• Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago

Kiku Sharda: When I visit Jodhpur, I feel like I'm making my dad happy

Richa Shukla,TNN | Apr 22, 2015, 12.00 AM IST

Kiku Sharda: When I visit Jodhpur, I feel like I'm making my dad happy
Kiku Sharda

Kiku Sharda, also known as Palak from 
Comedy Nights With Kapil, was recently in his home town Jodhpur to promote his show Har Mushkil Ka Hal Akbar-Birbal with co-actor Delnaaz Paul. "I feel very connected with the city. My father, who was born and brought up in Jodhpur, also has a special place for it in his heart. I have never lived here, but it's my birth place. Living in Mumbai, my dad misses everything related to the city, but he keeps a close tab on the Marwari community, actors from Rajasthan and so on. So whenever I visit this place, I feel like I am making him happy," he told JT.

While touring the city, Kiku also took Delnaaz to a famous food joint. He said, "Travelling to Jodhpur also gives me an opportunity to gorge on the delicacies that are only available in this region of Rajasthan. Delnaaz also had a great time and enjoyed dal, baati and churma.People from Jodhpur survive on sweets, so if there is no mithai, I don't feel satisfied" 
Despite his hectic schedule, Kiku managed to meet his relatives. "Being in the entertainment industry, I can't manage to attend family gatherings, but if I am in Jodhpur, I don't miss the opportunity to meet my cousins and their families. I also stole a few hours and went shopping, but it was work-related. Playing the character of Akbar on my show, I have to buy many pairs of mojris (Jodhpuri jooti), and there is no better place than Jodhpur to buy them. I also bought traditional kurta-pyjamas for my little boys Aryan and Shaurya," he said.

Kiku, who is known for his comedy shows, has no qualms that he is typecast as a comedian. "I love doing comedy shows as I get to spend the entire day laughing while working. I am not an ambitious person and have no passion to win an Oscar. Comedy is something I enjoy thoroughly. Satisfaction is far more important than anything else.
"
Posted: 8 years ago
Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/Kiku-Sharda-When-I-visit-Jodhpur-I-feel-like-Im-making-my-dad-happy/articleshow/47001081.cms