Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dv19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: nim_var

nice info DV. You know in Hindu customs such wearing the nose ring or nath or..toe rings or the METTI as we say..it...MS..all have a meaning and a purpose behind it...

I have not pierced my nose ever... but I wear..Metti...all the time.. I love them take them while traveling as they tend to set off the scan in the security.. at airports or unnecesarry questions are raised.or body search is done and...it is such an invasion..of one's privacy . . as they also constrict some nerve in the toe...associated with the female reproductive organs and help in fertility. That is way in our wedding we have the bride...being adorned with the toe rings after the tying of MS and then the husband will hold her 2nd toe and take her to the grinding stone and some ritual is performed... (ammi..kallu...) holding the right hand...of his bride..

The  nath suits our babydoll...so cute.

THank you for adding more colors on this post with more informative infromation nims.. 
experience speaks. .

Ok my little secret..  i dont wear toe rings.. one day during wedding i wore.. after no.. coz.. it comes out very faster from my fingers.. i have the pressing types too .. i wear it only on occassions.. 

mangal sutra too.. As in our area lots of chain robbery happened.. so  a small diamond ring.. which Vasy gave me on our weddign.. I wear that only..  

Not too many jewels i prefer to wear  .. I follow hindu culture.. but living in deadly cities.. we have think of safety first then the culture.. REALITY  ,..WHAT TO DO .. 

MY MIL AND HUBBY.. THEY ARE VERY BROAD MINDED THAT WAY .. MY MILL VERY CONSERVATIVE BUT SHE GIVES LIBERTY FOR ME  AND GIVES ENOUGH SPACE FOR MY LIKES AND DISLIKES.. 

dv19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@ THANK U HIYA AND  SHIVMALA
VijjuShrenu_MB thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dv19

WOW.. VIJI.. HOW MUCH INFOR U HAVE DEAR..

THANKS FOR SHARING.. IT DID ADD MORE KNOWLEDGE .. 

THNAK U ONCE AGIAN.

No akka, all thanks to you😊, cuz you are the one who apprises the new things here in the forum👏 
love you lots🤗
nim_var thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: dv19

THank you for adding more colors on this post with more informative infromation nims.. 

experience speaks. .

Ok my little secret..  i dont wear toe rings.. one day during wedding i wore.. after no.. coz.. it comes out very faster from my fingers.. i have the pressing types too .. i wear it only on occassions.. 

mangal sutra too.. As in our area lots of chain robbery happened.. so  a small diamond ring.. which Vasy gave me on our weddign.. I wear that only..  

Not too many jewels i prefer to wear  .. I follow hindu culture.. but living in deadly cities.. we have think of safety first then the culture.. REALITY  ,..WHAT TO DO .. 

MY MIL AND HUBBY.. THEY ARE VERY BROAD MINDED THAT WAY .. MY MILL VERY CONSERVATIVE BUT SHE GIVES LIBERTY FOR ME  AND GIVES ENOUGH SPACE FOR MY LIKES AND DISLIKES.. 

That is nice to know that yr MIL n Hubby are broad minded. IT helps and certainly..agree that safety comes first over following..culture and traditions. If one can..follow then...it is very good. 

Me personally have been fortunate that I am able to wear my MS...have been...from the time I got married and have worn it...even on my travel overseas.. I just remove my toe rings as it sets off the.. alarm..

My latest purchase was the vandi metti..or the fat round toe rings..which click on the tile while walking.. Have a few of them..actually..don't like the press type as they..pinch..

Even the kamar bandh which Shlok gave Aastha..has a meaning..we also have the Vangi... which is worn by the bride to be during the weddings.. Again the pressing of the nerves and organs...the reproductive organs n readying for fertility..symbolic..of that and child bearing too. 

sathuraj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Lovely info...Tfs...
Even I wear nose pin and loved wear it...

Small and cute one...
sathuraj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Each and every accessories what our ancestors wear had a value to it...
Like nose pin...mangla sutra...toe ring...had a valid reason and scientific connection to it...