Adopting kids from poor countries

lighthouse thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Heard on the news that Maddona is planning to adopt a baby from Malawi, an african country affected by aids and poverty where 1 in 5 children die before they reach age of 5 years.

The trend among celebreties to adopt a child from 3rd world country seems to be like having  latest favorite accesory. Angelina Jolie adopted from Ethiopia and Cambodia and Meg Ryan adopted from China.

My question is should Maddona have given money to the father of the baby so he could afford to keep the baby and let the baby grow in native environment. 

Would love to read your views. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nice Topic!!!
I really wonder what makes these celebrities adopt somany Children from different countries.For that matter Angelina Jolie is top in the list of adopting children.This is one more fashion.Adoption should be done only if you can assure them to give motherely affection,time and all.These celebrities are adopting kids from very very backward countries just to hog the limelight or may be they are dreaming for a Nobel peace prize.If at all you want to help economically backward people just give funds to a proper source or parents of those kids and monitor the developments personally time to time.I feel these celebrities are leaving no stones unturned in the process of washing their previous sins.
One more thing !!!! I really don't understand why somany celebrities are back of street dogs,OK we agree we need to have compassion to fellow creatures but is it necessary to establish an organisation something like Street Dog welfare... and then dance with itsy bitsy clothes,wine dine for the sake fund rasing functions of Street dog welfare... 😕 .
Maaa Dona Zindabad!!!
Cheers,
Mythili
Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
sowmyaa thumbnail
I agree that it is kind of like a "trend" among celeberity lately. Now paying father's kid rather than adopting..humm. It depends who the father is or if that kid lives in a family right now or adoption center. I don't know story so not sure. But sometimes in some countries there are fathers who force their child into child labor and other things. Now in such cicumstances if child is going to be raised as a neglected child, I am not too sure about it. I personally like sponsoring a child's education adn life who is studying and raised in some social center. However, each one has their own way to contribute. It looks obvious that these celebrity most of the time wants cheap publicity, but sometime they really could be genuine and want to help the child. With celebrity the thing is anything they do ..even if they sneeze it's a news...so I would not judge them all as just doing this for just publicity. It would be like judging someone I don't know.
lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: sowmyaa

Now paying father's kid rather than adopting..humm. It depends who the father is or if that kid lives in a family right now or adoption center. I don't know story so not sure. 

On CNN they interviewed the father of the baby who said that after his wife's death , he could not afford to take care of the 13 month old baby hence it was given up for adoption. Don't know if he has any other kids.

I just think with the power and money celebraties have they could help an entire village with the resources used in adoption. I say this because celebs probably hire at least 2 nannies to take care of each kid they adopt..not to mention draging these kids to everywhere they jetset for shooting and all!!! Angelina Jolie is shooting in India and all her pictures are with her adoptive kids in tow wherever she goes..hmmm ... and I am totaly against taking the kid from the mud house in Malawi to the mansion in London... If I were to be adopted, I would prefer to be in an Indian home preferbaly not too far from where I was born. Just my thoughts.

sowmyaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

IN SNL there was a comment on 'News' when Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman separated: Now that the couple has separated, they have returned their adopted children to the Universal Studios Props department.

This is such a shame. I really don't know what more to tell.
sowmyaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: lighthouse

let the baby grow in native environment.

I don't give much importance to native envrionment. I think if one is adopted by a loving and caring family it does not matter if Indian origin child is raised in any part of the world. I have girl who comes to learn Indian dace at school that i teach. Her both parents (not biological) are white and they adopoted these two girls from India. They come to Diwali function every year, try to teach their girls Indian dance. They basically try to do what they can, but they are raised in American family. They are getting love any child deserve in this family so it does not matter if chinese born is raised with american culture. However, these are just my belif.
lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

IN SNL there was a comment on 'News' when Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman separated: Now that the couple has separated, they have returned their adopted children to the Universal Studios Props department.

😆 Love the news bit on SNL and Comedy central..

Woody Allen and Mia Farrow had adopted few kids from Vietnam and Woody ended up having an affair and marrying one of the girl who was only 17yrs old at the time.

ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i think she sud have given d money to d father so d baby cud stay weher he/she was born...an d father cud keep his daughter or son 😊
insouciance thumbnail
Angelina and Brad Pitt come across as good parents.....They take good care of the two kids Maddox and Zahara,and it was nice to hear Angie say that now that she has her biological kid,she is over protective about her other two kids,so that she just doesnt let anyone,or even herself discriminate.... 👏 ..That was heartening to hear,and One hopes that she indeed sticks to her word..

Shame on Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman......Have never liked Ton Cruise,and now that he's proven he's a nut,I'm in a way happy for Conner and the girl(isnt she Isabella)...They would do better without a father like Tom Cruise 🤢 ...Infact apparently the Kids were never happy with TC and NK,they were always cribbing about the lack of attention etc
momogrl21 thumbnail
I believe it has come across as a trend for celebrities, and I think it is great! 😛 But sometimes, it may be better to give money to the parents so the child can grow up in its own surrounding 😊

But sometimes it can come across great! One of my closest friend adopted a baby from India a few years ago and they treat the kid with so much love. Many people actually don't know that the kid has been adopted because parents are Indian too. They brought the kid from a very rural village, so I think it was really good because that child just recieved a fantastic opportunity. 😛

Loved reading everyones views! 😛