Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Star_girl

Arsal, how bad is really bad for BV? Like, how much does it need to collect for it avoid being termed as a disaster? Sorry, you seem to know stuff and this negativity is worrying me a bit. 

my thread was just for that for everyone to know A to Z of the big movie😊.. DDD thread coming soon.😆

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4366502

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I  Very rarely do Indian directors have the ability to match a grand setting with the story. If one is good the other fails. SLB's movies, now AK's Bombay Velvet are all proofs of that.

I think the reason for this is the fear of Commercial Failure. 

Stick to your script.

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Arsal-

As far as I know;

It needs at-least 70 crores to avoid a disaster. Would be considered a flop at that figure.

A 100-110 crores would make it an average affair at best. That is what it should target at the moment if it can show growth today and over the weekend.

Anything below 70 or lets say 65 is a sure shot disaster.

Okay thanks a ton. 
I am sorta worried that it may not be possible. I wonder why the opening is stated to be this low. I mean, I thought there was positive buzz for the film after the second trailer but it doesn't add up, given how Ranbir is actually pretty popular. Anyway, probably it will pick up during the weekend. Piku is hardly a competition, different genres. 
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hit or profits are out of question for BV. It is never going to make it with such a disastrous start.

At-best it can hope for 100-110 which will be an average/ below-average affair.

Originally posted by: -Arsal-

True.

Dev D and Black Friday are great as well. BF has a 86% rating on RT.

For me his best is Ugly though. It was a masterpiece.

Ugly is damn good, but for me Gulal beats it. Gulal was one of his earlier works. His raw experience, his vulnerability translated wonderfully on screen.
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sultan_Of_Swing

Ugly is damn good, but for me Gulal beats it. Gulal was one of his earlier works. His raw experience, his vulnerability translated wonderfully on screen.

I agree. Gulaal is AK's best. Nothing beats it. Even the dialogues and songs were top-notch.

@Star girl : I don't think it'll pick up, mate. It's being ripped apart, a dark movie with a negative wom sounds like a wash-out to me at this point.
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I loved Ugly and Gulal. Kashyap is a genius IMO. Just because he lost the plot for this one, doesn't take away from his brilliance. 
He should've stuck to what he does best. I hate when great directors like Motwane, Kashyap etc moves away from their forte. I am worried for Motwane now. 
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LaFUNgA

Ab Galti MALL ki hi nikaal do 😆

Was stating a fact. Don't really care how the movie fares. But taking the most isolated mall in the city to predict how a movie is doing in business is wrong. KRK needs to do his research better. 

Originally posted by: Star_girl

Okay thanks a ton. 
I am sorta worried that it may not be possible. I wonder why the opening is stated to be this low. I mean, I thought there was positive buzz for the film after the second trailer but it doesn't add up, given how Ranbir is actually pretty popular. Anyway, probably it will pick up during the weekend. Piku is hardly a competition, different genres. 

BV's min competition will be from Mad Max which has received the best reviews and audience feedback for an English movie. 

I watched Fury Road last night and have booked my tickets for a 2nd viewing on Sunday. Watching Fury road was like being in a state of High/adrenaline rush for 2 hrs. It is bloody brilliant.
theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
so you have aterrible film and make it with 150cr as abudget every crazy people didnt do that