was trying to bring Fawad down? 😆 And, some people are still upset about my comments on Sanam Baloch in that Dastaan thread (a thread where except three people everyone was bringing Sanam Baloch down and praising Fawad).. and they feel that any thread where I comment on Fawad is me bringing him down...so this is a way of "vengeance." 😛

The article could be wrong too, generated from immense rumors and strong buzz.. Sanam Baloch was NOT offered Bin Roye , at least that is what i know from a close source, otherwise speculations are inevitable. and does not really matter who was offered what, whoever ends up doing it is lucky if the project is a success. 

Originally posted by: starstruckk

@bold: lmao.

Where are the members who get their panties in a bunch when SanamB fans use their gospel words to talk about SanamB? The hypocrisy amidst certain people is hilarious. 😆 Why are you making it seem like your words are a universal fact? 😲 blasphemous.

you are talking about hypocrisy ? ðŸ˜†

anyways i have stated whatever i have learnt and felt , i might not have that much knowledge about pakistan drama industry as you have but i know enough to put up an opinion. 

and no unlike you, i do not tend to put up my opinion as an universal fact, i see people around me interested in Mahira, Saba and sanam saeed more, so according to that i have stated the above .

And come on dude, accept the fact that Mahira has surpassed sanam baloch in terms of fame, and acting is subjective, not every body can like the same actor/actress, but the majority roots for people who represents the industry in a broader level. Mahira does that, Saba qamar, and now Sanam saeed also does that.

even if you consider the run of dastaan in india, and even dur e shahawar, sanam baloch did not even get half of the praise which sanam saeed and saba qamar got for ZGH and Maat, and this itself is an irony that the supposed unbeatable and versatile actress in her country fails to generate the same magic in the bigger platform and you agree or not, it does make a difference .

starstruckk thumbnail

you are talking about hypocrisy ? ðŸ˜†

anyways i have stated whatever i have learnt and felt , i might not have that much knowledge about pakistan drama industry as you have but i know enough to put up an opinion. 

and no unlike you, i do not tend to put up my opinion as an universal fact, i see people around me interested in Mahira, Saba and sanam saeed more, so according to that i have stated the above .

And come on dude, accept the fact that Mahira has surpassed sanam baloch in terms of fame, and acting is subjective, not every body can like the same actor/actress, but the majority roots for people who represents the industry in a broader level. Mahira does that, Saba qamar, and now Sanam saeed also does that.

even if you consider the run of dastaan in india, and even dur e shahawar, sanam baloch did not even get half of the praise which sanam saeed and saba qamar got for ZGH and Maat, and this itself is an irony that the supposed unbeatable and versatile actress in her country fails to generate the same magic in the bigger platform and you agree or not, it does make a difference .

Yes, hypocrisy..what's your definition of an opinion (or even hypocrisy for that matter).. Anyone who posts similar thoughts as yours? and anyone who posts something in favor of those who you dislike isn't..and thus is attacking you and your favorites? yes that's hypocrisy and it's evident. You guys have started playing the victim card around here whenever someone else posts something that doesn't favor YOUR sentiments aka that Fawad is the god of acting/personality/walking/talking/eating etc. It's become a norm for some of you to whine at the most silliest of posts and threads. This is no different..and this very thread is proof of that as always. You want to argue that Sanam Baloch isn't as good as others, back it up..watch her work...perhaps those that don't JUST include Fawad...and maybe your arguments about her not being good enough may hold weight. You and  most others here comment about her work without watching most of it..only because some people have actually voiced that she can possibly be better than the people that YOU like. Once again, this thread has no basis whatsoever...but it helps you guys retaliate against a thread on Mikaal vs Fawad where people were actually having a discussion..unlike here..where most of you are just venting against Sanam Baloch for something as silly as why didn't MJ mention her name? thus, she sucks..seriously? LOL

Further, why do you keep talking about fame? Fame and popularity for you seems to be the criteria everywhere. You watch shows on the basis of which actor is popular? or which show got the most TRPs? good for you...but that does NOT judge an actor and never has.

Adeel, Noman Ejaz, Mikaal, Aamina Sheikh, Ahsan Khan, Faisal Qureshi, Adnan Siddiqui etc etc..all had  their shows air on Zindagi..so with your logic no one roots for them? They don't represent Pakistani shows? By your logic no one but Fawad or Mahira can be rooted for since at the moment, they have a bigger fanbase than most Pakistani actors. And why are you  and others asking people  to always "accept" certain things around here? What ever happened to you preaching to respect others views? Once again, hypocrisy at its peak. Practice what you preach.

Edited by starstruckk - 9 years ago