OS- I Won't Be Mrs.Mohammad!

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

OS- I won't be Mrs. Mohammad!

"Will you marry me and become Mrs. Jalal Mohammad, Miss Jodha Bhatnagar?" Jalal finally proposed to Jodha. They had been dating for a long time now, almost ten years now, and finally he had asked her to marry him. They had known for a while that they wanted to be together, and did want to get hitched. It was but a mere formality. He didn't even doubt that she would say anything but yes.

"No." Bam! Came the reply.

Jalal was shocked, to say the least. He continued to stare at Jodha, standing in front of him, at her residence. "I am sorry, is there something wrong?" Jalal mumbled.

"Why do you think I'd agree?" Jodha asked.

"Ahm, I thought we were past the doubts stage. This was planned, right? It was just a formality to ask you... Do you want more time?" Jalal tried placating himself and her. He didn't know what to do. He did have the initial nervousness of marriage, and proposing so and so forth. Who didn't? If there isn't any trepidation, there is something wrong..

"How much more time? One year, two years, five years, twenty years, fifty, or an entire lifetime?" She asked, sternly.

Jalal came forward and held Jodha by her shoulders, and voiced out his thoughts, "you were okay with this, till two days ago. We had no fights whatsoever. Nothing has gone amiss. What is wrong? Tell me, I'll fix it. I promise. I don't, i can't take such cryptic answers. Please, Jo. I beg of you." He was a bag of nerves. He loved Jodha.

"Why do you think I'd lose my identity for you?" Jodha queried. "I am not asking you to lose your identity... did i? You know me, Jo. I am not one of those guys, or one of those families, where they ask their bahus' to serve them. Mom, worked for a long time after marriage... in fact, i am not even asking you to change. It doesn't matter... If i have made you feel..."

Jodha interrupted him, "I am Jodha Bhatnagar. That is my identity. Why do you think i will give up on my name for you? Why do you think I'd want to become Mrs. Jodha Jalal Ahmed Mohammad? Even, after a lifetime or eternity, I'd still like to be known by my own name." Jodha cleared, finally, bringing it out in the open.

Jalal was just blank. He didn't even know how to react.

Before he could react, he was thrown another shocker, when Jodha started laughing hard. She clutched her stomach, and fell on the couch. She couldn't stop herself, she managed to spit out, "Jalal... I ... Was... Kid...dding.."

Jalal then saw it, and started laughing himself.

"What the hell? It is so not funny. You gave me a turn there."

"I did."

"So?"

"So, what?"

"Can i have a yes now?" Jalal pouted cutely.

Jodha slowly turned solemn. "Jalal, i did mean what i said. I really love you, and i fell in love with you all over again, when you proposed to me just now. But, my identity stays. I want to keep my maiden name. I don't agree with the fact that women have to lose their name, and be known by their husband's name. Just why? Why are kids known by their father's name and not their mother's, when it is the mother who carries them in her womb for nine months? I don't agree with these societal norms, and you know that. I have always told you about it. But, i want to set an example by practising it myself. I am going to be called as Mrs. Jodha Bhatnagar. And, i don't think you should mind. And, when we have kids, which we will, at least one, not more than one or two max, clarifying now, i am not going to increase India's population by having five or six kids just because i can afford it."

"Ahm, Jo.. I don't think.. I ll have a..."

Jodha interrupted him again, "don't interrupt me! Ya, so what was i saying? See, because of you. Everything that happens is because of you! I forgot, what i was saying. Shit. What was i telling you?" She asked him, completely cute and adorable.

"Something about India's population..." Jalal reminded her.

"Huh? Oh, ya. I said, when we have kids, they would be known by both our names! Not only yours. They are my kids too. I mean, they will be. So, they will be called something something Bhatnagar Mohammad' since, B comes before M. Do you get it?"

Jalal just looked at her, flabbergasted. Jodha thought so much ahead of him. He felt a jerk, Jodha was shaking him. "What?"

"Are you agreeing or not?" Jodha demanded.

"I don't know... I'll let you know sometime." He teased.

"Just shut up, and tell me now. You. Will. Agree. Period." Jodha said with finality, leaving no room for any more discussion or contemplation.

"But, seriously, i really like your idea of not giving up on your name. Nice step, towards equality. Will I change my name to yours? I won't. 90% men won't and don't change their name after marriage, then, why should women? And about the kids, do you even want kids?" Jalal joked.

"Ahm, we will see that when the time comes. Maybe, maybe not." Jodha said.

"so, will you marry me, Jodha?" Jalal, asked casually. "no. Not at all, duh? I mean it is so obvious i don't wanna marry you, and that is why i am talking about kids to you, right?" She replied, her tone and words dripping with sarcasm. Jalal laughed. "yes, i will." Jodha agreed.

The End.

A/N - something that always pricks me. Decided to pen it down. XD

My Other Works:

A River Of Emotions  

OS - Hair Removal Cream?

OS - When They Met In Taco Bell

TS - The Silence Said It All

TS - 07:41 Dadar Local

SS - Because I Don't Actually Hate Him! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--a.ishu-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Najma dii!!! 🤗 Lovely os!!! Beautifully penned!!! Dii.. Pls update the othr stories sooon!!!! 🤗
Savi.23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
nice os dr..tks for the pm dr..Edited by savindi.db - 9 years ago
Kutty58 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lol.. Such a cute OS... V.sweet.. 😳
Zayn_1Dholic thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
🤣 awesome..truly said y to change name only of gals? Nd kids? I was supa imprsd with the idea! 🤣 i laughd ..at jalal
AngelDara thumbnail
nice os 
keep writing
melodica thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Nice! Luved ur idea..❤️
Thx fr da PM Naj 🤗
Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: dharshu

Najma dii!!! 🤗 Lovely os!!! Beautifully penned!!! Dii.. Pls update the othr stories sooon!!!! 🤗

Hey Dharshu dear!!!! ❤️ I will. I have loads of stuff to complete.   😆 But, no mood as of now and no time. I will do everything. Don't worry. Thanks a ton! 😳
--a.ishu-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: najma123

Hey Dharshu dear!!!!❤️I will. I have loads of stuff to complete. 😆But, no mood as of now and no time. I will do everything. Don't worry. Thanks a ton!😳

uffo naj didu!! U forgot my name!!! *pout* Try to update wen u get tym di!! 😃
..TeriDeewani.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Nice
Naj darling 🤗
Keep writing more... 😊