Take 5 - Episode 6

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

I thought I'll enumerate the highlights of the episode in five points. So, here we go.

Episode 6 - Take 5

1.     The KaYa scenes

The KaYa meet(s) were well-defined. We could see how Ananya isn't nervous/ "aklaati budbudaati" reporter. In fact, she has been labelled as Baagi' which isn't a bad sign at all. She very bravely, I might as well congratulate her guts, not many have the "dum" in them to confront their senior and even comment they have been sold!

Goshness, this woman. I should take inspiration from her. xD She brought out in clear terms that Kabir was her hero and he isn't anymore because he has changed.

That is very deciding. Has he changed? We don't know. We are yet to figure out. The answer to the question lies in the past. We may not even know until we get Kabir's POV. According to Ananya, he was interested more in truth than ratings. Was he actually like that? Did he not bother about the popularity of his newspaper (He was working there, Delhi Kranti) more than the fact that he wanted to expose wrong doings and uphold truth?

We don't know as yet. But, it is a valid question.

I will elaborate on Ananya being a rebel further down but one small thing. Kabir calls Trisha, Trisha, Malvika, Malvika, Rohan, Ronny, Manav, even Khaled by name. Khaled is much older!

Why Ananya as Miss Kashyap? Small point but, I think we will have some sequence where he calls her Ananya. I would have preferred him calling her Ananya though.

Another point. Did he take the footage or not? I'll talk about it later in detail. xD

2First War of Independence and Delhi Kranti - Kabir contradicts himself

He casually but lethally mentions the 1857 Uprising. Some call it a mutiny, some call it a War. He meant it as a mutiny. I am sure, most of you know about it already, still, it is called a mutiny, because the Indian soldiers rebelled and protested against the cartridge that was being used which had some cow and pig skin/fat in it. Google it if you want to know in detail.

Ya, so, Ronny, in the same casual tone mentions it can be called Aazaadi ki Pehli Ladaai. Very indicative isn't it? Ananya is a rebel and she could be fighting for freedom in the organisation. He supported her impartially. I am liking the characterization of the various characters in this show.

But. Kabir was working in a newspaper company called Delhi Kranti, easily translated as Delhi Revolution meaning, they bring out revolutionary news. Unconventional. Rebellious.

He being a rebel can't stand another one?

Very suggestive about his character. He wants undiluted power. Or does he?

3. Kabir - the Messiah of Truth

I kinda expected him to air the news once they showed him on screen. I mean the statement.

I like the final minute when we have Kabir saying things. I noticed and understood it isn't in sync with the rest of the episode because it is for the audience. If they show that everyday, it would be like a trademark for the show, like Balika Vadhu shows that quote or message. I like the last minute learnings you get from Kabir himself.

So, he aired the statement, sting operation etc. basically proving that Nidhi is innocent and asked everybody to decide after analyzing all aspects of truth.

We need to know both sides to any story and only then can we make a good and right decision.

Now, we have two contrasts to a single man called Kabir Sharma:

A. He is someone who wants power, position and success, rather ratings. He is ready to do anything for it. And he doesn't care about truth, justice etc. because he feels it is the duty of kanoon' and the Court to decide not for him. But, he refuted the fact that he influences, rather, they are influencing peoples' decision which may go a long way in deciding justice as well. He said something about defamation. Clearly, that is nonsense. It is plain twisting of rules.

He said Nidhi would blame someone WHO will file a defamation suit. But, THEY blaming Nidhi is also cause for filing the same suit by Nidhi! It doesn't matter whether she is in remand home or some other home. So, that was either an excuse or refusal to accept one's wrong. One of the two.

B. Now, this is THE Kabir Sharma we have HEARD about it, or saw for a few moments yesterday. He stands for truth. Helps people, doesn't support wrong. Right. Agreed. He did that yesterday, conducted a sting operation, aired her statement and even said in a democracy we need to exercise our rights with care.

I am not elaborating on this point. Enough has been said in the show in clear terms.

My question. For Kabir, Truth, Goodness and Success don't go together. He said so. He comes across as someone who wants success, so should be caring a damn about Truth with a big T.

But, yesterday, he did something exactly opposite.

So, who exactly is Kabir Sharma? Someone who believes in truth and goodness and success or someone who believes in truth giving two ounces about success or someone who believes in success alone not caring about truth?

This is what I want the show to explore. And, RK is doing a fabulous job! I don't think anyone else can portray the calmness, anger, ferocity, kindness, indifference, determination and egoistic behavior like he does! Kudos!

4. Manav - Autocracy - Truth - Criminal

Summing up Manav's contribution in one point, I'd say, yesterday his dialogues and acting were brilliant so to say. He is a defeated and sidelines reporter. Someone who aimed for the stars but ended up losing the solid ground he had and now is in the nether world. xD

His outburst in the office IS again something that suggests a lot about Kabir's character. In one meeting, TWO employees walk out from the Editor's meeting. What does this suggest about the Editor? Loads.

So, Manav's comment on Kabir having a very autocratic behavior is true as far as we have seen. He raises a valid question. If there is a statement, why is it not aired? So, we know, others apart from Ananya too, have the same issue. We now, know, she is NOT exaggerating.

Autocratic leaders don't work anywhere. Not even in countries, not in organisations, nowhere! It shows you are insecure about others giving their opinions and getting their freedom and aren't too sure about YOUR own leadership. We still don't know if KS is autocratic. Remember, that episode, he made coffee for everyone! Point noted. Another pehlu to this mystery man.

Okay, Manav - Malvika conversation was decisive on two points.

A.      Manav is more sensible than we give him credit for. We don't know what HE would have done in Kabir's position. He may NOT have aired the statement. He may have. We know he is not some truthful Harishchandra because he got Bhaskar sacked.

But, he isn't a hooligan either. He wants the position. And, he is balanced enough to point out that KKN isn't going on the right path IF this were to continue. It would become an entertainment channel showing paid news. We know this did not happen. But, there is fear of it happening, is what he says. True. Exact. Perfect. He hit the bull's eye.

B.      Malvika is more stupid than I thought. So far, she has been the biggest disappointment for me. Even more than that blonde, who knows the gossip and all. The first episode she seemed very business minded with a cool head. I went as far to say she would be a professional b*tch someone who isn't good but isn't a vamp.

But, clearly, she is another chic vying for attention. She doesn't mind what is happening NOT because she wants KKN to grow, that would have been palatable but because Kabir is handling all of it. I find her stupid and childish.

5. Ananya Resigns and Kabir accepts

So Ananya pulls all strings to try and air the statement, talks to Khaled who just calls himself Mother in law, good going boy. xD

And, she decided to quit. I like that. One more point of learning. Don't make promises unless you know you can fulfil them. You can't fulfil all promises in life.

Kabir accepts it. It was more funny than anything else. He asked her, do I frame it then? Damn funny. I don't know,  Kabir acts very condescendingly with Ananya as if she is a petulant child instead of a journalist though she talks about ethics and everything.

Do give in your views. I'll enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing this one. In fact, give in alternate points. πŸ˜‰

Edited by najma123 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maha149 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Midblowning yr outstanding
sunet27taherian thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
if someone read your analysis then she need not to watch episodsπŸ˜† just kidding!πŸ˜ƒ but awesome analysis!πŸ‘
Antara123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunet27

if someone read your analysis then she need not to watch episodsπŸ˜† just kidding!πŸ˜ƒ but awesome analysis!πŸ‘

Really? xD Is that a compliment or criticism? Jo bhi ho, accepted! Thank you cutie! <3
-Devanshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
I concur with most of your points except the one related to Manav. I think he will end up being the jealous green monster who lost everything to the new guy and hence his sole aim in life is going to be destroy everything the new guy sets his eyes on. He will be the guy who will put obstacles in every news piece that Kabir covers and he will manipulate anyone and everyone. We are going to have a male vamp :O :O
As for Malvika I knew she is superficial and she doesn't give a shit about the channel but only wants the most handsome guy, I'm pretty sure she is going to try and make a move on Kabir. Ohh and once she sees the developments between Kabir and Miss Kashyap, she will try and bring her down in Kabir's eyes. So she is going to be plain bitchy

Kabir-Ananya's track I can't wait for it to unfold ya. It's going to be really fun to watch. I bet Kabir must feel like Ananya is his younger self when he started out which is why I think he is pushing her with all that proving herself and shizz. 

Also on a completely unrelated note, am I the only one who thinks that rohan guy slightly resembles Robin from the dark knight rises? :P
Edited by -Devanshi- - 9 years ago
Antara123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Devanshi-

I concur with most of your points except the one related to Manav. I think he will end up being the jealous green monster who lost everything to the new guy and hence his sole aim in life is going to be destroy everything the new guy sets his eyes on. He will be the guy who will put obstacles in every news piece that Kabir covers and he will manipulate anyone and everyone. We are going to have a male vamp :O :O

As for Malvika I knew she is superficial and she doesn't give a shit about the channel but only wants the most handsome guy, I'm pretty sure she is going to try and make a move on Kabir. Ohh and once she sees the developments between Kabir and Miss Kashyap, she will try and bring her down in Kabir's eyes. So she is going to be plain bitchy

Kabir-Ananya's track I can't wait for it to unfold ya. It's going to be really fun to watch. I bet Kabir must feel like Ananya is his younger self when he started out which is why I think he is pushing her with all that proving herself and shizz. 

Also on a completely unrelated note, am I the only one who thinks that rohan guy slightly resembles Robin from the dark knight rises? :P

Havent watched that. xD I cant be sure... Probably M and M would end up as vamps and bitches...  What I merely said was, yesterday, his points made sense. xD I dint predict his character ahead. Anyways, coming to what you said, I think Khalid will put him in place as he is doing now. And, Kabir isnt like Bhaskar, the old editor, he isnt weak. Kabir is a strong guy. I think Manav wont be able to do anything. Even his attempts would be futility at its best. Regarding Malvika, okay, I dont even want a full blown romance for the duo, because, well, this one wont be good mushy and all, so, even if they are in a relationship, if they show a diplomatic one, i'll be pleased. Where Malvika is concerned, I hope they dont screw up her character like that. I dont want a cheap PR Head or whatever she is. Tahts going to be pathetic. Lastly, thanks for giving in your views, so I could give in my views on them... :) :):)  Oh. and nice view point you have! 
frustrated12233 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Woooh man!!!  r u some professional  analyst. Or something???? 
Im bowled!!!!  πŸ‘πŸΌ
Itna to kbhi socha h ni...🀣
Loved reading ur perspective... 
Well may b kabir is upto smthng...m sure thr is sm reason y he calls her by surname instead of Ananya itself!!! Goood point n same pinch!πŸ˜†
Kudos to u as well!!!
I loved ths 1 to d core!!! Soo so true!!

This is what I want the show to explore. And, RK is doing a fabulous job! I don't think anyone else can portray the calmness, anger, ferocity, kindness, indifference, determination and egoistic behavior like he does! Kudos!