Is it true that Pandu died on Arjuna's birthday?

Share
Posted: 2015-04-21T00:40:24Z
I had read this somewhere and I'm curious whether its true or not. Since you guys from the mytho masti forum know a lot about the scriptures I thought about asking here. Hope someone knows Smile
0 Likes this
Posted: 2015-04-21T01:01:53Z

Yes there is a description that it was Arjuna's birthday and Pandu died on that day.. I remember reading article on the same, though we've to check what CE says .. 
1 Likes this
Posted: 2015-04-21T01:17:09Z
There is an article which claims so, but source of this information was not clear in that article. Author did not mention his source as I can remember. But I did not find this in epic (Neelkantha version which I mostly read). I think this is not mentioned in CE either. Only Southern may have something in detail, I have to check. Southern has a detailed narration on Pandu's death, that I can remember.
1 Likes this
Posted: 2015-04-21T01:23:47Z
Originally posted by Urmila11


There is an article which claims so, but source of this information was not clear in that article. Author did not mention his source as I can remember. But I did not find this in epic (Neelkantha version which I mostly read). I think this is not mentioned in CE either. Only Southern may have something in detail, I have to check. Southern has a detailed narration on Pandu's death, that I can remember.
I remember an article by prof IB where he says Pandu died while Arjuna's 14th b'day celebration was going on but he dismisses it because a 14 yr old boy will not say 'taat ' to his grandfather and sit on his lap ... To know exactly Southern edition should be looked into to know exact details .. 
1 Likes this
Posted: 2015-04-21T06:42:36Z
I too first came across it in Prof. IB's article. He's quite learned so maybe it is mentioned in some text. maybe in the southern version like you guys stated. If its true, it seems very sad Unhappy Losing your parents on what is supposed to be the happiest day of your life.Anyway thanks for the information @Urmila and @Maverick_me Smile Edited by Crazypheonix008 - 2015-04-21T06:43:44Z
0 Likes this
Posted: 2015-04-21T06:52:00Z
I heard this somewhere... when someone was narrating this part of MB, (s)he said since it was Arjuna's birthday, Kunti and the children had gone to the temple, leaving Madri and Pandu behind, and the rest is history.
1 Likes this
Posted: 2015-04-21T06:54:46Z
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt


I heard this somewhere... when someone was narrating this part of MB, (s)he said since it was Arjuna's birthday, Kunti and the children had gone to the temple, leaving Madri and Pandu behind, and the rest is history.


thanks for sharing Smile as I wrote earlier, its quite sad
1 Likes this
Posted: 2015-04-21T07:03:01Z
Originally posted by Crazypheonix008




thanks for sharing Smile as I wrote earlier, its quite sad
I know, just imagine, getting such a birthday present... Ouch
0 Likes this

Related Topics

Topics Author Replies Views Last Post Reply
moonglade 59 1356 2016-10-11T08:40:56Z Seraphina231
OS: You are my Saviour (Kunti-Pandu)

Radhikerani   64   2034

Radhikerani 64 2034 2016-08-04T05:05:36Z Radhikerani
ltelidevara 4 365 2018-05-25T03:08:09Z RisingPhoenix
ltelidevara 116 3844 2017-11-25T10:34:53Z ltelidevara
Arjuna and Narada - the two gopikas

Surya_krsnbhakt   4   498

Surya_krsnbhakt 4 498 2014-07-15T05:12:11Z Surya_krsnbhakt

Topic Info

  • 15 Replies
  • 869Views

Topic started by Crazypheonix008

Last replied by Surya_krsnbhakt

FORUM QUICK JUMP

TOP