Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: NigelMolesworth

Sad. Will cartoonists apologize for drawing Prophet? Will OMG and PK makers apologize for mocking Hindu gods? What about Santa-Banta jokes mocking Sikhs?

Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice.

Cartoonists are dead, shot by those who got offended. They weren't satisfied with mere Twitter trending or filing a complaint.

PK/OMG have makers laughing all the way to the bank. Protests happened but died down themselves. Nobody was killed or jailed.

Santa Banta jokes have been around for ages. Some Sikhs take offense. Some share these jokes themselves. But nobody filed cases for them. No murders either.

So please avoid exaggerating the issue and comparing AIB with this or projecting it on larger scale.
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

----------

So please avoid exaggerating the issue and comparing AIB with this or projecting it on larger scale.

Then stop taking offense and exaggerating the issue.

Originally posted by: .Elixir.

BW makes "Radha on the dance floor,Radha likes to party, Radha likes to move that sexy Radha body" but imagine making sexy Allah on the dance floor or Sexy Guru Nanak or Sexy Mother Mary or Jesus. Imagine the uproar.😆 

Blasphemy 😆
The funniest is sexy Allah. May God bless the imagination ðŸ˜†
atominis thumbnail

Then stop taking offense and exaggerating the issue.

Why? I commented on magnitude of limits. Whereas you want people to stop reacting at all?

Nothing wrong in taking offense and reacting within reasonable, permissible limits.

.Iconoclast. thumbnail
^Well, I think the issues are comparable and relevant. 
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: NigelMolesworth

^Well, I think the issues are comparable and relevant.

You really think Charlie Hebdo shooting incident is comparable to this?

Sorry it is too far fetched.

And PK/OMG don't even make sense because there was no courtroom drama. These films minted loads of money which shows majority of public accepted them. PK wasn't even banned anywhere!

Funny how bringing up past tweets of Tanmay is a shocker whereas linking violent extremist incident or light protests to this is alright and makes sense!
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
^ Of course. Who sets the limits? I find people taking offense to a bunch of comedians silly. There were call for ban on PK and Haider. Most people who supported AIB jokers supported the makers. If PK was massive hit then AIB video got some 8 million views. Is it comparable then?

As for Tanmay's tweet...did you see my comments on it? In fact I had already mentioned that I don't like Tanmay and another guy's humor. I didn't watch the video either. I think if they can't stand for what they believe in then apologize to all.
fcuff thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have always felt and this issue has validated my opinion that AIB guys are totally immature. They can come up with somewhat funny jokes, but they are just not mature enough to standby, defend and handle the consequences of their jokes. 
What they have done today is to capitulate to one specific group with such an "unconditional apology". Next time they open their mouths to troll another group/sect of people, every single person is going to shove this apology to their faces.  It is pretty surprising thinking that they had one whole month to edit out their video and they surprisingly felt that these jokes could be included. Tomorrow if they hurt another group, then people will cal them cowards and rightly so.

They have never been good at handling criticism. When AIB posted that Alia skit, the whole world was applauding them, but Tanmay and co were busy whining on Twitter for FOUR DAYS because they were upset at some youtube comments. Isnt it ironic that the guys whose livelihood is to troll popular people cannot handle a bit of criticism themselves?
NoThanks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: fcuff

They have never been good at handling criticism. When AIB posted that Alia skit, the whole world was applauding them, but Tanmay and co were busy whining on Twitter for FOUR DAYS because they were upset at some youtube comments. Isnt it ironic that the guys whose livelihood is to troll popular people cannot handle a bit of criticism themselves?

As much as I loved Aliya Bhatt and roast videos,  I completely agree with what you wrote up there.
Tanmay goes berserk when he faces criticism.