Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crazypheonix008 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Then it must be true, because Arjuna's birth was sometime in spring.

Yeah, Arjuna was born in the Phalguna month right?
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Phalguna month, or in Uttar Phalguni star? I think the later is correct. Uttar Phalguni star does not tell us which month it was.
Originally posted by: Urmila11

Phalguna month, or in Uttar Phalguni star? I think the later is correct. Uttar Phalguni star does not tell us which month it was.

maybe I don't know much about it but I'd read that he's named Phalguni because he was born in the Phalguna month but fictionalized versions are never too dependable 😆
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Checked it. Arjun telling Uttar in Virat Parva, "My name is Phalgun because I was born when Uttar Phalguni and Purva Phalguni stars were together." That does not speak for any particular month.

Checked it. Arjun telling Uttar in Virat Parva, "My name is Phalgun because I was born when Uttar Phalguni and Purva Phalguni stars were together." That does not speak for any particular month.

Yeah. Thanks BTW. Have you read the KMG version of Pandu's death?
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

But I think Arjuna was roughly six months younger than Krishna... so that places him somewhere in spring, doesn't it? I think it is mentioned in one of those, "Mahabharata Timeline" posts...