Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
its not a saas bahu show, but where CS somewhat went wrong is with not putting full stop at the right time..honestly, I cannot buy the whole thing about nandini going through child marriage..it sets up such a wrong message and its simply sadistic to keep showing anandi and her daughter suffering..it should have ended with anandi scaling heights in politics, with or without shiv..but just for the sake of justifying child marriage they shifted gear to anandi's child going through it! RANDOM -_- 
and to an extent the viewers are enjoying this - they like a child being shown as facing difficulties in sasural and what all? m not talking about ul who discuss it on IF, but the viewers who get it the massive trps to be in top 5 even now..I mean comeon? wasnt A's sufferings enuf? noone wants to watch a happy ending, but see travails of one more? and people dont care about A succeeding in life looks like, they want her to be surrounded with problems and jaitsar people all the time -_- -_- -_- JMO but this is wayy too much stretching rather than having a proper closure last year itself..they could have knocked shiv off, I dont have a problem with that..but they have faulted on A's progression and now with a probable leap too..since there are so many kids in the show..I dont even see any proper ending to A's story..it will shift to baccho ki full fledged prem kahaniyaa
MaxMayfield thumbnail

Originally posted by: blushing

oh so Sid M FK eyeing on Aloo not otherway ... Phew

Ratna Pathak playing mom Rishi Kapoor is Dadaji ...oh my ... Direct Grand father

Anyways

rishijee learnt a new word "tauba" he tweeted something with this word in it๐Ÿคฃ m sure fawad's behind it๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† what with his urdu ๐Ÿ˜†

ratna again fawad's mom?๐Ÿ˜† hope they have some great scenes in this one! becoz KS was epic disaster in huge proportion, in terms of wastage of ratna and fawad's talent and their scripting of mother-son scenes๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Edited by Hiral_Halwa - 8 years ago
Muktchand thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hiral ...too much expectations

Well CS is different than Ekta but its daily soap ... Money matters ... Channel no mood of closing down anytime soon ...

Progress of women on TV is always limited ... For CS writers she already progress ..about sufferings well see people are giving their attention to it ...

I guess showing progressive women is crime on TV ... Family drama attracts most

chod too much expectations ...
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Hiral_Halwa

its not a saas bahu show, but where CS somewhat went wrong is with not putting full stop at the right time..honestly, I cannot buy the whole thing about nandini going through child marriage..it sets up such a wrong message and its simply sadistic to keep showing anandi and her daughter suffering..it should have ended with anandi scaling heights in politics, with or without shiv..but just for the sake of justifying child marriage they shifted gear to anandi's child going through it! RANDOM -_- 

and to an extent the viewers are enjoying this - they like a child being shown as facing difficulties in sasural and what all? m not talking about ul who discuss it on IF, but the viewers who get it the massive trps to be in top 5 even now..I mean comeon? wasnt A's sufferings enuf? noone wants to watch a happy ending, but see travails of one more? and people dont care about A succeeding in life looks like, they want her to be surrounded with problems and jaitsar people all the time -_- -_- -_- JMO but this is wayy too much stretching rather than having a proper closure last year itself..they could have knocked shiv off, I dont have a problem with that..but they have faulted on A's progression and now with a probable leap too..since there are so many kids in the show..I dont even see any proper ending to A's story..it will shift to baccho ki full fledged prem kahaniyaa

They as in channel as well as PH both didn't want to end the show because it is doing well by the channel standards and no matter what it is still one of the most respected shows. Respected show plus earning fairly decent amount of money - they wanted to prolong the shelf life and also at the same time plan for next gen story.
To justify the title they need a BV.
Anandi's innings as BV ended with her marriage to Shiv
Ganga people didn't really care much for this character so they can;t shift focus to this character and make her central character
So the next option for the lead Anandi Shiv's daughter - Title role  - needs to be BV 
There is no way they can explain Anandi Shiv's daughter becoming a victim of child marriage 
So they came up with a freak incident bizzare twist of fate to bring about this
People cried for Anandi when she lost her husband they felt happy when she gave birth twins  - TRPs went up. So they know that any story connected with  Anandi and her children will reach to people.
Now it is paying dividends - Not just a kid going through sufferings - but re packaged Anandi with a dash of Shiv in Nandini who despite her average acting skills lights up the screen.๐Ÿ˜Š

----------
They made Anandi commit that mistake so that she will guilty and miserable  & can be emotionally black mailed by Daddu and Dsa and can be shifted to BH (Purnendu Shekhar's original plot) They covered her stay in the 11 year leap and then shifted her out to show her nuclear family and leading life as a single mother - which we wanted to see.
The 11 year stay is being and it's affects on BH wasis - is being used as a story for BH people๐Ÿ˜†

Now I think it is becoming clear what they wanted Anandi to be. A model citizen who stands up for justice and truth and of course womens' rights activist.

Akeharaj the cave man Vs Anandi the womens rights activist  stage is being set for this show down at  a snail pace.

I think Anandi Vs Akheraj will be one of the last tracks for Anandi. If the show still continues to do well as it is doing now - Anandi's life will be ended and Nandini will be the lead and Shivam being inseparable part of her life and their interactions with Kundan and Singh pariwar Waris being the story coupled with social issues.

MaxMayfield thumbnail
yeah maybe ady, appy..IK it sounds like a broken record anyway to bash CVs..all this has been said time and again by all of us..dropping it ๐Ÿ˜† Edited by Hiral_Halwa - 8 years ago
aparnauma thumbnail

The new (BARC) ratings are settling in and individual-level data is now available as well. As the market adapts to a new measurement system, there is a hint of confusion in the air. And there's one dominant reason for it - the constant comparison between the old (TAM) and the new measurement systems.

No two designs of a large sample study give similar results, especially when there are several conceptual changes in their design, like that of the NCCS being adopted instead of the SEC system. At best, one can compare ranks. For example, it is reasonable to expect that the No 1 channel in a category would not be different in the two systems, especially if there was a wide gap between the Top 2 in the old system.

BARC has been built on the premise that it is more robust, secure and future-ready compared to the old system. It was created because there were widespread concerns about the old system. A comparison exercise, then, becomes a contradiction in itself. Hopefully, the dust will settle soon, and the focus will shift on the new data than its comparisons with the old. And there will be enough and more to unravel.

The Hindi GEC programme ratings of the latest week (as well as recent weeks) tell their own story. The Top 5 programmes last week were Saathiya, Ashoka, Sasural Simar Ka, Balika Vadhu and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. Except Ashoka, which launched earlier this year, the other four are old horses, with an average lifespan of five-and-a-half years!

There's a clear consumer statement in this rather simple, back-of-the-envelope data point. More than 150 new fiction shows have launched over the last five years. Yet, the audiences have stayed with their staple primetime diet over half a decade! That's less a comment on the high quality of the staple and more a comment on how the new attempts have not managed to take the offering to the proverbial next level.

Even Diya Aur Baati Hum, which would have made it to the list in another week, is a 2011 show. What exactly happened to Hindi GEC fiction content in 2012-14? Equally importantly, because large proportion of viewership of the top shows isdriven by habit and nostalgia, wouldn't there be viewership attrition (if and) when these shows are off-air? We would need many more Ashokas to keep the fiction flag flying high.

Meanwhile, even as new fiction struggles, non-fiction continues to make some impact. It may not feature in the Top 5 this week, but the latest season of India's Got Talent is by far its best. There's little to fault in this reality show that combines outstanding talent with great production, and a jury that should get full marks for their chemistry alone.

I was also impressed by the first two episodes of The Voice India. The format is strikingly different from other singing shows, and the casting of the four coaches makes it a near-coup. I'm curious to see how the show shapes up, especially once the team selection process, the current differentiator, is over.

Yes, there's enough to talk about on the content front, once we shift focus from TAM vs. BARC.

- See more at: http://www.mxmindia.com/2015/06/shailesh-kapoor-getting-used-to-barc/#sthash.OkQ3C3pb.dpuf
-------------------
The top 5 shows - except fr Ashoka all the other shows have been running for a long time.

---------------
Which brings to the reason why these shows run?
May be people watch them out of habit?
Don't think so.
People give new shows a try and they realise that new ones are not worth their time so they switch to these shows IMO.

For instance BV lot of people who don't watch Hindi shows - watch this show.

One more thing peeople who watch SSK and SNS  are way different from people who watch Udaan and BV which are more or less similar.

I think the content in these two shows and the way they stick to the subject the story is all about is also a good enough reason for at least ppl like me.
MaxMayfield thumbnail
I understand the article and ur POV too appy, and yeah that maybe a fair view..
but lets see..3 out of 5 shows there are plain thrash, and not since now, but for a very long time...SNS, SSK and YRK..maybe the competition is lame and as silly or "not as silly"..but if the channel shuts down these shows - rangeela and SP and put up a good show in their places..the audience which was tuning in to garbage..but being loyal viewers for the said timeslot, they may just try out good shows too..

as a viewer I care less about what the channel dynamics are and how they earn money..all I want is good and entertaining content..not a bore art documentary type show or overtly bakwaas twists and turns wala either..strike the right balance..

the same channels once a upon a time have given fine shows like sarabhai, BBB, jassi, left right left, khichdi, BV in its prime, LTL, laddoo, uttaran in its kid days..and when colors started, it did not worry about trps, infact they werent even sure of BV succeeding, since it was supposedly giving off Doordarshan show vibes on paper, but the experiment worked  in their favour? BV took less than 2 months to be the biggest thing - why? becoz it was a good, fresh concept..audience is not as dumb as channel makers think they are..the same audience laps up good shows too..and rejects nonsense mangling like JA and UT in the long run..so why now? why they cant think beyond money, trps, advertisement and try an experiment again..

I have no hopes from SP or zee..zee toh I havent seen a single thing since last 7-8 years on it..

but sony and Colors, have been an on and off viewer of theirs..rangeela lost track on instilling crappiness in its shows and the fanwar with SP, and sony became plain borefest..

udaan is not a patch on BV, whatever I saw of it..they are just trying to repeat BV's success with it..which they did to an extent..but once she grows up, I think that show too will fall apart..
Edited by Hiral_Halwa - 8 years ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
and I saw left right left on sony pal yesterday๐Ÿ˜† oh mahn! ๐Ÿ˜† all of them - arjun, mohan guy from NBT (so not recognizable without stubble๐Ÿ˜†), priyanka bassi, the guy who plays hooda, RK..such raw acting, some under acting, some over acting..from them..but all of them showed sparks of brillance ๐Ÿ˜ณ
PH values wise it was quite dull, since watching it now..but still adorableee show <3
aparnauma thumbnail
I never watched Desi shows on  a regular basis till I was done with my residency and started working.
When I bought a TV and switched it on - there were nothing but daily soaps watched for amost 2 years and stopped watching because I couldn't tell one show from another.Thye all merged into one nonsense show.

Till Rangeela came on I stayed away from Desi nonsense soaps ๐Ÿ˜†

After Rangeela came into existence never switched on sitara.

But even Rangeela they started off with good content and different stories but they all fell back on Saas Bahu Saazish when things got rough. Only BV managed to withstand or even if it bent towards family drama it was irritating but still bearable.

I know for sure if BV gets over I don't think I'll ever watch a Hindi daily soap again.
Muktchand thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Wow Arjun Rampal & Mehr Jessia heading towards divorce as Economics Times news ๐Ÿ˜†
so Suzzane Arjun fling must be true where is Anjy ๐Ÿ˜†