Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Anu

You know I live in the middle of nowhere all white town, many dont even know where India is on the map, but they all know about Nirbhaya, people that know me, know I am from New Delhi. They would look at me with pity and say "Oh! I would never go there, the place sounds scary and disgusting"

I would be SO HURT and OFFENDED.
Today I am thinking they are right about their opinion... this is like Salman was on the bus that night in Delhi... he just walked free... today. I bet he is secretly working to free Nirbhaya's rapists also...
Thank God 26/11 guys were handed swift justice, otherwise Salman would have ensured they walk free too.👏

guess he is an expert in playing real life monopoly - and has enough GET out of jail cards !😭
the funny part is all is bollywood slaves even agreed he killed in their tweets not one person said the driver drove not one person said he was in the back seat, kamal khan didnt come out saying Salman was sitting with me ..cha terrible

On a completely different note finally looks like there is a good movie Piku - Raja Sen and Sukanya verma are praising it..
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Pritee

Thanks very much

I have ZERO sympathy for Bollywood you are in good company here if you tear them up on my topic. They make way too much money for doing nothing to top it of they are the worst criminal offenders. I have zero feelings of adulation for any body the industry has produced in the recent times. Thanks for correcting me... I appreciate it

Sanjay was yet another "entitled no talent junkie" His biggest hit came when he was most stoned Rocky... so yes... I have no sympathies for him.
BunnyObodhro368 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

R&B cannot be happy receiving money from Bala correct? Why will he be happy? He considers Bala and Vandu as his own, he considers the Iyers as his own, when he gets money he feels upset

I am sorry I cannot explain better😭

No philosophical , meaningful reason for why he cuddled with his wife, I try not to use symbolism and "deep" meaning stuff in the story... I watched a a show years ago where a gal used to analyze every hand move and leg movement of the leads with "deep deep" symbolism.😆
That put me off completely from using symbolism...

Hahaha no u explain it really well
Cleared my confusions
Thanks for explaining
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

ok me an Iyer girl so will give my POV .

Normally its all husband /wife money joint account everything is one ..
 In this case R&B is super rich way way way beyond what Iyers would have seen so II gets conscious she doesnt want folks to think she married him for money, she doesn't want folks to think she is paying her family through his money.
I think given we are not used to this kind of money and value our self respect a lot it hurts our pride to think someone may even think we are after money..usse toh acha chullu bhar paani mein mar jao.

So if i was II I would do the exact same thing she did basically ,you are clueless what to do, u are scared to ask ur husband or tell him ..slowly she is talking about her insecurities her issues to him .This will take time also i feel even as a married woman given that i have worked all my years i would be very awkward to spend his money should i leave my job initially cause i am not used to it.
On the contrary i see my stay at home friends being more comfortable.

Let me give u an example i was between jobs when i moved from CA to Boston and there was a period of 3 months without job during my second  year of marriage, and my husbands bday fell in  i wanted to get him something on my own so i went to coaching class (i had work permit)and work edfor $10 per hour for 2 months and got money to get him a camera..very very stupid now i wouldnt have that kind of attitude but initially i did..
So i dont know if its Iyer mentality /middle class mentality but taking someone else's money takes a bit of getting used to .

Regarding bold the fact remains Iyers ,may be all middle class dads have a HUGE problem taking money from their kids in my case both son/daughter my dad still believes in giving us money and will throw a fit should we pay and will say we spend without looking and still feel i should be more efficient with my grocery and no ,no IYER dad will like money from his SIL and there is war even in my house now too 😆😆

So for me every bit of what Nisha wrote is spot on doesn't make it right but i get it this is how it is 😃.. and this Bala giving to R&B was wrong Bala and Vandu are also going through a tough time toh may not have thought through.

@bold: agree on everything.

I think every new bride feels hesitant about asking for money, I was super conscious. Right after honeymoon I had landed back to India alone, when I reached home (in laws place) I had a bill from Airtel. It was a big number Rs 7600. I was waiting for an oppurnity to call my folks without an audience so I could ask papa to pay my bill. I could not dream of asking my husband or my in-laws for that. Though my Mil took an offence when she came to know that I asked my dad for money. After that she would leave an envelope for me every two weeks. But I would always say I have enough. I had emptied out my account before the wedding in the shopping😆. Was very happy when the PF money came to my account. My folks never took money from me when I was working back in India. They still are hesitant if I buy air ticket between CA to NYC. They always look for ways to pay me. 

PS: I am punjabi and so i my husband. Its irrespective of culture or caste.

Hsp.canada thumbnail

Pritee

Thanks very much

I have ZERO sympathy for Bollywood you are in good company here if you tear them up on my topic. They make way too much money for doing nothing to top it of they are the worst criminal offenders. I have zero feelings of adulation for any body the industry has produced in the recent times. Thanks for correcting me... I appreciate it

Sanjay was yet another "entitled no talent junkie" His biggest hit came when he was most stoned Rocky... so yes... I have no sympathies for him.

Nisha youw were right about Ash. I read today morning, she cried for Sallu the whole day 😆 it was bollywood life.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

guess he is an expert in playing real life monopoly - and has enough GET out of jail cards !😭
the funny part is all is bollywood slaves even agreed he killed in their tweets not one person said the driver drove not one person said he was in the back seat, kamal khan didnt come out saying Salman was sitting with me ..cha terrible

On a completely different note finally looks like there is a good movie Piku - Raja Sen and Sukanya verma are praising it..

Must be... but I wont watch it, I cant stand Amitabh, I usually dont watch any of his new movies Anu. Secondly after dear Deepika's marital advice to me my $15 will be spent on watching a yawn inducing animated movie like Box Trolls because Amy Poehler or Jim Parsons or Adam Sandler dont tell me I should be cheating on my husband😃 and fake depression to sell a movie😆

While we are on Deepika I read recently that "My choice was not her words"

She said that because Vogue PAID her enough

OR

She didnt have a "choice"🤣

So she either lacks morals or doesn't have a choice, not sure which is worse
🤣
SA1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Anu your response to SA1234 is spot on, I will also add, Bala had no clue about R&B and II financial dynamics, Appa has no clue either.

They are all assuming, II is happily spending R&B's money and they have one or many joint accounts, returning it to R&B is a "normal" thing.

Very rarely I have seen exponentially wealthy people with a good heart, R&B is one... he doesnt brag about it, doesnt wear Being Human tees😭 (Yep, I will have to take pot shots at the brave unflinching warrior that saved India from annihilation today👏👏) but nevertheless he is a good guy

He is appalled that Bala actually returned Rs. 25,000. He doesnt pity Vandu and Bala but feels Bala's act is grossly inappropriate

Very few people I know in the world will say "No" to money that rightfully belongs to them or their spouse.

Am I the only one who can't see what Anu has written in response to my comment...I checked multiple times. Can't find it ..phew! But no worries. Thanks for your response Nisha. But I am really waiting for II to react.
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

Nisha youw were right about Ash. I read today morning, she cried for Sallu the whole day 😆 it was bollywood life.

OMGGG where did u read this GOOOSH YUCK YUCK no words..

Salman physically abused Ash is a known thing right ...OMG creepy naa

Nisha PLEASE mere ko ek cute sa Ranjan update doh yaar him playing carom with minion chearing anything to take my mind of this Salman nonsense..Let me do some Ranjan gush di me wfh
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: SA1234

Am I the only one who can't see what Anu has written in response to my comment...I checked multiple times. Can't find it ..phew! But no worries. Thanks for your response Nisha. But I am really waiting for II to react.

Sorry I misquoted, she responded to Samsi74 I apologize😭 I hope my answer sufficed I read the responses first thing in the morning, the lack of filter coffee in my system sometimes fogs up my cognitive powers😆
Hsp.canada thumbnail

Must be... but I wont watch it, I cant stand Amitabh, I usually dont watch any of his new movies Anu. Secondly after dear Deepika's marital advice to me my $15 will be spent on watching a yawn inducing animated movie like Box Trolls because Amy Poehler or Jim Parsons or Adam Sandler dont tell me I should be cheating on my husband😃 and fake depression to sell a movie😆

While we are on Deepika I read recently that "My choice was not her words"

She said that because Vogue PAID her enough

OR

She didnt have a "choice"🤣

So she either lacks morals or doesn't have a choice, not sure which is worse
🤣

ROFL, I am having hysteria laugh😆😆 my son came running to check on me 😆