Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I know what problem India has and I don't need gyan from any celebrity.

I also know what steps are being taken since the 2012 case.

How much laws and police procedures have been reformed. The media takes it way more seriously and many government and non government initiatives have come up to educate and sensitise people. Police has started FB and Whatsapp groups for women. Self defense classes have been started. Many campaigns have been started to sensitise boys. Gender training is compulsory for everyone at several private and public institutions. Rape crisis centres are coming up. Woman-only autos, taxis and police stations have come up. More women are being inducted in police force and armed forces. Separate compartments for women in trains, increased security for women's compartments, reserved seats for women in buses (so that they don't get molested) etc. Many steps are being taken.

TV shows, films, channels, radio and print media take up this issue daily.

Villages also take it seriously. Panchayats call for social boycott of family whose boy is known to cast dirty looks at women, boys who harass/molest/rape get thrashed by group of villagers themselves.

Judicial procedures have changed a lot now.

Anybody who thinks nothing is being done or India is so bad, horrible blah blah has either looked at news selectively or has never been to India. Even men have started campaigns to fight eve teasing, rape and sensitise young boys on gender relations.

The only drawback is fake cases. They later label even consensual sex as rape. That's harming the real cause.

Issues are never as simple as they look.

I am amused at Freida though. She doesn't even live in India and claims to represent India there and waxes eloquent on our issues.

Anyway, I am not going to compare stats with other countries. If some people want to bash India then so be it. We know what problems we have and how much we still need to tackle.
tootyfrooty- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRK-BEBO

^ yeah USA is scary.

Its difficult to walk on roads, in night its even more scarier for women.

People do eve teasing all the time and assault women in public.

Its not true when they say, USA rape stats are coming always  from indoor clubs, parties and domestic environments where law is in no control.

It's worser than India for women.

Stat is everything.

india is not only the place , it worse in pakistan ,girls gets 1oo lashes for being rape,in there country isuue is how dare they got rape ,this is more horrible Edited by lolabc - 9 years ago
seemarao2 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: light_year

These are statistics of america

Seriously why are u so obsessed with US? Do girls there get eve teased in public and s**t shamed for wearing Jeans? It happens only in Incredible India and other backward countries where woman are treated worst than cattles
xoFanArtiqzox thumbnail
😲 W*F?!? seriously... every 22mins.!!?
Druids thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wikipedia rape stats from 2010.
Rapes per 1,00,000 population for India is 1.8, for the US it is 27.3 and for England and Wales it is 28.8. 

What sort of idiot would talk about absolute numbers when India has 1.25 billion people, the second highest population on the planet. 

And I agree with @atominis, false rape accusations have also fudged the numbers in recent times. 

Even with the huge propaganda in the west to label India as rape capital, the only argument they offer is that it goes unreported a lot which in itself is questionable in its degree. Rape definitely goes unreported a lot everywhere whether it's for the reasons of "reputation" or the court hassles or the trauma of facing the perpetrator again in court.

Some foreign sponsored NGOs have been in overdrive labelling all sorts of cases involving dead women as rape cases. There was the recent case of the mentally ill Nepali woman. How many people believed that she was raped? She had her kidneys missing.  Did that not ring a bell for anyone? 

Are all rapists into cannibalism now? Or was she not murdered for her kidneys and then things inserted into her vagina to make it look like rape? 
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Unrelated to BW

Please read the following
IMP Note: Opening New Threads in BWF

Topic closed

BWF DT