Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ireena7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
Parth Samthaan: Niti & I don't need to be best friends
Ano Patel,TNN | Apr 17, 2015, 12.00 AM IST
TV heartthrob Parth Samthaan clears the air about his rapport with co-star and talks about how he handles rumors in a candid chat with AT. He took social media by storm when he recently announced his decision to 'quit' his current youth show. Refuting reports after a month long silence, Parth Samthaan who's become a TV hottie thanks to his stint in 'Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan', says, "I am going to stick to KY2," quickly adding, "For now!" 

In a candid chat with Ahmedabad Times, the 24-yearold spoke about how he is different from his on screen character, how he is not bothered by rumours and why it is not so important to be friends with one's co-star. Excerpts: 

Was acting always a career choice? Acting was the only thing on my mind as a career choice. I took up modeling to create a sort of a base before taking the next big step. Modeling has been a great experience, but it is not as interesting as acting. I hadn't planned on how I would go about acting, but when the first show was offered to me, I felt that doing a youth show would definitely help me.

READ: Parth Samthaan confirms he's not quitting 'Kaisi Ye Yaariaan' as for now 

Your on screen character is a college heartthrob with lots of attitude. Are you similar in real life? Attitude wise, yes I am like Manik, but that's about it. The real Parth is very different from Manik and has very different habits. Manik is very passionate when it comes to love and portrays a range of emotions, but Parth has not found love in real life yet, and he is not that expressive either. 

A lot is written about you all the time. How do you handle the good and the bad stuff that comes your way? Avoid! I do not read any stories written about me. I have found some funny, strange things written about me sometimes when I did read something, but it does not bother me. I know there will always be people who will keep poking and telling me what to do what not to do. 

Do you do the same with female adulation? There have been a lot of crazy fan instances but I prefer not to talk about them as it would look like I'm bragging. 

It was said that you were planning to quit the show as you don't get along with your co-star Niti (Taylor). I don't think it is that important to share a cordial relationship with co-stars. We are all professional actors and it ultimately depends on our on screen chemistry. If we are not being able to pull it off on screen, then people would suggest to us that we should be friends off screen too. Niti and I have different hobbies and interests, so we indulge in our own activities when we're not shooting and hang out with our own set of friends. 

Are you going to be a part of the desi version of Game of Thrones? I have decided not to take it up and passed it. There is a lot of criticism coming along from people but let me tell you, and this has also been clarified by the makers, the upcoming show is not based on GOT! Yes, they have taken inspiration from some characters and included some traits, maybe the backdrop or setup might be similar. But audiences have assumed it is a Hindi remake from whatever bits and pieces they have heard. 

What do you like to do when you're not acting? Right now, I really need some peace of mind! And I am not being able to get that. So whenever I get some free time, I take off to Pune and spend time with my friends there, or just some good 'me' time.

Loved the article. Love Parth Samthaan

TFS Sharon๐Ÿค—
MaNanmatic_Sana thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
TFS sharon
Do you do the same with female adulation? There have been a lot of crazy fan instances but I prefer not to talk about them as it would look like I'm bragging. 

๐Ÿ˜ŠIntelligent... not a show off 
Edited by MaNanmatic_Sana - 9 years ago
A lot is written about you all the time. How do you handle the good and the bad stuff that comes your way? Avoid! I do not read any stories written about me. I have found some funny, strange things written about me sometimes when I did read something, but it does not bother me. I know there will always be people who will keep poking and telling me what to do what not to do.  

๐Ÿ‘ We don't also bother... we think u as a human... not superhuman... choice is urs

"I am going to stick to KY2," quickly adding, "For now!" 

๐Ÿ˜†Definitely...u shud run away b4 the show becomes hectic...Don't worry about us๐Ÿ˜ƒ
U have to do better things naa...

ashmitaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Right now, I really need some peace of mind! And I am not being able to get that. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

m really hurt after reading this..๐Ÿ˜ญ
and i know why he said this...i request them at least now stop spreading rumors and let him live peacefully..! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

i hope he get his peace of mind and heart very soon..!๐Ÿ˜Š
i wish him all the best for his bright future..!
Parthโค๏ธ

tfs..!
ashmitaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MaNanmatic_Sana

๐Ÿ˜†Definitely...u shud run away b4 the show becomes hectic...Don't worry about us๐Ÿ˜ƒ

no ..i cant live without him๐Ÿ˜ญ
better u say...let the show end on a happy note..๐Ÿ˜ƒ
with Parth..and only him Portraying Manik Malhotra...he will be happy..and me 2๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Riya-111 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MaNanmatic_Sana

It may be funny, but whenever quitting case has come, Parth always adds term  for now. This term always scares me a lot. But I want kyy to be the first youth show in lndia which will always remain in first position. Parth and Niti should be ended as manan in the show till end. Then show should go off air otherwise not. But kyy is extremely popular even if worldwide. Some of my friends of UK have also mentioned about show popularity. 
Are you going to be a part of the desi version of Game of Thrones? I have decided not to take it up and passed it. There is a lot of criticism coming along from people but let me tell you, and this has also been clarified by the makers, the upcoming show is not based on GOT! Yes, they have taken inspiration from some characters and included some traits, maybe the backdrop or setup might be similar. But audiences have assumed it is a Hindi remake from whatever bits and pieces they have heard. 

๐Ÿ˜›Thanks for sharing that buddy... media gave us wrong idea and we were played by them to overreact... Sorry if I said anything or made any PJs that would hurt you if you heard... yes I had been stupid audience about it... and bad fan... Hope and pray u get your piece of mind
diva82 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
So basically he has in not so many terms, said that "if onscreen chemistry wasn't good, then they would be friends"

Yep, you can't have such awesome chemistry and be friends, we get it. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Edited by diva82 - 9 years ago