Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sandhya.A thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I did notice  the  alertness in Shivanand's  eyes when the books were mentioned  but what could  it mean unless it wasn't  Shivanand at all but  some Mad-eyed-Moody having  drunk poly juice  potion except that the real  Shivanand  had no hair from which to  make the potion.
I have  stopped  inferring  from flickers and face changes in our serials  as even the tracks executed for days don't  make sense sometimes. 
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Arshics sometimes Guru also has to take tough steps. Tough steps to protect dharma. if you look from Bhairavi's perspective Rudra is the most important person who needs to be protected. If he dies then the war is over. Though with the initial gyaan he is able to do his duty somewhat, he has not fully blossomed. He cannot go into face of with Dansh till he has the right power. In other words the vital organ his heart is protected.

Now I will drew a parallel with Mahabharath. Krishna, Arjun's friend and uncle of Abhimanyu knowing fully well what the fate had in store for the lad took Arjun away from the field to allow Abhi enter Chakravyuh. Krishna knew Arjun know how to enter Chakravyuh and come out, while poor Abhi knew how to enter only. Irrespective of that on 13th day God himself allowed the brutal murder of a 16 year old. Yes I could watch the pitayi of MB yesterday , but neither as a 8 year girl nor as a 32 year old woman I could watch the brutal murder of Abhi on screen. Why did Krishna allow that. Why didn't he allow Arjun to enter Chakravyuh.

Reason Krishna knew Arjun has to be protected at any cost for the victory of the war. If something happens to Arjun Pandavas morale will be lost. For the victory of Dharma Arjun was needed. And Krishna didn't allow Arjun to enter Chakravyuh for the reason Karna possessed a weapon called Shakthi or power which he was planning to use on Arjun. With that weapon Arjun can never come face to face combat with karna because God himself didn't had the defense for that. hence to protect Arjuna Krishna sacrificed Abhi, created the illusion and then sacrificed Ghatolkach so that Shakthi goes. 

For victory of Dharma harsh measures are required. One who knows it will use it. And Krishna didn't explain any of his action to anyone. Because we know MB we find meanings to his actions. Because Krishna's actions are called Leela's, they need to understood only at right time, because if told the intended purpose wont happen.

Same is with the action of Bairavi. if she tells everything the Garuds will not understand it or are not in a position to understand, but in due course they will understand why she did what she did. 

Before coming face to face with Dansh, Rudra has to get the right power by his side or in other words Dansh has to lose his power. For that Bairavi will take harsher measures.
Edited by shruthiravi - 9 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oh, Sandhya, you little wretch!😉

No, my dear, that was no false alarm; MB's warning to Rudra proves it.

I think that Shivanand has now been programmed to act the way he is doing so as to upset Rudra and alienate him from  the most powerful of the garuds bar none, MB. His loud weeping and wailing is totally  unlike Shivanand at any point in the story, and the has been beaten far worse in Poland without letting out the slightest scream.

Plus he probably has a receptor wired into him to pick up all stray bits of conversation in the garud HQ, and relay it back to Dansh and Drish (who is of course now right here at hand!) .Remember that the nagas, with their very effective brain mapping equipment and techniques, seem to be light years ahead of the garuds  in matters of technology.

And even such special powers as Charles, Katharine and Tiwari have are still somnolent.I wonder who is to activate them and which mahurat  they are waiting for!😡 Why has MB not done for them what she did for Rudra? Especially as she harps  a lot on garud  unity and effectiveness?

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: Sandhya.A

I did notice  the  alertness in Shivanand's  eyes when the books were mentioned  but what could  it mean unless it wasn't  Shivanand at all but  some Mad-eyed-Moody having  drunk poly juice  potion except that the real  Shivanand  had no hair from which to  make the potion.

I have  stopped  inferring  from flickers and face changes in our serials  as even the tracks executed for days don't  make sense sometimes. 

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Perfect, my dear Shruthi! 🤗Need I say more?

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Arshics sometimes Guru also has to take tough steps. Tough steps to protect dharma. if you look from Bhairavi's perspective Rudra is the most important person who needs to be protected. If he dies then the war is over. Though with the initial gyaan he is able to do his duty somewhat, he has not fully blossomed. He cannot go into face off with Dansh till he has the right power. In other words the vital organ his heart is protected.

Now I will drew a parallel with Mahabharath. Krishna, Arjun's friend and uncle of Abhimanyu knowing fully well what the fate had in store for the lad took Arjun away from the field to allow Abhi enter Chakravyuh. Krishna knew Arjun know how to enter Chakravyuh and come out, while poor Abhi knew how to enter only. Irrespective of that on 13th day God himself allowed the brutal murder of a 16 year old. Yes I could watch the pitayi of MB yesterday , but neither as a 8 year girl nor as a 32 year old woman I could watch the brutal murder of Abhi on screen. Why did Krishna allow that. Why didn't he allow Arjun to enter Chakravyuh.

I too am yet to watch that episode onscreen. I have never been able to bring myself to do so.

Reason Krishna knew Arjun has to be protected at any cost for the victory of the war. If something happens to Arjun Pandavas morale will be lost. For the victory of Dharma Arjun was needed. And Krishna didn't allow Arjun to enter Chakravyuh for the reason Karna possessed a weapon called Shakti or power which he was planning to use on Arjun. With that weapon Arjun can never come face to face combat with Karna because God himself didn't had the defense for that. hence to protect Arjuna Krishna sacrificed Abhi, created the illusion and then sacrificed Ghatolkach so that Shakti goes. 

For victory of Dharma harsh measures are required. One who knows it will use it. And Krishna didn't explain any of his action to anyone. Because we know MB we find meanings to her actions. Because Krishna's actions are called Leelas, they need to understood only at right time, because if told the intended purpose wont happen.

Same is with the action of Bairavi. if she tells everything the Garuds will not understand it or are not in a position to understand, but in due course they will understand why she did what she did.

She is something far above the other garuds. Listen to her telling the other garuds that she was sparing their lives because eventually they would be doing her work. She is clearly the Krishna of this Mahakumbh, and the only pity is that Rudra does not, as of now, have, for MB, the  faith that Arjuna had in Krishna.

Before coming face to face with Dansh, Rudra has to get the right power by his side or in other words Dansh has to lose his power. For that Bairavi will take harsher measures.

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Shymaladi thank you that you liked it. That is why it is said that if you trust God, trust the way Arjuna trusted Krishna. Never wallow in self pity if something is not happening as per your plan, because he is creating a much larger master plan for you. Just do your duty, he will do the rest.

And coming to Abhimanyu murder in MB even if I read that part in books, tears start rolling from my eyes even without me knowing it. Especially the last part and all where the youngster takes the wheel of the chariot and fight. What a bravery, what a fight till the last minute and the youngster saved Yudhi and the war on 13th day. And to think the real reason of that brutal murder was a stupid game of dice in which the so called Dharmaputr couldn't take any sensible action😡 thanks to his misquoted dharma.

Same with Rudra. Shiva's condition is this pathetic is because of his misplaced sympathy for Leela. losing sight of Shiva when Dansh took the books. Because when Dansh bought Shiva he was sedated, but he was fine. 😡
sp108 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sashashyam

I do not see Bhairavi as capable of being needlessly  cruel; she is not the kind to enjoy inflicting pain. So if she, who is totally dedicated to the  Mission Amrit, does this kind of thing, it is because it is necessary. She is not thrashing Shivanand, but the demon lurking inside him, and this only because there is no other way. Avoiding this beating is a luxury she cannot afford.

Precisely. This is the bottom line. 

The  other garuds  hardly know her, but Rudra the Garuda Pramukh, who exists only because she picked him up, healed him, boosted his morale and guided him, surely should understand her better and have more faith in her actions being rational.

If  he really reveres her as his guru, surely he  should  at least think that there has to be a reason for her totally uncharacteristic behaviour,  and ask her why she thinks it necessary to do this? But he does not, and it is here that he fails. 

Even if Bhairavi doesn't give him answers, still I see no reason why he should lose his faith in her. Besides, if Rudra has faith in Bhairavi, all the Garuds will follow suit. Atleast Charles, TM and Katherine will. DM seems to be more of Rao's shishya for now. I have a feeling that the reason for Bhairavi removing the books is because she suspects Prof. Rao. 

MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Thank you so very much, my dear, but would  you believe it, it was such a drag to write! I do not know how I finally stumbled across the finis line.

Today, Jazzy, I was in stitches all thru, and for  two pins I would have given the relentlessly OTT Shivanand a couple of whacks with that lathi myself, for boring me half to death😉 - though not on his head, poor thing! . Here they are with just 42 episodes left, and almost 2/3 rds of  an episode, spread over yesterday and today, has been devoted to a snivelling, weeping Shivanand!

I think the length of the scene was unnecessarily dragged, otherwise I felt the acting was top-notch. Anybody, even the epitome of beauty Aishwarya Rai, would look terrible when they contort their face in agony, and MW isn't an exception is what I feel. Even the likes of Shobana and Vidya Balan who I consider are very good looking and splendid actresses looked considerably less pleasing to the eyes in their respective movies where they played mentally imbalanced roles.

The garuds  seem right now to be a lost case, what with MB having disappeared (with the Books)  and tthe imperious Garuda Pramukh babbling that he stands for insaniyat, ie admitting Dansh's mole Leela into the garud sanctum sanctorum just on Rudra's say so. He might want his fellow garuds (minus MB) + Rao to forget who Leela is and where she has come from, but you can bet your bottom dollar that she will not!

I agree. I have never been a fan of Rudra and his straight as an arrow moral values. If I were to have a foxhole buddy and Rudra was the only choice available, I would go forward as a lone ranger😆

I see that you subscribe to the mantra  beloved of mystery story writers, the least likely person done it!😉 No, I do not think it is Dr. Rao, and in any case the close up in the precap could have been almost anyone!

I still stand by it.

I do watch Reporters regularly, and I like it a lot.  I am duly flattered that you want me to comment in that  forum, but no thanks, my dear. I have no desire to run into catfights between the fans of Rajeev and those of Kritika, or those of  Krijeev/Rajtika!😉 Plus, it is a nice Mills and Boonish story, and what can there be to analyse there? But if you  should open a thread there, do PM me and I will come and add my tuppennyworth.

I understand your apprehensions in joining the forum😆 You know, I was once a part of the biggest hell zone forum on IF and I totally get your POV about rabid fan bullies😃 But yes, if ever I do post on that forum, I'd definitely DM you😳
Shyamala Aunty

Edited by .Veritaserum - 9 years ago
MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Mahakumbh 78: A contrary view

Folks,

I could as well have titled this In defence of MB, for that is what I felt  like doing after watching an episode that had many here up in arms about MB's excessive violence towards not just Shivanand but also the other 3 garuds, her haughtiness in refusing to explain anything to her fellow garuds, and her generally dictatorial behaviour.In short, the consensus seemed to be that MB had flipped her lid.

I do not believe any such thing, nor would I accuse MB of excessive violence. Let us take the shindy in the library first. The whacks given to the 3 garuds in the library were straight out  of the 1960s mythologicals, especially the blows with a (magic) staff, that used to have kids in  whoops. 😉What was there so serious about that?

Yes, MB could have explained a bit more to the garuds, and perhaps even she seems to be falling prey to the TV soap mantra: never explain even the simplest things in time,  and  end up fomenting  misunderstandings galore.

Rudra falls short: MB  does try to explain her modus operandi  to Rudra,  but does not manage to carry conviction to him, partly because it is his father who is being thrashed so hard, and partly because Rudra turns out, in a crunch situation, to lack the samarpan towards his guru,  and the faith, the vishwas, the shraddha, in the guru,  that are  the hallmarks of a good shishya.

As Shreya (sp108) has put it beautifully in a post on Arshi's latest thread,

Here is Bhairavi who gave you enlightenment, who made you see the true purpose in your life. She gave you punarjanma. Have faith in her. Without Shraddha or faith in the Guru, no one can reach a higher level of understanding. And why doesn't Rudra question himself - can he have more compassion than his Guru? No. Absolutely no. If Bhairavi is beating up Shivanand, it only reflects her compassion. But what kind of Shishya are you who can't see the compassion and concern of your Guru?

I agree with her cent per cent. But then Rudra has always been  a weakling in the spirit, unable to think a thing out for himself, swayed by instant emotions,  and always having to cling to someone else's mind in order to be able to formulate his own ideas. The sole exception to this rule was the bombs incident, but it now seems to be the exception that proves the rule.  In this, he resembles the invariably mahaan  TV soap bahus, except that he is the wrong gender! 😉So it not surprising that at crunch time, he is found wanting.

Instead, he is,  as usual,   facilely emotional, babbling about insaaniyat  and how he cannot see anyone in pain. I begin to wonder why they ever made him the Garuda Pramukh. It  is ironic that  his first sally into insaaniyat is directed at a non-insaan,  the naga mole Leela.😉

Sinister hint about Shivanand: Besides, so overwrought is he that he does not even grasp a key point in what MB  told him, a point  that struck me. If he had grasped the significance of her  warning, it would have been crucial to his under standing of what is really going on.

This is about  MB hissing at him not to discuss the Two Books in front of Shivanand, for then they would not be safe.

For that one instant, as Shivanand's face was shown in the gap between Rudra and MB, I spotted a fleeting look of sly satisfaction in his eye, as if someone else were looking out of his eyes and observing the MB-Rudra spat with malicious satisfaction.

The next instant it was gone, and I wondered if I had imagined it. But after factoring in MB's warning to Rudra, I  am sure that I was correct. Even otherwise, Shivanand's weeping and moaning and yelling seem greatly overdone.

I now feel  it was all a sham,  and  that Dansh's poison  is slowly eviscerating  the garud in Shivanand and replacing with a sinister substitute, a naga mole. I have not seen the latest promo, but I am told it hints at something like this.

If this is true, the blowback  of Rudra's  lack of faith in MB will be terrible,  for  then  he   will face an enemy in his own camp, his former Baba. It might then be almost too late. But only almost , as this is a fairy story, not real life!

The pitayi: But as  for the beating Shiva got, it was nothing, but nothing  compared to the way in which Dansh murdered Daadi, with intense relish, and then killed 2 gagged victims in cold blood just to addle Shiva's brains. Not many here were bothered with that truly sadistic violence, whereas MB's pitayi seems to be raising a lot of   hackles.  I cannot comprehend this.

In fact, after the first shock to the viewer, it seemed to be straight out of the (invariably violent) Tom and Jerry cartoons. I was in stitches, and for  two pins I would have given the relentlessly OTT Shivanand a couple of whacks with that lathi myself, for boring me half to death😉 - though not on his head, poor thing! Here they are with just 42 episodes left, and almost 2/3 rds of  an episode, spread over yesterday and today, has been devoted to a snivelling, weeping Shivanand!

Then again, we know that MB is acting for the good of the garuds,  which is a crucial factor.

Need for faith : I do agree that it looked very off-putting simply because the perpetrator was MB, the epitome of wisdom among the garuds. But for that very reason, should we not avoid reacting like Rudra and condemning her out of hand?

Given that  she is wise and all knowing - something that she has proved repeatedly in the recent past   - and that but for her presence and her powers, the garuds, beginning with Rudra,  would be in an even sorrier state than they are now, should not Rudra have had more faith in her?  if she does seem to be thrashing his Baba with what looks like unacceptable harshness, should he not have tried to find out why she is doing this? 

It looked to me too strange that one can leach poison out of a person by beating him, but Shreya has pointed out that "when Bhairavi is beating up Shivanand, he tries to put all his strength to break the shackles. And that gives Bhairavi hope and she continues beating him up. It is the poison which has made him unaware of his powers. And Bhairavi is beating the bhoot/poison out of him".

Even without noting all this, Rudra, who owes his punarjanma   to her, should have never assumed that she is doing wrong. On the contrary, he should have taken it for granted  that there had to be a valid reason for what she was doing and he should have asked her what it was.

But he does nothing of the  kind, and  literally drives her away with a Garud Pramukh ka aadesh. He will soon find out the consequences of his lack of faith.

Red carpet for the naga mole: Rudra then proceeds to commit his first new folly: accepting Leela into the  garuda fold, and ordering his fellow garuds (minus MB) + Rao to forget who Leela is and where she has come from, but you can bet your bottom dollar that she will not!

So I was right and Dansh has smuggled her into the garud  camp, after slapping her hard  enough to draw blood and make it convincing for her to pose as a shoshit abla naari,  no, shoshit abla naagin. Now there is a chap who knows what he wants and how to get it. The garuds,  headed by Rudra, know neither.😲

The Naga tunnel: Drish has started drilling in the Mahakumbh area,  which reminded me of Ocean's Thirteen and the tunnelling under the Las Vegas casinos. Well, we mock our scripts, but there,  they mentioned specifically that they had brought the Chunnel tunnelling drill. Can you imagine that digging under a casino? The whole gaming floor would have collapsed first thing. But they were not at all bothered with that huge bloomer in the script!😉 Nor, it seems, were the audiences that made the film a hit!

Shyamala/Aunty/Di/Akka

What Bhairavi did was unconventional; it doesn't matter to her, in order to achieve the end (to cure Shiva and make him return to his original state), the means don't matter.  I do understand where Rudra is coming from; he does not realize his dad is possessed or acting in front of him, so his resounding protests and remonstrations fall into deaf ears as Bhairavi knows the truth. But my only qualm here is that, HOW is beating going to cure Shiva?Where is the logic behind beating someone who is mentally disoriented going  to restore normalcy? To me, she looked like one of  those Victorian era witch hunter; her actions equally regressive and extremely harsh. 

Something I'd written yesterday. 

When the Garud Chins were revealed one by one, starting with Rudra to Bhairavi, it was so obvious that 7 Garuds constitute 7 different parts of the body with Rudra being the backbone of the team. Why must it be taken in the strictly literal sense of  the term and Bhairavi has to reiterate every now and then?  Just because Bhairavi says Shivanand is the HEAD or the BRAIN behind the working of the team, the rest don't use their own brains? Why aren't the Garuds self-driven? Even common folks are career driven, when hit by a roadblock or setback, they collect themselves back or at least attempt to and carry on trying. But here?

The torture/murder scenes, the tasteless and meaningless and chemistry-less love story were dragged to death -- yet, the most important back story of Bhairavi is not being shown( I don't even think they plan to show, or when they do it will be too late). The writing is very pedestrian, uninspired, pretentious ( barring a few gems) and filled with innumerable loopholes that my suspension-o'-disbelief meter simply refuses to work any more
Edited by .Veritaserum - 9 years ago
Sandhya.A thumbnail

Originally posted by: sp108

I have a feeling that the reason for Bhairavi removing the books is because she suspects Prof. Rao. 

Wow. One more believer (along with me) that Prof. Rao is going to be the No.1 bad  boss. In the final episodes  we will have him with coloured lights  all around, one shoe numbered  8 and the other 9 and Mona Darling close by his side.🤣
Sandhya.A thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

And coming to Abhimanyu murder in MB even if I read that part in books, tears start rolling from my eyes even without me knowing it. Especially the last part and all where the youngster takes the wheel of the chariot and fight. What a bravery, what a fight till the last minute and the youngster saved Yudhi and the war on 13th day. And to think the real reason of that brutal murder was a stupid game of dice in which the so called Dharmaputr couldn't take any sensible action😡 thanks to his misquoted dharma.

Shruthi  
remember ,  in the star plus Mahabharat, karna tells Abhimanyu  just before he drives the sword  into  him to alleviate  him of his pain that the war had meant to him as a stage to prove who the better warrior  was - Arjun  or himself. But Abhi just stole the limelight.⭐️

The casting and  performance  of  both  the  actors was wonderful.

Coming  to  Yudhishtir and his dharma, his behaviour  in the  dyut krida, it was like multiplying all his goodness by -1. 😡 For all his mahaan bhaashans  on dharma and kartavya, he is still quoted mostly  for gambling. He is a proof of how much gambling  can cloud the thinking and cause the fall  of even the wisest. All his mahaanta gets blurred in front  of his lone weakness. And deservedly  so.😡

Edited by Sandhya.A - 9 years ago
Previous
1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Next