Neha Maheshwri,TNN | Mar 20, 2015, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Yashpal Sharma|Rajesh|Neeli Chatri Waale
Yashpal Sharma quits, Rajesh is the new Bhagwan
Yashpal Sharma and Rajesh
Bollywood actor Yashpal Sharma, better known as Bhagwan Das from TV show Neeli Chatri Waale, has quit the show. The last episode, which he shot on February 14, aired the following day. Rajesh Kumar has now stepped into his shoes to take the story ahead. "I was not too keen on doing TV, but it was the character of Bhagwan Das that prompted me to take up the offer," says Yashpal, adding, "I had informed the makers right in the beginning that I will be a part of the show for only 52 episodes.

However, I shot five more episodes as they could not find a suitable replacement. I suggested that they take a two-month break and return with a new season, but I guess that wasn't feasible. I didn't want to be associated with a show, which runs for five years as it doesn't leave you with any time to pursue other passions."

READ: Yashpal Sharma: TV soaps are very time consuming

The actor does not believe in working in multiple projects at a time. "I wrapped up my other projects two months before I started shooting for this one, which was almost a year ago and didn't take up anything else. I also couldn't do theatre, which is my passion."

He calls this break a much-needed one, as he admits that his onscreen character was beginning to seep into his real life too. "The character was so brilliant that Bhagwan took over Yashpal. I am currently in my hometown to rediscover the real me," he says.

link to the article: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/Yashpal-Sharma-quits-Rajesh-is-the-new-Bhagwan/articleshow/46623520.cms
Edited by Moner_Radio - 9 years ago