Abhishek Bachchan celebrates Kunal Kapoor, Naina Bachchan's wedding

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
abhishek bachchan, aamir khan, hrithik roshan, kunal kapoor, naina bachchan

The Bachchans' residence in Mumbai was the party destination for many a Bollywood star as they attended a special bash hosted by the junior Bachchans - Abhishek Bachchan and Shweta Nanda - in honour of the newlyweds - Kunal Kapoor and Naina Bachchan. Naina is Amitabh Bachchan's niece.

Kunal and Naina had married in a very private affair on February 9 in Seychelles. Abhishek and Kunal co-starred in Pradeep Sarkar's Laaga Chunari Mein Daag'.

The grand party was yet again a private affair and was attended by Aamir Khan and his wife, director Kiran Rao, Hrithik Roshan, SRK's wife Gauri Khan, Imran Khan and Riteish Deshmukh with wife, actress Genelia D'Souza among others.

Aamir Khan, who was seen at a charity ramp walk earlier in the day, was simple in blue denims and black shirt. He has worked with Kunal in the 2006 release Rang De Basanti'. And we must say, Abhishek Bachchan made quite a fashion statement in those red shoes.

aamirkhan-abhisahek

Aamir Khan's wife Kiran was seen busy in a conversation with Kunal as Naina looked on.

kunal-kiran-rao-naina

Hrithik Roshan was seen in white teamed with blue denims. He seems to be sharing a joke with Kunal.

kunal-hrithik

Gauri Khan compensated for husband Shah Rukh Khan's absence.

hrithik-gauri

Also seen at the bash was Abhishek's close friend and Bluffmaster' co-star Riteish Deshmukh along with wife Genelia. The new parents looked happy, especially Genelia who looked a li'l plumpier than before. They were seen chatting with filmmaker and the very amiable Karan Johar.

riteishgenelia-kjo

Also seen was Aamir Khan's nephew and actor Imran Khan, who was trying hard to stay away from the flashes. But, was captured.

imrankhan-kunal

Imran's wife Avantika was dressed in blue for the bash.

avantika

Abhishek's another close friend Goldie Behl arrived with wife, actress Sonali Bendre. Also seen at the bash was filmmaker Farah Khan, who had directed Abhishek in last year's superhit movie Happy New Year'.

sonali-bendre-goldie-arya

farahkhan

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was nowhere to be seen. The actress, who is always said to have been camera-shy, must have been inside and preparing for the festivities which the Bachchan household is famous for.

Edited by touch_of_pink - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

touch_of_pink thumbnail
And there was a special guest too - Hollywood hotshot performer and pop star Ed Sheeran. Seen here is Abhishek showing him how the Indian paparazzi works.
abhishek bachchan, ed sheeran, abhishek bachchan party

abhishek-bachchan-sheeran2

abhishek-bachchan-sheeran1
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
I think the party was for Ed Shreehan and not his cousins.  
I would hope people would dress a little better if this was some kind if reception party lol.  
Gauri always looks so trashy like she came out of the ghetto.  So much money and so little sense.  Her make-up looks horrible. ๐Ÿ˜•
nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
how does he  know abhishek bachan? , so rides on the coat tails of his father''s and wife's success. Edited by nonam - 9 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
W*F happened to gauri man. She keeps looking worse and worse every time I see her.

Did they invite Ed to the reception or something?!

Abhi's shoes are mighty fine. Kunal is such a McHunk hunky. Damnn. And awww genelia looks so pretty from what so little we see of her.

Hrithik is checking Maheep out.

๐Ÿ˜†Another...

Edited by NailClipper - 9 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Apparently he crashed into the Bachchans party
According to a report in Mumbai Mirror, pop star Ed Sheeran crashed Abhishek Bachchan's party thrown for newlyweds, Kunal Kapoor and Naina Bachchan. Farah, a guest at Ed Sheeran's concert held earlier in the day, took it upon herself to give the redheaded boy from London, a taste of Mumbai's nightlife. She called up buddy Abhishek Bachchan who was hosting a dinner, and told him, "I'm with this singer called, Ed Sheeran. Do you know him?" An astounded Abhishek retorted, "What's wrong with you Farah? Ed's one of the top five pop stars of today." To which she quipped, "Then can I bring him along for the party?" Needless to say, Junior Bachchan was only too happy to welcome the unexpected guest.

While the dinner party went on till the wee hours of the morning, here's why Abhishek wishes he has sleepless nights... 
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/Abhishek-Bachchan-Lesser-known-facts/photostory/46441618.cms
touch_of_pink thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I think the party was for Ed Shreehan and not his cousins.  

I would hope people would dress a little better if this was some kind if reception party lol.  

Some say it was for Kunal and Naina. Some say it was for Ed Sheeran. But if it was for Ed Sheeran, I dunno, would've expected a better turn out then this. As in...you know...some younger people. ๐Ÿ˜† I'm sure Sona would've like to meet him.

Sonakshi Sinha @sonakshisinha  

So @edsheeran is in mumbai, causing major traffic jam, which i am stuck in, but not going for the concert, so close yet so far

Is Ed Sheeran popular in India?
touch_of_pink thumbnail
Farah Khan @TheFarahKhan  

Aaj ka photos---yeh lo!! My old friend @juniorbachchan n my new 1 ED Sheeran.. Ek puppy toh Banti hain