VIDYA BALAN will win National Award for HAK"-MUKESH BHATT

Thrasher thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Priyanka Chopra has done it earlier and now Kangna Ranaut has done it again. With mainstream Bollywood actresses getting National Awards for their performances in commercially successful films (Fashion, Queen), the 'art/offbeat' tag attached to films that go on to win awards at the highest level is wearing off finally. And now, if filmmaker Mukesh Bhatt is to be believed, next year it could well be the turn of Vidya Balan once herHamaari Adhuri Kahaani releases and wins over audience as well as critics alike.

"I can tell you in writing that Vidya Balan would be remembered for next 100 years after her performance inHamaari Adhuri Kahaani. When I see her performance on the sets, then my heart goes out to her. The kind of sincerity that she has shown for this film is something that very few actors have. Trust me, for the year 2015, every single award would be in her pocket, including the National Award," declares Mukesh Bhatt. 

Meanwhile, he is happy with the fact that Vishesh Films is set to enjoy a very eventful first half of 2015, what with Mr. X and Hamari Adhuri Kahaani set to release after Khamoshiyan

"I am very excited again; these are three distinctly flavored films of the year. This is what makes Vishesh Films so 'vishesh', he smiles, "We are committed to do everything which is special." 

His Khamoshiyan featured an absolute newcomer (Sapna Pabbi) in the female lead and now Mr. X has an almost newcomer in the form of Amyra Dastur (Issaq). So are there any specific traits he along with Mahesh Bhatt look for in every newcomer? 

"The first trait that we look for is the way an individual talks. When a person starts talking, you have to see that spark. Once you are convinced about that, then you have to groom that person. Every person who comes to your door is new, and you need to polish him. You have to make him understand what camera is all about and what goes into dialogue delivery. Then you need to do workshops before he is ready to be on the sets and get rolling. There is a lot of work that goes into making a newcomer presentable for the big screen," he says. 

On a parting note, he chuckles, "It is a challenge in itself to spot talent. We are in the business of making destinies and careers; this is what gives us a high."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Well, release the trailer and let us judge too na? 
Both Bhatts overhyping...😆
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i'm dying to see this one!
human drama i love , go vids!
Another mouse to claim NA. Want to see who is going to be the monkey here. 
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
I liked Hashmi and VB pair in TDP...Looking forward to  HAK... Edited by Nishita123 - 9 years ago
Cannot wait for this.. i love the pairing of emraan and vidya 
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
BTW, @ artcile...Vidya won for TDP...which isn't an arty film..as commercial as it gets also. ðŸ˜†
Then there are others like Karisma, Saif who won for commercial films..whether they deserved to or not is another story. ðŸ˜†
Edited by chocolover89 - 9 years ago
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Vidya is a tremendous actor, to that there is no doubt. The best BW has atm, IMO.

The problem has been the movies she has picked of late. Not up to the standards she has set. SKSE has so much potential and the first half is extremly good; but falls flat in the second. Which is a shame because it had two fab actors in Vidya and Farhan.

The rest are not even worth talking about.
I doubt that very very much ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yaar! Free mein bant rahe hai NA. Mujhe bhi dedo ek. 😆