Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Confirmed: Vidya Balan to play Suchitra Sen

ablazedmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Confirmed: Vidya to play Suchitra Sen

15 Mar 2015
Hindustan Times

After completing the shoot of her upcoming release, which co-stars Emraan Hashmi, Vidya Balan has been taking her time to pick her next project. The actor has been offered four scripts, two of which are biopics " one of late actor Suchitra Sen, and the other of late Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. The other two films are a romcom and a love story.

In an earlier interview to HT Cafe, Vidya had said she would give her nod to one of these films. "I am reading four scripts. And before my next with Emraan releases, I will start working on one of the offered scripts," she said. Now, we've learnt that Vidya has agreed to star in the Suchitra Sen biopic, and will begin working on it soon.
Interestingly, the actor will train in Kathak before the film goes on the floors. "It is set to roll next month. Before that, Vidya wants to train in Kathak, and for that, she will also get a dance teacher, Pt Jayu Raman to the city from Lucknow. The training program will start next week and go on for two weeks," informs a source.

Vidya, who has been briefed about her character, wants to ensure that she doesn't land up on the sets unprepared. "She admires the late actor, and since it's a biopic, she wants her portrayal to be authentic. After the makers informed her that she will have Kathak dance sequences in the film, she asked them to arrange for a teacher," adds the source.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I'm just relieved that she's getting movies. Anything is good at this point 😆
Mirchi. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Look forward to this one 
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I need anti-bio-pic. 
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thank god she signed something
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Woa I remember saying I hope Balan plays Sen! So glad to see she will! Can't wait! 
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Aandhi was the only film I watched with the late Suchitra Sen...my mum made me...glad she did..there were beautiful songs in it..it was a lovely film..
briahna thumbnail
is this biopic interesting enough? don't think so.
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Only if Raima Sen could act well, she would be the perfect Suchitra Sen!

But why a hindi biopic on Suchitra Sen?😕
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: KochurShaakBata

Only if Raima Sen could act well, she would be the perfect Suchitra Sen!

But why a hindi biopic on Suchitra Sen?😕

God, so so true!! She's so beautiful & reminiscent of her grandmother. This family has stunning women! 

But I do think she can act. See her in Choker Baali, The Japanese Wife & Bengali movies. She's a good actress. Certain critics thought that she stole CB from right under Ash's nose. 

It's her sister, Ria Sen who can't act.