Users

Frequent Posters

samsi74 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Ashu25

Butter is cracking me up these days πŸ€£

I simple love BUTTER πŸ€—

Sam and Tan are such a cute couple... Tan is really an awesome dad!! 

Vandu and II did the right thing imo... 

Lets see where this goes! 

Yes calling Sam is the best thing. If Batras get to know it from school that will be terrible. I wish II had confided in R&B. She will understand eventually that hiding things from husband only makes things worse, specially things he might later get to know from outside.
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
tan's the best...the way he talks with nandu,protecting sam from his mom...he is one of the best characters i have ever read...thank god tan's mom dont know that the ipad is missing.otherwise her first guess would have been 'ask vanditha to check that boy's bag'.the last part i loved...but now bala went to school.the school principal will call tan now right?tan can handle it,but what about this appa season 2 ??
laasya and minion...so lovely to read about them...
frisky rnb... lol... 😳 Edited by ishruhi - 8 years ago
Hsp.canada thumbnail
I had the same thought that  II was indulging Shravu a little too much. His parents are over stretched and Shravu needs to understand overtime. for how long can II take care of his needs should Shravu keep demanding. If she had married Subbu or Shree this would stopped right away after the wedding. Giving gifts is something but not a monthly expense for sisters kid. 
I agree Bala was spot on with his anger. Vandu could have texted Sam last night that Shravu got Nandus iPad by mistake. ( still talk to Shravu) Using the word stolen seems a little harsh and not a good reflection on II 
( she is a new bhau and her sil) Sam is very understanding she will let it pass but should it get know to her mil and Manny, II will have endure the pot shots😭
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: samsi74

Yes calling Sam is the best thing. If Batras get to know it from school that will be terrible. I wish II had confided in R&B. She will understand eventually that hiding things from husband only makes things worse, specially things he might later get to know from outside.

II ka mujhe samajh nahi aata bhai
She talks rubbish when he is around. And when he finds out she picks up a fight. 
When she has to share,  she doesnt.
Very rarely ghuma phirake baat bolti hai. 

However insecure she is.. Its now a family and I think she must have shared this with RB... Irrespective of the judgements of the Bhallas. 

nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Great observation
And u are totally right II's love is spoiling him... whatever the sisters couldnt have growing up she seems to want to give it all to Shravu
Its a dangerous trend😭

@bold: a lot of people think that nowadays. I don't really understand why though. πŸ˜• I think it becomes more of a handicap to kids if you behave this way and fulfill their every materialistic desire and whim.

I was raised in a very simple way. I was definitely not the kid who had every new gadget the day it came out; my parents didn't think it important to indulge in such things and I never felt the need to make such unnecessary demands either. My parents did make it a point to give me the things that they had both missed out on during their childhood though...the right to dream and time. And I think those simple things have made all the difference.

I am not saying that one shouldn't buy their kids toys and gadgets to show their love, but I definitely don't think that it would be setting the right example if one only shows them that money and materialism are the keys to happiness. There are certainly more important things in life that kids need to be taught about from a young age.
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: nividances

@bold: a lot of people think that nowadays. I don't really understand why though. πŸ˜• I think it becomes more of a handicap to kids if you behave this way and fulfill their every materialistic desire and whim.

I was raised in a very simple way. I was definitely not the kid who had every new gadget the day it came out; my parents didn't think it important to indulge in such things and I never felt the need to make such unnecessary demands either. My parents did make it a point to give me the things that they had both missed out on during their childhood though...the right to dream and time. And I think those simple things have made all the difference.

I am not saying that one shouldn't buy their kids toys and gadgets to show their love, but I definitely don't think that it would be setting the right example if one only shows them that money and materialism are the keys to happiness. There are certainly more important things in life that kids need to be taught about from a young age.

DITTO Nivi!! 

To this day my parents are never happy with smart phones... They think its some research they are working on when they are handed one. πŸ€£
samsi74 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: swathi1990

one more thing which I want to ask...

II hides most of the matters that happen at her home...Is that how everyone behaves ?? Is it really ok or she does it because she is not comfortable sharing things with him ???

rest of the matters aside, she could have still told this because nandu is involved illa...he is anyways going to find it through sam or worse manny...I just hope that this doesnt blow over the roof...in that case, he is going to be really pissed with II for not informing him earlier...

Swathi you and I posted at the same time. No I don't think wives hide things this much from their husbands. I certainly don't. Specially things he'll get to know later. If I did something like this I can't even imagine my husband's reaction!! Apart from being dishonest, it's not prudent either. You loose your husband's respect. If she can hide it permanently then she can(hide it) to save face but otherwise being upfront is the best strategy, I'm my opinion.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nividances

Very well put Asma! πŸ‘

Oh! Wow!

I was reading an Economist article at lunch yesterday about how Indian government is cracking down on NGOs, and the comments talked about Tessta Setalvad and how she stole money from Ford Foundation to line her pockets.

This article is refreshing and and hopeful. THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING

Being content is the hardest thing in life... even NGOs workers are not immune

Thanks so much for this one
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashu25

DITTO Nivi!! 

To this day my parents are never happy with smart phones... They think its some research they are working on when they are handed one. πŸ€£

My dad is a computer/tech guy so he can navigate around on smartphones, but my mom to this day refuses to upgrade her cell. It just has a screen and a keypad, on which she has me, dad, and my brother on speed dial while the rest of the numbers she either remembers or keeps written in her little phone diary. πŸ˜†
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awesome update Nisha. Looking forward how it will turn out. Shravu should not compete with Nandu. But how to explain this to Shravu? Tough situation, kids compare them with rich kids and asks parents why can't we have the luxury like them?

Both parents have acted with maturity. I like how Tan and Sam want Nandu should be disciplined.

My maternal aunt is wealthy but both my uncle and aunt never entertained their son with costly things. I handed my used cell to him one week back since he will be in 11th standard now. Getting sahasranaama from aunt for last one week 😊