Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: swaram

Maybe she is better candidate for Savita then?😆

yeah!thats cool!i just saw one of her photos in saree.looks good.actually sam ke liye bhi she is fine.who thinks about their age?she is beautiful.sam too...so ok for sam as well!
swaram thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Continuing with my earlier note on   Children...
There's a truism that children are the source of Greatest Joy and Greatest sorrow.
Not all parents have the resources , monetary or developmental to manage them at various stages...
At times they are the vectors of worry, anger and disappointment, as infants, they deprive of energy and sleep and at other stages they strain our finances and marraige too, if children begin to use one parent against another...

On a few days, I have wondered when I see community living retirement homes springing up every book and corner,if it's daunting when we sacrifice time, money and our self to parenthood , are we deluding ourself ...

Then there are most other days when I feel children have a big hand to play in giving our lives a purpose, infuse fun and pride in to our lives and perhaps enrich our identies too

Of late in india,the percentage of child free " DINK"( double income no kids is on the raise" , I know of a close family relative too, she very irritably said" people all around me ask why have we not gone for one", I interrupted her and asked " now that u have brought it up , I ask you why", she said "I don't know , how is parenting connected to well being"...

In return I asked her why did she have to measure it, it's probably the only thing , joys and sorrows if it cannot be measured and that parenting is 'Ineffable".

Not that my gem convinced her and they still are "DINKS" by 'CHOICE'
Drat !! That word again!!

Wow. That was so well written Errant. I guess once we have children, everything for the parents revolves around them.The parent  starts measuring everything: Happiness, sorrow , pride, disappointment, success, failure, with respect to their children. You know what I mean.  
It is irrespective of income or status.  I don't know how it would be without children, but for me parenthood is something so fulfilling.

I guess its about choices, probably those who don't have or want kids do find some other purpose and some other source for gaining fulfillment.

ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
nisha congratz in advance for the next thread!(i am the first to wish..yaeyee..but now she may be offline!tough luck!!)so morning new thread with an update!dreaming...finish this 13 off ladies...good nite.. 😊Edited by ishruhi - 9 years ago
monalisa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: swaram

Maybe she is better candidate for Savita then?😆

But, wasn't savvy taller than Mrunal?
I am thinking Hemaji (Hema Malini) or Rekhaji as Savvy, tall, fair, big eyes, long hair
Hsp.canada thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Continuing with my earlier note on   Children...
There's a truism that children are the source of Greatest Joy and Greatest sorrow.
Not all parents have the resources , monetary or developmental to manage them at various stages...
At times they are the vectors of worry, anger and disappointment, as infants, they deprive of energy and sleep and at other stages they strain our finances and marraige too, if children begin to use one parent against another...

On a few days, I have wondered when I see community living retirement homes springing up every book and corner,if it's daunting when we sacrifice time, money and our self to parenthood , are we deluding ourself ...

Then there are most other days when I feel children have a big hand to play in giving our lives a purpose, infuse fun and pride in to our lives and perhaps enrich our identies too

Of late in india,the percentage of child free " DINK"( double income no kids is on the raise" , I know of a close family relative too, she very irritably said" people all around me ask why have we not gone for one", I interrupted her and asked " now that u have brought it up , I ask you why", she said "I don't know , how is parenting connected to well being"...

In return I asked her why did she have to measure it, it's probably the only thing , joys and sorrows of it cannot be measured and that parenting is 'Ineffable".

Not that my gem convinced her and they still are "DINKS" by 'CHOICE'
Drat !! That word again!!

Very wisely written, indeed parenting is tedious but also very gratifying.

I read this quote when in the hospital when I had my first born and I clicked it & saved it.

Children are not casual guests in our home. They have been loaned to us temporarily for the purpose of loving them and instilling a foundation of values on which their future lives will be built.

Parenting has made me more patient actually I feel I am evolving to be a better person. I am not only thinking about them but also thinking about the society, community and I feel more and do more for the under privileged ones now. I think as a parent you learn to defer many of your own choices, needs in favor of our children demands. I hope and wish that our kids learn this practice and have this nobility is instilled in their character.

I think parenting is all about taking responsibility and one should take only if they are ready for it. I marrried young (23) I wasnt ready for it and I waited good 5 years before I had them.I  have no right to judge anybody who doesn't have children. It's their choice, oops I mean an option.. I leave it at that. But I often wonder what will be their legacy to the society?

Anyway for me I love it. Its an experience to view things from their perspective and learning from these mini humans . All that anguish, tiredness that I feel sometimes just vanishes in a sec when they say you are the best mom.

RnB needs to think about his dad not just judge him based on what happened? He should think about the time before the scandal! To err is human to forgive is divine. He needs to listen to his side of the story or no story, talk once then make the call. 

TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
@shev u asked for romcom movies earlier today here are some of my fav (some are old)
Hasee toh phasee
Wake up Sid
Mr and Mrs Iyer and Jhankaar beats (Rahul bose)

Happy friday :-)

Hsp.canada thumbnail

Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

@shev u asked for romcom movies earlier today here are some of my fav (some are old)
Hasee toh phasee
Wake up Sid
Mr and Mrs Iyer and Jhankaar beats (Rahul bose)

Happy friday :-)

I like Rahul Bose! 
We have a day off from school today, I havent seen Jhankar beats , maybe will watch tonight.
Season 3 of House of Cards is bit slow, Claire is annyoing me ðŸ˜†
Errantnomad thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

Very wisely
written, indeed parenting is tedious but also very gratifying.

I read this quote
when in the hospital when I had my first born and I clicked it & saved it.

Children are not casual guests in our home. They have been
loaned to us temporarily for the purpose of loving them and instilling a
foundation of values on which their future lives will be built.

Parenting
has made me more patient actually I feel I am evolving to be a better person. I
am not only thinking about them but also thinking about the society, community
and I feel more and do more for the under privileged ones now. I think as a
parent you learn to defer many of your own choices, needs in favor of our children demands.
I hope and wish that our kids learn this practice and have this nobility is instilled
in their character.

I
think parenting is all about taking responsibility and one should take only if
they are ready for it
. I marrried young (23) I wasnt ready for it and I waited good 5 years before I had them.I have no right
to judge anybody who doesn't have children. It's their choice, oops I mean an option.. I leave it at
that. But I often wonder what will be their legacy to the society?

Anyway
for me I love it. Its an experience to view things from their perspective and
learning from these mini humans . All that anguish, tiredness that I feel sometimes
just vanishes in a sec when they say you are the best mom.

RnB needs to think about his dad not just judge him based on what happened? He should think about the time before the scandal!<font face="Arial, sans-serif">To err is human to forgive is divine. He needs to listen to his side of the story or no story, talk once then make the call.</font>

Wow Shev aka Bandu Vandu!! Well said ... So deep
TanjoreGirl thumbnail

Very wisely written, indeed parenting is tedious but also very gratifying.

I read this quote when in the hospital when I had my first born and I clicked it & saved it.

Children are not casual guests in our home. They have been loaned to us temporarily for the purpose of loving them and instilling a foundation of values on which their future lives will be built.

Parenting has made me more patient actually I feel I am evolving to be a better person. I am not only thinking about them but also thinking about the society, community and I feel more and do more for the under privileged ones now. I think as a parent you learn to defer many of your own choices, needs in favor of our children demands. I hope and wish that our kids learn this practice and have this nobility is instilled in their character.

I think parenting is all about taking responsibility and one should take only if they are ready for it. I marrried young (23) I wasnt ready for it and I waited good 5 years before I had them.I  have no right to judge anybody who doesn't have children. It's their choice, oops I mean an option.. I leave it at that. But I often wonder what will be their legacy to the society?

Anyway for me I love it. Its an experience to view things from their perspective and learning from these mini humans . All that anguish, tiredness that I feel sometimes just vanishes in a sec when they say you are the best mom.

RnB needs to think about his dad not just judge him based on what happened? He should think about the time before the scandal! To err is human to forgive is divine. He needs to listen to his side of the story or no story, talk once then make the call. 

key is only if they are ready for it but my deal after having kids is i completely understand if someone doesnt want kids i actually get it ,earlier there was this notion kids take care of you when u age now its not that either its the joy and if you find it else where its fine .
 I actually know of couples who dont want kids and are pursuing what they like travel,social service u name it and i think its wrong of me to judge their way and the husband and wife are totally in sync  so that life is not bad too IMO they are leaving a positive impact just not with kids.

TanjoreGirl thumbnail

I like Rahul Bose! 
We have a day off from school today, I havent seen Jhankar beats , maybe will watch tonight.
Season 3 of House of Cards is bit slow, Claire is annyoing me ðŸ˜†

I feel she is a bit too man looking  if there was such a word 😆😆 for me season 3 was better than season 2 and season 1 was the best .
but u will be surprised what happens in the end..