This award is special: Rani Mukerji on receiving National Award

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

This award is special: Rani Mukerji on receiving National Award

March 3, 2015

Rani Mukerji was felicitated with the National Award for the Best Representation of the Cause of Safety, Security and Protection of Women and Girl Child' at an event organised in Delhi on Tuesday. The actress received the honour from Sreerupa Mitra Chaudhury, chairperson for the National Institute of Gender Justice.

Rani is the first film personality to be felicitated with this prestigious award.

She was honoured for creating awareness about child trafficking through Pradeep Sarkar's Mardaani'. She played the role of Senior Inspector (crime branch) Shivani Shivaji Roy who tracks down child trafficking cells and protects a girl child.

On receiving the honour Rani said, "It's really heartening to see that not only has the film been loved by audiences worldwide but it has transcended the realm of filmmaking and become something that inspires the people who have been tirelessly working for years for the cause of child trafficking and are the real heroes."

"I feel humbled to meet these people and am glad that I am able to contribute in a small way. This award is special as it recognises my contribution to cinema in a different manner," she added.

CREDITS: VIRAL BHAYANI

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Surprisingly she doesn't look pregnant. 
grounder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Marriage suits her. She has been looking happier, healthier and prettier since the time she got married.