SBS:Budget Issues in Casting

Posted: 9 years ago
SBS : Budget Issues in Tele.

A very crucial Reality of NEW Casting trend in Tele  Industry.

@ Mods
:
Its not directly related to 'Rangrasiya' but,Its imp for all those Tele viewers who are waiting for some 'Quality' products in Indian Tele.This Thread intention is not degrade or insult any artist. If,You feel Its offended then,you can close this topic. Thanks.
Edited by Joseph_A - 9 years ago
Its a fact that,Now days Makers/Channel only want to increase their returns without improving their creativity n class. Weak TRP System is also responsible for this trend. (n Now,Its clear that No one (Govt.) will want to change this system due to their personal benefits.)

Makers just want to cast any XYZ to fulfill their Hero or Heroine requirements in their product. Ronit n Aditi described this condition in very suitable words.

2 Top Stars,who can act well is not of 'Cup of Tea' for those Producers who believe in cost cutting while casting. May be,they can't afford 2 stars who charge 75K or 80K/day because,they want to improve their 'Returns'.

In this case we can't expect any 'Quality' product because,in this NEW trend,our Industry is preferring 'Quantity' over then 'Quality'. 
Most needed SBS byte
in today's TV worldWhere everthing has become money

Offcourse everyone needs money
Everyone needs profit
There is no wrong in using new faces

But provided that they act well
Provided that they are talented
Provided that they suit the role

But going for a new face
Just becos they demand less salary is Pathetic

For that ,these producers can just to any business
Instead of venturing into creative field
Which needs creativity and talent

Its Just my take

Tfs Joseph for making this sensible post

Originally posted by multimediaa

Most needed SBS byte
in today's TV worldWhere everthing has become money

Offcourse everyone needs money
Everyone needs profit
There is no wrong in using new faces

But provided that they act well
Provided that they are talented
Provided that they suit the role

But going for a new face
Just becos they demand less salary is Pathetic

For that ,these producers can just to any business
Instead of venturing into creative field
Which needs creativity and talent

Its Just my take

Tfs Joseph for making this sensible post

..welcome Buddy ! Totally agree wid your take on this current situation. Its really a crucial period in Indian Tele because,now days Show making is plain business n they are not concerned abt 'Creativity' n 'Masterpiece creations'.

I don't want to take any particular show or artist name here but,I really want to say that,If this is acting n this is 'award winning performances' then we are really destroying n ignoring the word 'Talent' in current scenario.

Sorry state of affairs. And there seems no end in sight to this state unless the horrible system of TRP changes, which again, seems like a distant dream now. There is no dearth of talent in the industry. But all good things come with a price, so does this talent. Sad that producers forgo their creative satisfaction for money, not unusual, very much human nature sort of. Just that, for viewers like us,this trend is alarming.
Edited by SwaNia_2 - 9 years ago
Seriously it's really pathetic.
This system need to change.

Hope that our government should take some action on TRP system. 
A very sensible Seg story by SBS,after a long time. Thanx J,4 sharing on Forum. I loved Ronit honest take on this trend. Today, If, viewers still recall Tulsi,Mihir,Prerna,Kashish,Sujal n so many cult characters of Indian tele,Its means they all are in their mind 4 their outstanding performances.

Today Makers are focusing on packaging instead of packed materiel.  
Thanks Joe dear for sharing this article. I believe the Telly industry is just a money making business now a days.
No quality of product, no class, no ownership, no conscious effort to improve things and a very regressive portrayal of our society is all that it has become now!
The way shows are closed these days with the drop of a hat shows how much they care. They don't care a damn!
I have nothing against newcomers but everything cannot be about them. I have not found one such talent amongst the sea of new people.
Eventually all goes in the mirch masala category to invite trps!
It is all impending doom that I see now. Very sad state as of now.
I agree with u guys...mano n Jo bhai...
Creativity aur talent Ke waaat laga Diya he inn logon ne... 🤢
I agree that producers need profit but yaar...acting (as in neither over nor underacting) naam ki ek cheez hoti he...
Ache ache logon ko audition karke select karo BAs...however I am not interested in watching any show with new faces now... 😕 dunno y...okay maybe I know y... 😃 I tried but not happening... Sanaya has spoiled me... 😡

Okay topic change... 😃 Ronit Roy I liked his spirit... 👍🏼 and yes I wanna say that its the trp system which needs the changes...its high time...new faces-new TALENTS is okay new faces-no talent is a big no-no...hmmmphhh...missing the original rangrasiya...eventhough I am watching it in local language...

Thanks Jo bhai...for sharing this sensible segment... 😃
Thanks for sharing this sensible segment, Joseph. TV has become big money nowadays ... and with the archaic TRP system, producers are just contractors, as the writer Kamlesh Pande said ... there is no attention to quality at all ... it's all about churning out mindless masala stuff. Having daily shows airing six days a week is another problem ... it's not easy for writers to churn out good writing every single day so they don't bother to do so ... especially when even if they do try something new and different, it fails on the TRP scales, because the audiences aren't ready for it ... or rather, a select 8000 plus group of people are not ready to watch anything new. If the TRP audience was truly representative of the general TV viewing public then the story might be different.

And with the increase in quantity, producers want to cut corners, so take rank newcomers who don't know how to act ...most newcomers are not like Sanaya, who take time to learn the craft of acting in smaller roles before graduating to bigger ones ... most of them want to be main leads in their first show ... and we audience have to sit through their training. 😕

But like Ronit said ... good actors will last ... talent and ability is what matters in the long run. The actor is the medium through which the director and writer tells his story to the audience ... if the actor fails, the story telling loses its effectiveness. Hope producers will realise this, and look for talent as well as freshness in new faces ... seeing new painted blocks of wood on TV in every other new show these days is painful. Not naming any shows here ... if I started, the list would be endless ... so nobody needs to take offence that I'm talking about their favorites 😆