Indulekha00 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

A full circle

As he was about to start the car she opened the door and quickly slid into the seat next to him.

"What?" he barked.

"I'm sorry Manik. I know I made a big mistake. I am so sorry."

He turned his face and looked straight ahead ignoring her pleading eyes.

"Manik," she clutched his arm "please don't be mad at me."

He deliberately removed her hand from his sleeve and leaned sideways to push open the door on her side.

She stared at the face that showed no sign of relenting. Well, if he is stubborn so can she be. She jerked close the door.

"I am not getting out until you accept my apology" she folded her hand across her chest and leaned back.

"seriously?" he glared.

"Yes , seriously ."she glared right back.

"Okay, fine."

"fine?" she asked hopefully "does that mean you accept..." He engaged the door locks , confusing her for a moment.

"No it means..." he pressed his foot down on the accelerator, "...you can take a ride with me to my home."

"Manik!" she screeched. "you can't do that... chacha chachi..." she saw her home fading into distance.

"Not my problem." Manik replied not bothered by her panic. " you were the one who insisted that you won't leave the car."

"But.."

Manik's phone rang and he signaled her to stop. "Your phone, " he informed, "must be chachiji."

He extended the phone towards her. She looked at it as if it might explode, "oh! What do I say?"

"The truth?"

"But.."

"Are you going to answer it or shall I?"

Not waiting for her answer he accepted the call, "haan chachi, Nandini is with me."

"..."

"She was so stressed about the concert and felt some fresh air will clear her mind. Don't worry I'll bring her home safe."

"Thanks" Nandini smiled in relief as he put the phone away.

"I didn't do it for you," he retorted. " I didn't want chachiji worried."

Nandini saw that he still had the tough coconut face.

"Manik I know I should have told you about pandi.."she jerked forward when the car stopped suddenly causing her head to bang on the dashboard. "ouch!" moisture pooled in her eyes due to pain. Manik turned her face towards him and pushed away her hand to examine the hurt himself.

His long fingers rubbed the spot delicately, soothingly. She drew in a breath, as much affected by his nearness  as the gentle ministrations ..his the sudden switch from angry monster Manik to a gentle lover. He couldn't bear to see her in pain. Then why couldn't he understand that she felt the same about him. He was already in so much emotional turmoil with Dhruv's behaviour and her blurting out the truth to Dhruv had just made matters worse. So how could she tell him about Panditji inviting himself over for dinner and add another layer to his problems.

She raised her hand to touch his cheek, "It's okay. I am not hurt." She reassured.

His fingers trailed down her face to brush away the moisture that clung to her lashes, "don't you know you should wear the seat belt?"

His voice was soft and deep edged with concern and love. The careless caress of his fingers on her cheek was making her feel breathless.

"I didn't know I was going for a ride." Her murmured words reminded him of the reason for her being in the car in the first place and with it a lot more. His hands dropped away.  After taking another moment to gaze at her, he turned away to switch on the ignition, "I'll take you back home."

"Manik," she stayed his hand by holding it. "Please understand, I lied because I didn't want to upset you."

"Seriously? You think keeping secrets from me and lying to me is the best way to keep be from being 'upset'? He gestured the quotes with his hands.

"I didn't think.. I thought..." When he put it that way his anger was right, she thought.

He shook his head in exasperation and opened the door to get out, slamming it close with excessive force .

She too got out of the car and circled it to approach him. He stood with his hands buried deep in his pockets, with a stillness that spoke of suppressed anger that was about to explode.

But it was imperative that she should make him understand her point of view. How could she go back home and sleep when he was so mad at her? Aiyappa! how could she spend a moment away from him knowing he was so upset?

"Manik, I understand I made a mistake... but my intentions were not wrong. I know I made a big mistake by lying to you. .. but you were already so stressed with Dhruv's matter, how could I add another burden on you? And trust me I was sure I could handle this.. it was not like I would be alone with Panditji even for a minute.. not with chacha, chachi and Rishab being there."

She stepped forward closer to him, "If you are still mad at me, I would do anything to make it up to you... I promise anything."

She put her hand around him and hugged him tight, pressing her face on his broad back, willing him to relax, to let go of the anger that had him in its grip.

"Please Manik" she whispered tearfully.

Like always, he couldn't resist her ... neither her tearful reasoning nor her soothing touch. She could always knock down the walls of rage he build up within minutes, may be that is one of the things that made her perfect for him .. "made for each other " wasn't that Cabir claimed them to be?

So if she gave him lessons in anger management may be he could give her one too... he smirked.

"Anything, Nandini?" he asked turning slowly to face her. "Are you willing to do anything'?

"Yes," She nodded her head once in assent.

"Okay then, let us see." He leaned down holding her gaze captive with his. Tilting his head slightly he brought his face closer to hers. His gaze shifted to her lips, making his wish clear without any words. Then his eyes shifted back to hers and he quirked his eyebrows in challenge.

"You know what to do, right?" he teased.

She took a steadying breath. Yes she knew and you can do it Nandini, she reassured herself. You just have to reach up and touch your lips to his...you know you love him.

"What?" he asked amused by the play of expressions  on her face.

Before that...

She covered his eyes with her right hand. "Shhh.."

She placed her free hand on his shoulder to steady herself. Now reach up and touch your lips to his, she commanded herself.

She could feel the tremor that threatened with the rapid beat of her heart. Ignoring it she  purposefully  raised herself on tiptoe. His warm breath fell on her lips and her nose brushed his. She closed her eyes with the  determination  to cover that mere inches that would make her reach the goal.

The pull on her hand that covered his eyes distracted her resolve. But even as she was about to protest about cheating, she felt him shift away.

Her bewildered eyes encountered his gentle ones, shimmering with tenderness that made her throat ache.

"We will stick to your original promise... I will wait until the fusion concert for you to prove your... courage." He placed his hand on her face cupping her cheek, "okay?'

She nodded her head in agreement with much more enthusiasm and 'oh-so-obvious relief' that he was willing to permit.

His thumb brushed her lips in a caress, " But if you are so 'disappointed', then may be.." he leaned closer again.

"Manik!"  She pushed him away.

He laughed and pulled her into his arms for a hug. Holding her close, with her face burrowed into his chest, he felt his worries lift with the recognition that with her in his life he could relax and be happy.. take breaks between the constant fight to prove himself ready for  the challenges life threw at him. They could learn to overcome each hurdle together...

"Nandini," he shifted away a step so that he could hold her gaze. "Never lie to me again. That is the only thing that will break us."

She took his hand in hers and placed it over her heart. Then covered it with hers, "Never again, Manik. I promise."

Back at her place he was reluctant to let her go. He had spent the entire day without really seeing her and the next day didn't seem to be any different because of Navya's stupid kasam. He wanted to make up for all these hours away from her ..  the hours lost without being with her the way they used to be...

Why was she feeling so restless at the thought of parting from him. Just a day more and they would be together again .. be with each other without the restriction placed on them. But she missed him so ..so much during the college hours.. the heaviness in her heart wouldn't subside.. another minute or so and she will start weeping.

Unwilling to make a fool of herself she wished him goodnight and moved to get out of the car.

"Nandini," he called and she paused to look back at him.

"I was thinking.." his face was cupped within the 'v' of his thumb and fore finger giving an expression of serious contemplation. "You know about that promise of yours... about 'willing to do anything'," he continued at the question in her eyes.  "I was thinking .. I would be a fool to let such an offer go waste." He reached across to trail a finger down her cheek, "and as you know Manik Malhotra is no fool... so.."

She caught his hand and held it away from her, "But I made the promise when you were mad at me and now you are not." She smiled triumphantly. "So the deal is no longer valid."

"Really? You think so?" he frowned at her.

"I know so," she smoothed her finger tips over the fake frown lines above his brows, laughing.

"Well then." He engaged the door locks again.

"Manik!" she called out in exasperation, " what are you doing?"

"Safety first," he reached across to fasten her seat belt. Then did the same with his, before putting the car into motion. He  cast her a devilish grin. "We are going for another ride.. . a looong ride... into the night..." his eyebrows lifted over the eyes dancing with mischief . "SO romantic, na?"

"Manik no!"

"Nandini YES!"

"Manik, are you mad? Stop the car!" she demanded in her most stern voice.

"No," he shook his head in negation."And you forgot the magic word, 'please'?"

"Will you stop the car if I say please?"

"Nope!" he chuckled "Not until you revoke the cancelled Deal."

"Okay." She mumbled.

"What? I didn't hear you."

"I said okay .. I accept your demand," she frowned at him suspiciously. "Within limits, that is."

"OF course Nandu," Manik gave her a wide eyed innocent look. "Within limits ... no crossing the limits!"

"What is it that you want me to do?" she asked when he turned the car around without telling her immediately.

"You know the past few days, with this kasam thing going on, I realised I missed you running around me and then I was reminded of those good old days when you did find time to be around me without complaint.. " he lifted his hand " correction... not complaining in open, " he smirked. " so I want you with me, just you and me... without any interruptions or any other commitments ... for an entire day and well into night... as my spot!"

there another one from me πŸ˜³.. hope you will enjoy reading it...

Plz take a minute to comment ... even two words of comment from the reader's side is such a motivation to write again... or may be you don't want me toπŸ₯Ί

ps: i am sure i don't need to mention that Nandini did agree to the 'demand'

PSS: sorry for any errors ... posting it without editing as i have two little boys pacing in and out of the room waiting for their turn at the PCπŸ˜†

Edited by mirages - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Indulekha00 thumbnail
Thank you so much.. πŸ˜ƒ
you are the first to comment after a more than hundreds of views... thanks a lot friend 
Indulekha00 thumbnail
thank you dear for making me so happy 

ushmaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
it's amazing ...
hehe manik is so unpredictable..poor nandu.
Natashaaaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
awesome yr
u beautifully penned it
plz continue this na plz plz plzz
priya_sejwal thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awsum os...
Beautifully written...well doneπŸ˜›
Humzy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mirages

Thank you so much.. πŸ˜ƒ
you are the first to comment after a more than hundreds of views... thanks a lot friend 

u r most welcome
chinni557 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
That's a cute os
Loved it..πŸ‘
kriti094 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This is such an amazing one shot
loved it to the core
sosweetsumi thumbnail