Rashami Desais emotional breakdown steals thunder from mediocre dan

AllezJustine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Nach Baliye 7 highlights: Rashami Desai's emotional breakdown steals thunder from mediocre dance performances!

The show seems to be more about drama and tears than dance

When I was asked to watch a reality dance Tv show like Nach Baliye 7, I know what I was signed up for. Or at least I thought I knew! The fact that it is a reality show, I did expect some level of drama but I also expected to witness some scintillating dance performances. But alas! they were few and far in between.
And to add to the lacklustre performances, where the heightened levels of drama that reminded me of Bigg Boss all over again. The only thing that acted as the saving grace in the show was Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharmas presence who were there to promote Bombay Velvet.
Ranbir hugs it out with the ladies
Ladies man Ranbir Kapoor was intant hit among all the female contestants, making their partners jealous. Ranbir infact hugged and greeted each lady contestant and even lifted Pooja ( Jay's partner). I wonder what Katrina had to say to all this.
Anushka shakes a leg with the lads
Reciprocating Ranbir's gesture, even Anushka made wishes of the male contestants come true when she danced along with them. Also judge Marzi Prestonji pulled her leg by passing cheeky comments on Anushka's relationship with cricketer Virat Kohli.
Preity Zinta - the worst judge ever
The beauty with cute dimples on cheeks, Preity Zinta, is a spineless judge, who shies away from calling a spade a spade unlike the other two judges Marzi and Chetan Bhagat. She is way too diplomatic in her approach and sugar coats all her comments. It means only two things - either Preity is Ms goody two shoes not fit for judging or she lacks the depth to analyse a dance performance.

Best and Worst performance of the Day
Amruta Khanvilkar and Himmanshoo Malhotra slow ballet kinda performance with the ladder as prop was one of the best performances of the day. Other than this couple, even Rashami Desai and Nandish Sandhu gave a memorable performance. Coming to the worst performers of the day, I have to say it was Jay Soni and Pooja Shah, who gave an unconvincing dance performance in Dhinka Chikka. Even Sana Saeed and Deepesh Sharma's dance performance was below par.
Rashami Desai's lie exposed
Rashami Desai was refrained from performing last time because it was said that she had sprained her leg during practice. But in this show, Rashami revealed that she was in Los Angeles last week performing at a show. Rashami pleaded to the judges to be lenient on her and Nandish, as she had to go LA since she had signed a contract prior to Nach Baliye. Then came the water works, when Rashami broke down to tears explaining how this show had brought her and Nandish close again. This emotional outburst was certainly the high point of the show as there was nothing else interesting in the show. Preity Zinta, the spineless judge, bought Rashami's tears and announced that no couple will be eliminated tonight. While the  contestants where happy, I as a viewer felt cheated. I mean what's the point of watching the show if you are gonna be this sweet with jodis.
Overall it was yet another drama filled episode sans dance. Now I wonder, if this show would ever take off and would the viewers get some good dance moves to see