Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

squivi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
There is no real will to change from the big bosses of channels to take risks and follow through with them. Of course at the end of the day, this is a big business with big money and naturally financial gains are certainly and rightfully important. However, when you are giving a product to millions of people in the form of tv - which is the largest and most popular medium for entertainment - it is the responsibility of the channels to offer variety and quality. By not doing so does such a disservice to the intellect of the audiences and to the talented actors and actresses. 

This is why Indian TV remains mediocre. Money outweighs talent and good concepts. The only hope is that the new generation clearly does not like any of the regressive garbage we see in 99% of the shows on TV today. So that will hopefully cause a shift in the demand and supply of good talent and shows as opposed to what we see everyday on tv now.
Edited by squivi - 9 years ago
ntmrjn thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Basically,the main thing is money.A normal person earns on a monthly basis but for actors,they are earning it on daily basis..
It depends on the producer too.like Ekta kapoor,who definitely fulfills that charging amt and under her,are the most veteran actors be it ronit roy or ram kapoor..i mean i can't believe they charge around lakhs per day..
And above all is acting,only good looks cannot make sb an actor for long phase..but,its noteworthy that though,such cringeworthy actors are in tv,their show are on top..
The main thing is to sell the concept rather than the acting abilities..which has just bring newcomers. Above all is quality,i would say an actor who has great acting ability earn fans and that makes them stay in tv industry and charge worthy amt..but some can't do it and it make them one show actor.
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Just bumping in without permission. My apologies. 
So, that was a SBS segment ? So, the media is finally talking about quality these days ?
 Less salary for newcomers is okay but what happens to them when their show goes off air ?They go out of the scene too. I can name thousand of such artists who just went missing after their shows went off air. Frankly speaking, the TV world hardly believes in talent or respect the talented people. Its all about money only. They can show anything illogical, unethical or unlawful if it ensures a good run. They simply treat their workers( read actors) as animals. Pardon me and my language but that what comes to my mind. Every show encourages the actors at least the leads to work for 15- 18 hours. What for ? To create filler episodes ? Money money and money. Its all about money. In a movie an actor is given a particular role and explained a specific story. The movie might not go well later but he plays his part which must be a contented journey. I feel pity about the serial actors though. They choose a product looking by the story line or the character sketch which is later conveniently changed to meet the TRP needs. Of course the actor has the right to move out but that doesn't really help his career, does it ?

No wonder most of them choose the reality shows or try their luck in the bollywood over fictional shows. . Telly world doesn't know how to hold on its own created stars.What a shame it is

spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I agree with every word that has been spoken here!! 👏

Shreya
Joseph_A thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: aaliah3108

Thanks Joe dear for sharing this article. I believe the Telly industry is just a money making business now a days.
No quality of product, no class, no ownership, no conscious effort to improve things and a very regressive portrayal of our society is all that it has become now!
The way shows are closed these days with the drop of a hat shows how much they care. They don't care a damn!
I have nothing against newcomers but everything cannot be about them. I have not found one such talent amongst the sea of new people.
Eventually all goes in the mirch masala category to invite trps!
It is all impending doom that I see now. Very sad state as of now.

@ Bold : Its exact my point Aaliah. 'New Comer' selection is not a crime 'If',they are talented n 'If',Its necessary for Story demand.

Novelties in Stories (or,we can say story 'Presentation') is also next impossible things in these Dailies.

Joseph_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: la126

I agree with u guys...mano n Jo bhai...
Creativity aur talent Ke waaat laga Diya he inn logon ne... 🤢
I agree that producers need profit but yaar...acting (as in neither over nor underacting) naam ki ek cheez hoti he...
Ache ache logon ko audition karke select karo BAs...however I am not interested in watching any show with new faces now... 😕 dunno y...okay maybe I know y... 😃 I tried but not happening... Sanaya has spoiled me... 😡

Okay topic change... 😃 Ronit Roy I liked his spirit... 👍🏼 and yes I wanna say that its the trp system which needs the changes...its high time...new faces-new TALENTS is okay new faces-no talent is a big no-no...hmmmphhh...missing the original rangrasiya...eventhough I am watching it in local language...

Thanks Jo bhai...for sharing this sensible segment... 😃

..welcome Sis !

After selection of Farhan in Chhanchhan,I have no trust in these 'Audition' drama.

Sanaya was far better as Sameera in LRL whatever,she was debutant their. Its really hard to believe that she refused 'Bidaii' offer because,she was not confident abt her screen presence n acting talent.

Now days,If you can smile n ready to cry wid glycerine effect...You can be a Actor,expressions not required.

-Mukti- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing this much needed to be heard article.  It is a sorry state that Indian tv industry is in and we the audience are paying the price.  Its either put up with this crap or don't watch; I am on don't watch now.  Until something changes this will continue.  
Joseph_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiyaS

Thanks for sharing this sensible segment, Joseph. TV has become big money nowadays ... and with the archaic TRP system, producers are just contractors, as the writer Kamlesh Pande said ... there is no attention to quality at all ... it's all about churning out mindless masala stuff. Having daily shows airing six days a week is another problem ... it's not easy for writers to churn out good writing every single day so they don't bother to do so ... especially when even if they do try something new and different, it fails on the TRP scales, because the audiences aren't ready for it ... or rather, a select 8000 plus group of people are not ready to watch anything new. If the TRP audience was truly representative of the general TV viewing public then the story might be different.  -..welcome Diya.100% agree wid your take on this issue. These 'Long Lasting' Non Stop saga telling method ruined the real creativity of all Creative people. Kamlesh Sir always point-outs this issue.

Our GR8 TRP system is last 'screw' in coffin. Its shocking that,our NEW Govt. cancelled previous Govt. strict Bill against to all TRP measurement providers Co. (i.e.,TAM). They all are same we really can't expect any path breaking 'changes' frm these Ministers.

And with the increase in quantity, producers want to cut corners, so take rank newcomers who don't know how to act ...most newcomers are not like Sanaya, who take time to learn the craft of acting in smaller roles before graduating to bigger ones ... most of them want to be main leads in their first show ... and we audience have to sit through their training. 😕   - Sad but,Its fact. n most shocking thing is,they all are gaining 'TRP'. 

But like Ronit said ... good actors will last ... talent and ability is what matters in the long run. The actor is the medium through which the director and writer tells his story to the audience ... if the actor fails, the story telling loses its effectiveness. Hope producers will realise this, and look for talent as well as freshness in new faces ... seeing new painted blocks of wood on TV in every other new show these days is painful. Not naming any shows here ... if I started, the list would be endless ... so nobody needs to take offence that I'm talking about their favorites 😆 - I can understand that's why these days preferring only Music-Movies n Discovery-ID Channel 😆 Because,I can't understand n tolerate these kinds of tortures. "Zindagi" few shows were nice but,after watching 'Bezubaan' n 'Piya Re...' I lost my interest on Pak shows too.

tvbuf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Glad you brought it to light

It's a dirty world - the talented actors have to face so much filth

Totally disgusting yet not surprising 😕
Joseph_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: dey.bh

Just bumping in without permission. My apologies. 

So, that was a SBS segment ? So, the media is finally talking about quality these days ?
 Less salary for newcomers is okay but what happens to them when their show goes off air ?They go out of the scene too. I can name thousand of such artists who just went missing after their shows went off air. Frankly speaking, the TV world hardly believes in talent or respect the talented people. Its all about money only. They can show anything illogical, unethical or unlawful if it ensures a good run. They simply treat their workers( read actors) as animals. Pardon me and my language but that what comes to my mind. Every show encourages the actors at least the leads to work for 15- 18 hours. What for ? To create filler episodes ? Money money and money. Its all about money. In a movie an actor is given a particular role and explained a specific story. The movie might not go well later but he plays his part which must be a contented journey. I feel pity about the serial actors though. They choose a product looking by the story line or the character sketch which is later conveniently changed to meet the TRP needs. Of course the actor has the right to move out but that doesn't really help his career, does it ?

No wonder most of them choose the reality shows or try their luck in the bollywood over fictional shows. . Telly world doesn't know how to hold on its own created stars.What a shame it is

Thanks for sharing some very sensible points in this topic. We really can't blame to actors if,they want to continue their carrier in BW. Its different thing that,except Sushant ,others are still struggling there. But,Its fact that Tele shows failed to justice wid their talent.

Here,I just want to share Nakul Mehta's Tweet after India-Pak world cup match -

Now that we are done with the World Cup, lets focus on more important issues like who will eat the ladoo in tonights #SasuralSimarKa ?

Sadly,this is the fact.

Edited by Joseph_A - 9 years ago