Users

Frequent Posters

greenteaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

33. Sense of Ending

"I am sorry." Arnav says softly.

"I am sorry too." Khushi replies.

They don't expand on their apologies. Just that it's said, is enough.

"We've come a long way from our old lives." He says.

"Less than a year ago, my biggest worry was finding funds for post grad." She feels nostalgic.

"And now you are a zombie hunter." He says with pride. He has seen her body first hand, closely and intimately to notice how the physical scars on her body have replaced where innocence once shone. He has taken her apart just with his hands and tongue, and watched her slowly stich herself back up. She is made up of too many sharp edges for anyone else to get near. In moments like these, the edges soften and the old Khushi bleeds through.

"As you are." She trills. "One day we are going to go out and not come back. Isn't that a sad fact of our life?" She asks.

He shrugs. "Once you come back and see people you love, you thank for being alive for yet another day."

"Do you have to contradict me every time? And when did you start talking like a romantic sap?" She huffs in annoyance. He laughs.

"Remember the first day we met?" He asks a moment later.

"Payal tried to kill herself that day because the guy she liked dumped her. Now look at her." Khushi cocks her towards courtyard where Payal is playing volleyball with handful of soldiers.

"I keep thinking what if we didn't meet. What if I decided to stay near my sister's room? What if I didn't go to grocery store that day? What if you called me a creep and didn't give me your address and number? You know?"

"What are you suggesting?" She asks, surprised at this outburst.

"I never did impulsive things Khushi. However every interaction I initiated with you was impulsive. Don't you see?" He is working himself up to something that she cannot understand.

"See what?"

He smiles softly. "If you see how the events have unfolded, we are all together at this moment is because I had an impulsive moment."

Khushi laughs. "Aren't you giving us a little too much credit?"

He joins in her laughter. "Maybe. But it's a nice thought."

"Guys?" Akash interrupts, looking rattled. "Arjun is back. Arnav, you should see who he brought with him."

Sharing a look, Khushi and Arnav sprint to the hanger.

Sitting on a crate and covered in blanket, was Anjali.

Raila1014 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Was he trying to proclaim his love for her?  Because if he is capable of this sentiment, then there is HOPE.  i simply love the sorry at the beginning because I find that is the hardest thing for a human to say even harder than love.  Actually, I find this update is full of hope and it looks like even with the fear of one of them not coming back, they are finally living.  They are over the old life and are moving on to the next phase.  Seeing laughter and them just having a regular conversation in the midst of all this feels good.  of course ending it with Anjali's return is another sign of hope.  Or maybe she is infected and then that will be the end of it all.
greenteaholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raila1014

I was wondering when God was going to come in the equation and bam, here it is along with our atheist Arnav.  What one chooses to believe in is a personal preference which may have been shaped by what you are exposed to during your life.  as a kid, we are taught all the prayers, rites, traditions, etc . . . And are exposed to the churches, temples, mosques, etc . . .as we grow up and experience life through our interactions, studies and what is going on around us in the world,our perspective on God and religion may change.  I was deeply fascinated by Darwin,  the Big Bang and all the scientific theories and explorations on how we came to be in existence and boy did it also frighten me to think that I was thinking against God and what I was taught.  For me personally, I found a way to make the 2 coexist because I do feel there is a superpower out there that started this whole process and also because in my darkest moment, I get comfort from the private conversations I have with this superpower.  This is me and my take on God.  Everybody has a right to their opinion including atheist is the way I look at it.  I feel when people tried to stick to what was written thousands of years ago without adapting it to their current life situation, is when we get in problems as mankind.  There is one thing that bothers me though and that is why as human we feel the need to blame someone or something for our lot in life as in Arnav wondering where the God was while they were being persecuted by zombies and diseases.  Did we maybe not accidentally set this whole disaster in motion?  Why do we need God to save us when we created the situation ourselves?  We are abusing our surroundings to satisfy our greedy materialistic needs without accountability.  Someone told me once that in your darkest moment when there is no one around you, God is by your side silently providing you with the will to keep going.  This band of survivors were led to each other by circumstances or maybe by the silence guidance from an invisible force.  It is now up to them to decide how they move forward, rebuild and not repeat mistakes of the past.  To me this is key for them to survive as this story comes to an end.

Arnav's argument is to counter Khushi's perspective when she implies God is helping her.

For the other thing you mentioned  - Origins of earth as per our religion is for homes, temples, churches. Big Bang theory is in school. The two cannot be mixed because one relies on faith and the other on facts and evidence. One cannot bring theological argument to a classroom in the same way a scientific argument cannot be made in temple. When they are kept separate, there is both spiritual peace and scientific progress.

(My grandma keeps saying God is in everyone. I asked her if he was there in child molester whose preference was 5-7 year old girls. She was offended and didn't talk to me for a week.)
greenteaholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: archnahardik123

I too believe in karma. What ever a religion says you should focus on your karma. Because your karma decide what will be future life . If you do even a little bad thing, you will have to face it's effect in any kind. Because what is done is done you can't change it. What get a says is true and I too experience it in my life. 
Even Rama  and pandav face punishment for what ever they did wrong.( I don't want to go in details). 

So if one decide to do good act then it should be done with good heart and mind. Otherwise it will not be counted as good one. 

In your heart you have a court room where you yourself decide what is wrong and what is right and that decide what kind of karma you re doing.

Hope I made any sense😃

Its not about punishment. Its about practice. Everyone keeps blaming Kaliyug being bad. I just don't get that if the older three yug were so awesome, how come we have these eternal stories with women treated badly, parental and familial betrayals, warring families etc?
greenteaholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raila1014

Was he trying to proclaim his love for her?  Because if he is capable of this sentiment, then there is HOPE.  i simply love the sorry at the beginning because I find that is the hardest thing for a human to say even harder than love.  Actually, I find this update is full of hope and it looks like even with the fear of one of them not coming back, they are finally living.  They are over the old life and are moving on to the next phase.  Seeing laughter and them just having a regular conversation in the midst of all this feels good.  of course ending it with Anjali's return is another sign of hope.  Or maybe she is infected and then that will be the end of it all.

I can assure you right now that Anjali isn't infected :-) It was never meant to be that way.

I wanted to end the story in hope for everyone involved.
Raila1014 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: greenteaholic

Arnav's argument is to counter Khushi's perspective when she implies God is helping her.

For the other thing you mentioned  - Origins of earth as per our religion is for homes, temples, churches. Big Bang theory is in school. The two cannot be mixed because one relies on faith and the other on facts and evidence. One cannot bring theological argument to a classroom in the same way a scientific argument cannot be made in temple. When they are kept separate, there is both spiritual peace and scientific progress.  I agree with you but I find that is where the confusion happens.  When young minds see the wrongs being done (the child molester, the rapes, the priests' molestations, the barbaric acts committed in the name of God, etc . . . ) they question the validity of religion and God because it is a theory that cannot be proven.  This crucial time is when they can't reconcile the religious teaching with the scientific / academic teaching is when you start losing them to either extremities.  I wish deep in my heart that religion is taught as a way of life that is meant to be adapted individually in a person's life.  I wish that the fear of God is not preached but the respect for spirituality whatever it represents for each individual is encouraged.  When you try to force the rigid way of how religion was practised thousand of years ago on young minds, they will rebel.  

(My grandma keeps saying God is in everyone. I asked her if he was there in child molester whose preference was 5-7 year old girls. She was offended and didn't talk to me for a week.)

greenteaholic thumbnail
[QUOTE=Raila1014I agree with you but I find that is where the confusion happens.  When young minds see the wrongs being done (the child molester, the rapes, the priests' molestations, the barbaric acts committed in the name of God, etc . . . ) they question the validity of religion and God because it is a theory that cannot be proven.  This crucial time is when they can't reconcile the religious teaching with the scientific / academic teaching is when you start losing them to either extremities.  I wish deep in my heart that religion is taught as a way of life that is meant to be adapted individually in a person's life.  I wish that the fear of God is not preached but the respect for spirituality whatever it represents for each individual is encouraged.  When you try to force the rigid way of how religion was practised thousand of years ago on young minds, they will rebel.  

[/QUOTE]

I struggled with reconciliation too. With reading, experience and age, this itch starts to settle and one isn't as confounded anymore. We generally end up snubbing younger people for the sake of posterity without dealing the question with respect.

I have always advocated that faith is personal. Practice of religion is private. It isn't so in most of the cases and there is enough sycophants out there to rile up a generation some more.
greenteaholic thumbnail
Thank you everyone for being here, writing, talking and having dialogue. It was fun to write - the first thing I did every morning before I start work. I think I am going to miss that practice. The end had to come at some time.

It would be really good to know how the story went as most who read don't really comment. I mean it was the last part and I won't be writing anymore. Consider this as my Swan Song :=)

Have a great week everyone!
archnahardik123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Last part is awesome. 
Khushi is really not taking his hint. I also think what if he didn't meet her at the shop and didn't exchange their numbers. So many possibilities.

Ending is perfect with anjali. Could imagine arnav's state seeing his sister alive. That is a good sign for bright future.

I enjoy every chapters. It was an amazing exprience all together.
Hope to see you write again. If you do please do send pm to me too. I will love to read it.
Thanks for writing so beautifully.